Everything posted by Atomic
-
Why would Wally not just wait Desjardins out?
is this serious? They don't? Tell me otherwise. Who plays tackle?
-
CFL fines Mo Price
You see, now this is funny.
-
CFL fines Mo Price
Actually in that case the issue is your lack of understanding of the negativity associated with that term. And really your justification that you *could* have sex with a man and say that is moot unless you do actually have sex with men. And even then it only rises to the level of black people using the N-Bomb which is ridiculous too but another discussion for another time. I fully understand the negativity associated with the term. I just don't get offended by its use, even though I have every right to. That's why my argument is that people are just too sensitive. I find that people who claim they are offended by Term A or Opinion B, are generally the worst kind of people. My suggestion would just be "Get over it."
-
CFL fines Mo Price
I can have sex with a man and still have no problem calling guys f*ggots on the ice at hockey. Really the issue here is oversensitivity.
-
Best guess at the 44 man roster projection
I also had Tarver as kick returner, he can back up at RB. Volny is really our only option for a Canadian RB. Ford could easily be replaced by Paris Cotton or the other guy we brought in.
-
Best guess at the 44 man roster projection
My depth chart looks a little different. QB: Willy, Hall, Brohm/Marve FB: Pontbriand, Fitzgerald RB: Ford, Volny WR1: Urrutia (or whoever) WR2: Kohlert, Brescacin SB1: Moore SB2: Watson, Feoli-Gudino SB3: Denmark LT: January LG: Greaves C: Goossen, Morley RG: Neufeld RT: Jones DE: Turner, Gatling DT: Anderson, Lucas, Thomas DE: Vega SLB: Banks, Sherman ILB: Kuale, Briggs ILB: Wild, Eisho WLB: Newman WCB: Randle, Leggett WHB: Washington FS: Sears, West SHB: Suber SCB: Alexander, Bucknor, Jones PK: Maher KR: Tarver Canadian starters: Watson, Kohlert, Greaves, Goossen, Neufeld, Newman, Alexander... in certain situations Newman coming out and a 4th DL coming in (Thomas/Lucas). DI's: Maher, Tarver, Leggett (or other DB), Gatling (or other DE/LB)
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
They're thinking "Win now". They went out and acquired an all-star Canadian OL. Something Winnipeg hasn't been able to do in years...
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
Hage is retired. Not officially, he never signed the papers.
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
There's no question that Jon Gott would be a better Centre RIGHT NOW for Ottawa. From that perspective, the move makes sense. They use a pick to get their starting centre, and probably a better one than they would have if they kept the pick. The question is, how long will Gott be there, and will he be better than Lavertu long-term?
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
I could see that. Calgary needs a safety.
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
"Hi Marcel, my name is John Hufnagel. Could I just get you to bend over that barrel right there? Thanks. Here I come!"
-
CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread
What an unbelievably short-sighted trade for Desjardins. I still feel like Lavertu will go #1.
-
Bomber Fan Forum May 12
What do you mean? He is conservative?
-
2014 CFL Draft blog
This guy is a sports radio host in Vancouver... some interesting tweets here: Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 1h Hearing lots of interest to move up to #1-2 in #CFLDraft tomorrow. Teams covet Laval C Pierre Lavertu & C/G Matthias Goossen from SFU. Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 59m Lavertu is considered a plug-and-play C in year one, while Goossen's potential to play several OL spots is driving interest. Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 56m That said, @OTT_RedBlacks may go with Montreal OT David Foucault #1 overall. May have #NFL future w/ Carolina, but huge potential as a RT. Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 48m #CFLDraft wild card is OL Tchissakidi Player from Northwestern St. Non-import played Class 5-A Texas HS football w/ a premier program. Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 43m EDM in catbird's seat b/c many teams believe draft falls off after 2 players (Lavertu, Goossen) if OT Foucault sticks w/ CAR @JasonGregor Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres 39m Others believe Foucault won't stick w/ NFL's Panthers, & that OL T. Player, DB Lue, RB Coombs, WR Bailey = 6-7 deep draft @JasonGregor
-
Michael Sam Reaction
I first heard it on the radio but it turns out he did not quite say that it was because he was gay: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/12/michael-sam-i-should-have-gone-in-the-first-three-rounds/
-
Terrell Parker & Mike McAdoo released
Well I guess you're the expert.
-
Michael Sam Reaction
I don't care either way but I think Michael Sam makes himself even more of a target by complaining that he would have gone in the first 3 rounds if he wasn't gay. Get real. Even if it is true, and I don't believe it is, he just sounds like a whiner saying stuff like that.
-
Phaneuf to Jets?
Noooo please God no
-
Bombers release Cauchy Muamba
He sucked from Week One on. Shoulda listened to the Rider fans on that one, I guess.
-
Bombers Reject Rabb for Board of Directors
Good job digging up those articles, Jacquie. Looks like there were rumours of Bauer going to the Stamps before he even left the Bombers.
-
Bombers release Cauchy Muamba
NeverForgetCauchyMuamba
-
Lawless: Profit of $3M for Bombers in 2013
Yep that was great... my favourite ones were the people who tried to tell us that the builders accidentally designed the stadium for an NFL field. God people can be stupid sometimes.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
The thing is, the Jags needed a QB. They obviously had Bortles rated the highest, so in reality it is hard to fault them for making that pick. Every analyst I saw had the top 3 or 4 QBs jumbled in different orders... There really wasn't one guy who was head and shoulders above the rest. Personally I was thrilled with the Vikings getting Bridgewater at 32. I think that is a steal, regardless of how shitty Bridgewater's pro day went.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
I don't mind that pick... Tom Brady will be 37 this season and he's not going to play forever. The pick that struck me as odd was the Browns using their first pick on Justin Gilbert, a cornerback. But they were still able to grab Manziel later on so it ended up looking like an okay move, I guess.
-
Duane Forde OL Draft Preview
LDT finally went in the sixth round to the Chiefs. David Foucault was not drafted but has already gotten an invite to Carolina Panthers mini-camp.