Robert McCune Bomber bound?

Tracker

Bob Mitchell @ThePitBull123

Looks like Argo MLB Robert McCune is headed to Wpg. Will make Bombers a better team. But Argos have Shea Emry as his replacement

Apparently Bob Mitchell covers the Argos and Leafs for the Toronto Star.

Interesting that tweet is from 8 hours ago and no Winnipeg media has reported this yet.

Until the Bombers announce it, no reporter will post it. To do otherwise would require something like journalistic initiative and valuable time away from other, more pleasurable pursuits. Like napping.

If true, I suppose it's a good move, not crazy about McCune's speed, but he's a gamer.

As a MLB, speed is not as critical as outside linebacker role, so maybe he will work out. Besides, there are no other viable choices at present.

Parker ?

And yes I realize that "speed" at MLB isn't as important as other positions on defense, but IMO McCune is slow for a MLB.

I'll take McCune. The man is a beast & intimidating as a linebacker. I'd have preferred the Stamps kept him over Juwan Simpson who hasn't been as dominant as he used to be a few years ago. 

And if McCune can clog up the middle effectively, it makes life a lot easier for the other backers and even the DBs.

I've seen backers beat up & finished at 28. The guy was in the US Marines, is a physical fitness nut & a fiend in the weight room. He started playing football late because of his military committments. if he can still ball I don't care if he's 35. We need players NOW to help us win games. We need to plug a lot of holes. We went cheap with youth & look where it got us. 

I've seen backers beat up & finished at 28. The guy was in the US Marines, is a physical fitness nut & a fiend in the weight room. He started playing football late because of his military committments. if he can still ball I don't care if he's 35. We need players NOW to help us win games. We need to plug a lot of holes. We went cheap with youth & look where it got us. 

Ok...he can play for your team, seeing as you love him so much...not for me thanks

Would love this.

Ya, he's old.  As long as we're not banking on him being a long term solution, we will be okay.  The management and team seem intent on finding player to win now AND finding players for the future.  Guys like Korey Banks aren't here to make us winners three years from now.  O'Shea wants to compete immediately and to do that he needs a guy like McCune, who might not be great but could be good enough for a team with a gaping hole at MLB.  I think there is a difference between wanting to win now and mortgaging the future to win now.  I think we are in the former and not the latter category.  If we were just signing a bunch of old guys, or killing our cap by signing them to big money and long term deals (thus limiting future signings of young players) I'd be more concerned.  Some of the other additions the Bombers are banking on being long term solutions.  No harm in trying to make the roster competition stronger for this season.