Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?

Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out against Eskimos cost MOS his job?

• Yes
    • No

Same poll and idea as last time. I'll state again this poll is simply about MOS's job in the near term. This isn't supposed to be a 10 page debate on firing MOS in the off season, or, if we should fire him. This is just me gauging where the fan base is at and if people think he will be fired if get blown out against Edmonton. Not a loss like Calgary yesterday, but a real good rodgering that we often get at Commonwealth Stadium.

Please be respectful in the thread, this isn't meant to be a divisive post to cause arguments. If you can't keep your comments and replies respectful then maybe considering Pm'ing me your anger instead lol.

Edited by White Out

23 minutes ago, White Out said:

Same poll and idea as last time. I'll state again this poll is simply about MOS's job in the near term. This isn't supposed to be a 10 page debate on firing MOS in the off season, or, if we should fire him. This is just me gauging where the fan base is at and if people think he will be fired if get blown out against Edmonton. Not a loss like Calgary yesterday, but a real good rodgering that we often get at Commonwealth Stadium.

Please be respectful in the thread, this isn't meant to be a divisive post to cause arguments. If you can't keep your comments and replies respectful then maybe considering Pm'ing me your anger instead lol.

**** you, you're wrong!!!

Sorry, I got a little carried away before actually reading the post... ;)

I voted NO. I don't think they are even considering firing MOS at this time, Whens our first bye week tho? That's a possibility. I don't think it's at that point yet tho, should it be? that's another question. Is it? Probably not. 

Personally, i just don't think firing MOS accomplishes anything at all. It's a PR move at best and i don't think firing MOS changes anything about the team. They are just fundamentally broken, i dunno how else to say it, but something is broken with this team from the TOP right down to the last guy on the PR... something ain't right and firing the coach mid season won't change anything. I guess at this point, i'm fine with MOS and crew getting to the end of the season to turn things around, if they don't, well, the whole crew can get packing. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I voted NO. I don't think they are even considering firing MOS at this time, Whens our first bye week tho? That's a possibility. I don't think it's at that point yet tho, should it be? that's another question. Is it? Probably not. 

Losing hurts and drills away at peoples confidence. Look at how badly peoples confidence in MOS has been shaken by a dull loss to Calgary. Not a blow out, just a couple scores. Mike has given up on MOS, and there's media speculation ramping up. It's easy to talk about it being early in the year but it's not early in MOS's regime. 1-5 with a crushing loss to the Eskimos is a very hard spot to be in if your Michael O'Shea... just try and picture these boards and how people will feel if the Eskimo's put the boots to us 35-10  or more. It would be a blood bath.

Yeah but... does firing the coach make the team better? does it put more asses in the seats? Probably not. This board is a blood bath at the best of times... i don't think and i'm guessing the majority of us who stuck around to the end last night are on this board but.... at the same time, The team needs to win, firing MOS probably doesn't help that. I just don't have the confidence right now in Lapo or Hall to do any better... I just don't see how they could do any better. I dunno, media speculation? Not really ,lawless pretty much came out and said MOS will not be fired and they aren't even thinking about it right now... 

The team isn't winning  right now either... but i don't see them winning with LAPO or Hall as coach/oc/special teams/ dc/coach/ etc 

Edited by Goalie

Still don't think it happens.

MOS may or may not make a QB change next week, but either way, he will likely go to Nichols at some point and he's going to get a few games with a different QB. Now if we make the move to Nichols and still get killed a couple of game sin a row, then we might see a coaching change.

Firing the coach says "We recognize that there's a problem and we're trying to fix it."  Not firing O'Shea says, "We're going to be fine, just be patient" which everyone knows, is a lie.  We're not going to be fine and the patience of many has been exhausted.  Even the team itself is starting to look like they've given up so the Bombers are getting to a point of having to be seen to be doing something, anything,  to show that the organization is trying.  

Well this is the kiss of death right here. Not happening this week, but opens the door to MOS firing in future. You can't actually close the door after this. So, ya, I'd say blowout in Eskville, MOS gone. And rightly so.

any speculation about staffing changes with #bombers is premature. not happening at this juncture #bombers sources #cfl

3 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Well this is the kiss of death right here. Not happening this week, but opens the door to MOS firing in future. You can't actually close the door after this. So, ya, I'd say blowout in Eskville, MOS gone. And rightly so.

any speculation about staffing changes with #bombers is premature. not happening at this juncture #bombers sources #cfl

I suggest that it will not take yet another blowout to end O'Shea's career here- another loss will do it. There's only so much losing a team can take before the players give up and I think if we're not there yet, we soon will be.

Sadly, Lawless might be right. The team is so dysfunctional that they aren't even thinking about making a coaching change. We're 1-4. We haven't won 2 in a row or put up more than 30 points in 2 years, but there're not even thinking of making changes. (Where's the facepalm emoji?) :angry:

Interesting that it was 90% no last week and It's 50% no right now.

Edited by TBURGESS
added a line

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

How does canning Osh now or anytime during the season have a positive impact on the team?   It's not like there's a star coach out there that's unemployed that can step in.  It wont put more butts in the seats. 

Duane Forde was on the 1290 this morning and said that it's not the coaches responsibility to make sure the players are pumped up to play.  It falls solely on the players and if they can't get pumped up. Maybe they're in the wrong profession.  

Forde was supporting Osh and wants to see the team ride it out and see if both the defence and offence can work thru their struggles.   

2 hours ago, White Out said:

bullshit, there are no credible sources speculating that firing O'Shea is even being considered right now and one source even says it's not in the cards yet you put up this same poll as last week, for what reason? There is only one, to get people talking about firing the coach. 

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

bullshit, there are no credible sources speculating that firing O'Shea is even being considered right now and one source even says it's not in the cards yet you put up this same poll as last week, for what reason? There is only one, to get people talking about firing the coach. 

am I supposed to feel bad that I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to this stuff? MOS being fired has been talked about in the media more and more. Soon it will become all but inevitable unless this team/coach flips a switch and figures it out.

But ya, lets get all amped up and yell profanity at each other? Cmon. How about civil discourse. I'm really trying here.

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

am I supposed to feel bad that I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to this stuff? MOS being fired has been talked about in the media more and more. Soon it will become all but inevitable unless this team/coach flips a switch and figures it out.

But ya, lets get all amped up and yell profanity at each other? Cmon. How about civil discourse. I'm really trying here.

Or how about you drop the charade and just admit that you're pushing an agenda rather than feigning surprise when people go in the only natural direction a thread like this can go? The next time you try civil discourse will be the first. You always come in with hostile tones and then act surprised when people react in kind. You are the kind of person that is so convinced of your opinions that you are actually shocked that anyone might actually disagree and it offends you that not everyone shares your utter brilliance. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Or how about you drop the charade and just admit that you're pushing an agenda rather than feigning surprise when people go in the only natural direction a thread like this can go? The next time you try civil discourse will be the first. You always come in with hostile tones and then act surprised when people react in kind. You are the kind of person that is so convinced of your opinions that you are actually shocked that anyone might actually disagree and it offends you that not everyone shares your utter brilliance. 

Why is it an agenda? Do you really think I have any sway in getting someone fired? Please. If you think that trying to gain the morale high ground is achieved with your boorish behavior, and that said morale high ground will some how elevate your flimsy opinions of MOS you're mistaken. On both accounts.

Firing the coach was a popular idea when Burke got promoted... until people saw the results.  O'Shea is never going to live up to the hype, he's not the next great HC.  A nice guy and decent human being? Sure.  But Doug Berry ran better quality practices from his golf cart than this guy and I hated Doug Berry.

9 minutes ago, White Out said:

Why is it an agenda? Do you really think I have any sway in getting someone fired? Please. If you think that trying to gain the morale high ground is achieved with your boorish behavior, and that said morale high ground will some how elevate your flimsy opinions of MOS you're mistaken. On both accounts.

I'm not trying to gain any kind of morale high ground. I'm comfortable being confrontational and argumentative, I know I'm doing it and I don't get surprised when people react accordingly. I'm just trying to help you see that you are doing the exact same thing and acting surprised when people react accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I want MOS gone but this poll is lame. Just what results are you looking for? What results do you expect? That he should be retained??? LOL!

It's already shifting. Look at the last poll; 90% said no. We're close to 50-50 now. You don't see value in seeing this movement in the base?

Just now, White Out said:

It's already shifting. Look at the last poll; 90% said no. We're close to 50-50 now. You don't see value in seeing this movement in the base?

Just now, White Out said:

You don't need a poll to know what's going on. just read the comments in all the different threads. Remember to let the media know the results here with the "base".