Etcheverry announced as Defensive Coordinator (finally)

Mike

Not sure this staff is shaping up as a catalogue of hall of fame coaches. Again too many guys with limited CFL experience.

I could find quite a few ways to criticize our coaching staff but I'm not sure that a lack of CFL experience would be one of them.

On offense, our OC has 5 years experience as a CFL OC, our WR coach has 3 years as a CFL WR coach and our short list for OL coach includes very experienced candidates.

On the defensive side of the ball, our DC has 6 years experience as a CFL DC, our DB coach has 4 years as a CFL DB coach and our DL coach has 2 years as a CFL DL coach. That's quite a bit of experience for those positions.

The least experience comes on ST, where our HC has a good amount of experience.

I repeat set your standards higher. Is better than recently a good indication of having constructed a good staff? Again this is staff is a reflection of a dismantled organizations inability to attract both FAs and coaches.

So in summation, you actually didn't bother to read what I wrote.

The last time these three got together was in 2009-10 with the Riders.  They went to the Grey Cup two years in a row, John Chick and Stevie Baggs were 1-2 in the league in sacks ('09), James Patrick had 9 interceptions in one season ('10), and Barrin Simpson led the league in tackles ('10).

We could do a lot worse.

I hate that we're already blackballing the coaching staff that O'Shea/Walters have chosen as "underwhelming."  Put the right guys in the right scheme, and you'll have yourself an effective defense, regardless of whether the DC is a young up-and-comer, an experienced vet with a good reputation, or as we like to call them "retreads."

Seriously... do we have any better chance of winning a GC with an Etch defence, a Marshall defence, or an upshot like Steinauer?  It depends entirely on their personnel and their fit in the scheme.  Be underwhelmed if they suck in October.  Not Febtober.

I repeat set your standards higher. Is better than recently a good indication of having constructed a good staff? Again this is staff is a reflection of a dismantled organizations inability to attract both FAs and coaches.

Or maybe you shouldn't just talk out of your ass. You said there was a lack of experience, you're completely 100% wrong about that, it's just that the experience isn't great. 

What you're doing here is trying to move the goal posts. You'd be better off just admitting that you were wrong on your comment and then move on. 

Mike Scheper to coach the D-Line, Nelson Martin to coach the DBs.

No LB coach, OL coach or QB coach announced yet ... which leads me to believe that's probably where the hold up has been terms of announcing names.

i'm guessing they are waiting for Cooper Harris for the LB coach,

either Wylie or Himebauch for the OL caoch

any names for the QB coach ?

No LB coach, OL coach or QB coach announced yet ... which leads me to believe that's probably where the hold up has been terms of announcing names.

Dieter Brock

Dieter Brock

Is that true? or just a guess?

Dieter Brock

Is that true? or just a guess?

wishful thinking. I'd love to see Dieter on the Winnipeg sidelines again.