Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Sounds like Briggs and West were back at practice today so that is a small boost.
  2. Atomic replied to Floyd's topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    Oh come on, this is a good debate, let's not ruin it with pretend salaries. We have no idea what anyone makes.
  3. Atomic replied to Floyd's topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    Cotton and probably Ford will be out for week one so the question is Grigsby vs Messam. Messam is Canadian and a better RB so we should sign him.
  4. I believe this includes everyone. If it doesn't then I made a mistake somewhere. Getting back at least one of Kohlert or Julian Feoli-Gudino before game 1 is critical. I'm sure we are watching out for any stray Canadian receivers and defensive linemen that shake loose from other rosters, too.
  5. If the season started today... Here are 21 roster Canadians, plus the guys competing for a spot, and injured players. Really hope we can get some guys healthy. The 12 day break should help. That 7th starter spot would probably still be a competition between Carter and Renaud. Starters 1. Chris Greaves 2. Cory Watson 3. Patrick Neufeld 4. Steve Morley 5. Matt Bucknor 6. Jake Thomas 7. Brett Carter Backups 8. Matthias Goossen 9. Paul Swiston 10. Teague Sherman 11. Louie Richardson 12. Derek Jones 13. Taylor Renaud 14. Carl Volny 15. Rene Stephan 16. Quinn Everett 17. Mike Cornell 18. Michel-Pierre Pontbriand 19. Carl Fitzgerald 20. Mike Renaud 21. Lirim Hajrullahu Others Dale Stevenson Injured Julian Feoli-Gudino Rory Kohlert Aram Eisho Donovan Alexander Jesse Briggs Dan West Graig Newman Ryan Lucas
  6. Winnipeg 14-4 Calgary 13-5 Edmonton 11-7 Saskatchewan 5-13 BC 4-14
  7. Grigsby has been unimpressive, and if the new kid Bolton can't make an impression, I think we need to take a long look at Messam.
  8. I'm not crazy about Aaron Kelly but really all we need from that WR spot is a guy who can catch a few balls per game, and Kelly fits that persona. Denmark, Moore, and Watson will be the guys carrying the offence in terms of receivers.... that WR spot just needs to be a guy who can catch the damn ball when it comes to him. Kelly's not a gamebreaker but he makes tough catches to keep drives alive and that might be enough. It does seem odd with all the talk about our scouting staff that they haven't been able to bring in anyone better, though.
  9. I believe that Zach Anderson is going to get a lot of snaps whether he is officially the starter or not. Etcheverry loves to rotate his players. We will see guys like Richardson, Stephan, Briggs, West, and Jones all getting time in the defence and that is when Anderson will be on the field.
  10. Maher has signed with the REDBLACKS.
  11. Cornell has been out there for awhile, surprised it took this long for him to find work. Nice depth pickup. I fell asleep during the Eskimo game so I didn't get a good look at Dell. Looks like he was their leading receiver with 6 for 75 yards... weird that he would be cut so early.
  12. How do you figure? Seems like quite a leap from a casual tweet from Paris Cotton to determining the roster status of all our RB's.
  13. Atomic replied to Floyd's topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    I don't buy into the whole "We must sign every Canadian that other teams release" thing, but IMO Messam is still a talented player that could help us out. Chamblin says the Riders might be interested in Messam. So someone tell me why he may be good enough for the defending champ Riders... but the Bombers are positive he can't help us out?
  14. We barely have enough Canadians to fill a roster right now, I figured they would focus on cutting internationals at this point. Seems odd to cut Kowalczuk right now... if we lose a single interior lineman to injury then we don't really have anyone to step in. Unless they feel comfortable putting Quinn Everett in the lineup already.
  15. I think they're prepared to go with Wild as the primary long snapper. O'Shea spoke quite glowingly of him on the last coach's show.
  16. The one thing that worries me about our starters is the starting OL giving up 3 sacks in the first half. That's not good.
  17. I think Brohm has already passed Hall on the depth chart. I really didn't like Hall's game last night. However I would still be surprised if he were released outright.
  18. I'm willing to give the defence the benefit of the doubt until the regular season begins. The missed tackles are frustrating, though. Pass defence looked ok, it is going to be tough to keep all our good DBs. I like Randle, Washington, Suber, Sears, Markett, Leggett, B. Johnson... Don't know what we'll do there. Honestly more worried about the atrocious kick coverage. I don't see how it can be that bad. Rookie ST coordinator Pat Tracey better figure his unit out because I have a feeling O'Shea won't be particularly patient with poor special teams.
  19. Graig Newman looks like he is seriously injured
  20. I think they cut him in May after mini camp.
  21. I've seen accidental pass interference called before. It usually happens when the two guys' feet get tangled up while they are running downfield.
  22. Yes, that is included in the extra 2 roster players.
  23. Bottom line is that Knapp has been better than Jones this year so far. Last year is pretty irrelevant at this point.
  24. Could definitely see this kind of thing going on in Saskatchewan
  25. Really hoping Goossen shines at centre. Gives us way more roster flexibility if he is able to start.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.