Dominque Davis

I saw tweet about his mother passing this morning from Davis I think that's why he is not at practice.

I saw tweet about his mother passing this morning from Davis I think that's why he is not at practice.

Yeah Bob just confirmed it's a personal leave.

That's terrible if true. Feel for the guy. His Ma couldn't have been that old.

Oops. Guess I'm the little guy poking the sleeping bear here. Davis might be an all star. Why cut any player we bring in from training camp thru the entire season as we're just giving up on them too early. Yeah, I'm wrong & you're right. So sorry.

Let's not overreact. Backup quarterback is a difficult position to evaluate since you don't really slot one in for occasional plays like you could for almost every position. And I can't imagine he was brought in as an immediate solution. More like a project.

Oops. Guess I'm the little guy poking the sleeping bear here. Davis might be an all star. Why cut any player we bring in from training camp thru the entire season as we're just giving up on them too early. Yeah, I'm wrong & you're right. So sorry.

Let's not overreact. Backup quarterback is a difficult position to evaluate since you don't really slot one in for occasional plays like you could for almost every position. And I can't imagine he was brought in as an immediate solution. More like a project.

My point is that there are young qbs available every off season. We can't keep every player we sign as projects because we're giving up too early on them.

has anyone seen how Tajh Boyd is doing? Is he the Warren Moon carbon copy that he was touted to be?

I doubt we'll see him until, heaven forbid, we are eliminated from playoff contention. After all, we have Brian Brohm <ducking>.