Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?

Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out against Eskimos cost MOS his job?

• Yes
    • No

31 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

People do change. An absolute discharge is not "not guilty". The facts are he did what he was accused of doing. No criminal record but a police record for a period.

Any organization does not have to cut current employees because of considering hiring a guy with a record. The organization has the authority to not hire, pretty much for any reason they want. 

As mentioned a guy that trades away a Franchise quarterback is possibly a loose cannon. In this fairly moral city, the risk to hire, the blowback, maybe more than would be tolerated by the WFC.

thats a good point too. People change and make mistakes. He plead guilty, thats guilty. 

I was saying if we take a moral high point where we refuse to hire some one like him because of that kind of past, we'd have to let go of a bunch of guys. 

I agree with that on ray. That was a huge head scratcher and that kind of move would be my primary concern with him. He is generally a very sharp football mind though. Some times guys like that end up out thinking them self. 

The question is, if anyone else was the GM of Edmonton at the time, would the outcome be the same?  That is, was he forced, or whoever would have been GM, have been forced to do it?  If he had a choice, then for sure, that's a stupid thing to do. Unfortunately none of us know what happened behind closed doors. 

In any case I doubt he'd be coming here anyway so this whole point is moot.  Or moo if you're name is Joey. 

Edit: well I guess he didn't get nothing for Ray. He got Jyles, Shaw and the no 2 pick. Still not a great trade. 

Edited by Logan007

11 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

The question is, if anyone else was the GM of Edmonton at the time, would the outcome be the same?  That is, was he forced, or whoever would have been GM, have been forced to do it?  If he had a choice, then for sure, that's a stupid thing to do. Unfortunately none of us know what happened behind closed doors. 

In any case I doubt he'd be coming here anyway so this whole point is moot.  Or moo if you're name is Joey. 

Edit: well I guess he didn't get nothing for Ray. He got Jyles, Shaw and the no 2 pick. Still not a great trade. 

yeah thats some thing none of us will ever know. did the pick turn into any one?

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I'd be somewhat surprised if this isn't a massive ass wooping tonight. MOS will be around for a while longer 

Usually a big change shakes up a team and gets more out of them for a game maybe two. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

thats a good point too. People change and make mistakes. He plead guilty, thats guilty. 

I was saying if we take a moral high point where we refuse to hire some one like him because of that kind of past, we'd have to let go of a bunch of guys. 

I agree with that on ray. That was a huge head scratcher and that kind of move would be my primary concern with him. He is generally a very sharp football mind though. Some times guys like that end up out thinking them self. 

I know what your saying. If we say it. 

Don't hire because, "not a good interview - unsuitable media presence - questionable work ethic etc."  

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I know what your saying. If we say it. 

Don't hire because, "not a good interview - unsuitable media presence - questionable work ethic etc."  

Yeah thats very possible. I mean he was canned from edmonton just before a play off game with less reason. But for me, as a fan if we are gonna go down that road we have to follow it to its logical conclusion. 

On 28/07/2016 at 8:01 PM, wbbfan said:

yeah that's some thing none of us will ever know. did the pick turn into any one?

according to my research (wikipedia)... it was Austin Pasztor... who may still turn out to be a good pick... so far he has spent his entire career in the NFL... or he may never be seen in the CFL... preliminary depth charts have him as the starting RT in Cleveland... and despite the Brown's recent futility, they have actually had some pretty decent o-lines... 

24 minutes ago, bearpants said:

according to my research (wikipedia)... it was Austin Pasztor... who may still turn out to be a good pick... so far he has spent his entire career in the NFL... or he may never be seen in the CFL... preliminary depth charts have him as the starting RT in Cleveland... and despite the Brown's recent futility, they have actually had some pretty decent o-lines... 

interesting. If he hits the veteran point where he gets cfl pension i doubt he ever gets to the cfl.