Mike Sims-Walker

JayPee

Was he one of the guys insinuated to have "quit" on the team?

It didn't seem like it. Chad Simpson was definitely one, and I was thinking Matthews was another but given our strong interest in bringing him back I'd guess not.

Matthews was still with the team cheering on the sidelines at home games so I'm thinking he was in the good books.  

I'll never understand why Matthews took so much heat last year. He stuck it out right until the very end while he was stuck on the sidelines.

He had NFL interest and he still stayed up here in a throwaway season to stick it out. He could've packed his bags, gone home and started prepping for the NFL.

I have a lot of respect for him. Would love to have him back.

Definitely want Matthews back. Nick Moore and Chris could wreak havoc on opposition d's. I just hope he's a 100 per cent if we bring him in. I don't know where all of this 'bad' attitude is coming from. Seems a lot in sask. would luv to have him there and probably a few more clubs including the Redblacks. His attempt to get something going in the nfl seem to be drying up, so we should see him back.

Given how the coaching made receivers worse I would have liked to have seen Matthews with a chance to rebound after Crowton was fired. Worked for Denmark. Matthews just strikes me as a guy with the right kind of attitude. He never once bitched about having to be back in the CFL for a 2nd year despite having NFL interest. If he doesn't get an NFL shot then I hope to god we get him back here. 

Reading this guys twitter is bizarre and the guy definitely seems off.... also doesn't help that he has several racist stuff in his past tweets.

Maybe some of the twitter nerds can ask him straight up if he's planning to come back or not?

I've asked him and so has Winnipeg media man Darrin Bauming. He never replies to that question.

Reading this guys twitter is bizarre and the guy definitely seems off.... also doesn't help that he has several racist stuff in his past tweets.

Maybe some of the twitter nerds can ask him straight up if he's planning to come back or not?

There's nothing racist about his tweets.

There's nothing racist about his tweets.

Agreed. Seems to me he defended some guy accused of being a racist, and in turn was called a racist himself...? It's a riveting tale filled with many twists and turns. That and he doesn't control what other people say to him.

That sounds like a pretty standard twitter exchange.