Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. CFL should bump their offer up to 5.1 mil to start with 75k bumps every year, taking it to 5.4 mil in the 4th year of the deal. Move down the revenue protection number from 27 mil to 25 mil. Get to the table with those numbers, hash out the remaining issues, and be done with it. At this point the CFLPA will likely accept any positive movement from the CFL.
  2. Kelly would be a guy I'd keep around as the 4th import receiver, unless we have a returner who can fill that role. He may not be a gamebreaker but he is at least somewhat reliable and can play both WR and SB.
  3. Maybe a guy like Chris Walby? Now that would be cool. Maybe not as host but he should be on that panel... http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Manitoba/ID/2422224532/
  4. Keep in mind that rookies aren't included in the vote
  5. We also have Sask's 4th rounder from the Neufeld trade
  6. Yeah I don't doubt it. O'Shea was pretty complimentary of Washington in particular when Penton asked about him.
  7. O'Shea isn't letting the media talk to his coordinators... among other things he said the reason was to "control the message." As soon as I heard that, I knew Friesen would be all over it. That's definitely what he is referring to.
  8. lmao omg u guys r old
  9. While I hate the idea of Zach Anderson getting bumped out of a starting role, I don't mind Ryan Lucas... he was actually getting lots of reps and looking quite good last year until Jon Gott ended his season with a pretty questionable block. I do believe that Lucas is our best option as a second Canadian starter on defence.... better than using two NI's in the secondary or trying to wedge Graig Newman into a starting MLB role, at least.
  10. Yes, I agree that Duthie would be the natural choice. Or maybe a guy like Rod Smith.
  11. Probably no coincidence that it is the same guy who was long-snapping for Hajrullahu at Western.
  12. Mitchell failed his physical. Not sure he'd be a great pickup.
  13. Hajrullahu would be a non-counter too, then?
  14. He hasn't shown any interest in the CFL because he is still playing in the NFL. If he gets cut and can't catch on anywhere, I'm sure he will consider the CFL. His agent is Darren Gill, who represents many CFL players, so you can be sure he is aware that the option to join the Bombers is out there.
  15. I hear those things are awfully loud... Just crank the tunes. OMG!! It glides as softly as a cloud!!!
  16. Easy to say that when she never got the chance to back up any of her promises. Every losing politician can say they told the truth.
  17. Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose!
  18. Totally inaccurate. The first time I heard anything about the Thrashers coming to Winnipeg was from Sam Katz in a TV interview when everyone was still talking about the Coyotes. They asked him what he thought about the chances of the Coyotes coming to Winnipeg, and he responded that he didn't think so but that the team he thought people should be more focussed on is the Atlanta Thrashers. He knew exactly what was going on.
  19. Sorry, what is worrying about that? I like not going into camp with January, Boatman, and Taormina, and assuming we'll be fine. Competition is good.
  20. I think it gives some hints. For example, it's not an accident that a guy like Desia Dunn is listed as the starter at WILL. To me, that says we are looking to use that position more like the SAM is traditionally used, as a DB/LB hybrid. I believe that it also shows a lack of confidence in our interior OL when they have an American penciled in at right guard, even though we have guys like Pencer, Swiston, and Kowalczuk who have already been around for awhile. Like you say, a depth chart on day one doesn't mean much. But you are fooling yourself if you don't believe the coaches have already sat down and contemplated which position each player on the roster fits into best, and as such has slotted them in there on the depth chart. These things can and will change, but it is a starting point. If nothing else, it provides some great talking points for an obviously football-starved fanbase.
  21. That's probably what worries me most. I think back to our games against Calgary last year and it really didn't matter how fast or in-position our players were, they were getting steamrolled by the big boys on the Calgary offence... couldn't make a tackle to save their lives.
  22. Zach Anderson 3rd on the chart... If Etch ends up cutting him I'm breaking out the pitch fork and torches I noticed that too. Even if the ratio doesn't allow Anderson to start initially, I'm sure they will find a way to keep him around. He is way too talented to just throw away.
  23. Lots of weird stuff going on in that depth chart. Import at right guard with an NI at right tackle, Desia Dunn starting at WILL, Ryan Lucas starting at DT... obviously very preliminary but maybe gives a look at management's mindset heading into camp in regards to how they want to construct the roster.
  24. Wow, that is awesome news. Great job guys.
  25. lol gbill2004 you're famous.... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/05/27/bombers-take-to-offence-on-twitter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.