Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?

Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out against Eskimos cost MOS his job?

• Yes
    • No

Lawless: Bombers have faith in Nichols, O’Shea

Gary Lawless says the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are looking to build a team under Mike O’Shea’s leadership, and that O’Shea’s job isn’t in jeopardy. Lawless also says that newly-named starting quarterback Matt Nichols has management’s support heading into Edmonton.

Listen to the explanation offered by Gary Lawless and his "sources".

He talks Drew and Nichols and such.

Interesting..

link...

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/lawless-bombers-have-faith-in-nichols-o-shea-1.532602

Edited by Mr Dee

If the losses mount & the Bombers don't make a change the fans will revolt. Any credibility the Miller-Walters may still have will be gone. I still believe that MOS is hanging on by a thread here. Remember Lawless was the guy who actually pushed for the Bombers not to fire him last November.

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah lawless is lying. Lol 

geee I wonder who has better sources, "ISO" or Gary Lawless. Lol

I didn't say I had sources. I was just giving an opinion. Lawless said MOS is safe FOR NOW. He couldn't say if he'd be okay in a month's time. Lawless says MOS is safe for the next 2-3 games but maybe not after that if the losing continues. You never even listened to the radio report. Listen next time before you just post blindly.

Edited by iso_55

56 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I didn't say I had sources. I was just giving an opinion. Lawless said MOS is safe FOR NOW. He couldn't say if he'd be okay in a month's time. Lawless says MOS is safe for the next 2-3 games but maybe not after that if the losing continues. You never even listened to the radio report. Listen next time before you just post blindly.

ha! Nice backtrack. How do you know I didn't hear Gary's comments?  Oh right. You know everything.

35 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I've had season tickets for 13 years... I have never once considered not renewing... if this season continues to tank and next year our head coach is either Mike O'Shea or Paul LaPolice... I will not be renewing...

I am not advocating for LaPolice- that ship sailed a long time ago- but could LaPolice conceivably be worse than O'Shea?

Firing a head coach mid-season in the CFL has rarely, if ever, led to a turnaround for the team.  With that said, if Walters feels - or has been told - his job is on the line if the Bombers fail to make the playoffs this season, there is a very good possibility we see a change at head coach regardless of the suspect impact mid-season coaching changes have had on a team's final record.  If he feels it will provide even a minute benefit to the team, he will pull the trigger in the next few weeks if the Bombers continue to perform poorly.

This team is way past "put up or shut up" time, it doesn't matter who they put on the field, they are getting the same results and playing the same as they have for actually the past 4 - 5 seasons (other than a short stretch at the start of this current regime). Something isn't working and it can't just be the players. I hope we win Thursday, but it just seems to be prolonging the inevitable and our pain. I know the rational is that we can't keep blowing this thing up every 3 to 4 seasons but what has "consistency and stability" done for us lately??? I'm so desperate for a winner in the short term that I'd be willing to bring Taman back here :unsure:. He may mess up the team for years to come (draft wise) but he has shown he can get players that make the team competitive quickly. I'd settle for that now. I would like to see another championship in this city before my grandchildren are ready to retire. Barring that, do a real search and hire experienced qualified people for football operations, enough with the rookie HC, GM etc, etc, trying to look smarter than all the rest while trying to make chicken salad out of you know what ...

4 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

This team is way past "put up or shut up" time, it doesn't matter who they put on the field, they are getting the same results and playing the same as they have for actually the past 4 - 5 seasons (other than a short stretch at the start of this current regime). Something isn't working and it can't just be the players. I hope we win Thursday, but it just seems to be prolonging the inevitable and our pain. I know the rational is that we can't keep blowing this thing up every 3 to 4 seasons but what has "consistency and stability" done for us lately??? I'm so desperate for a winner in the short term that I'd be willing to bring Taman back here :unsure:. He may mess up the team for years to come (draft wise) but he has shown he can get players that make the team competitive quickly. I'd settle for that now. I would like to see another championship in this city before my grandchildren are ready to retire. Barring that, do a real search and hire experienced qualified people for football operations, enough with the rookie HC, GM etc, etc, trying to look smarter than all the rest while trying to make chicken salad out of you know what ...

I'm not that desperate yet, but close. I think I would be willing to consider Tillman first (yuck).

The real problem is there really is no experienced guy out there. Higgins?  No thanks. Taman? Puhlllease. Tillman? Would they?  Huff? Not realistic.  

The only guys out there I'd consider are guys who haven't been gms but have been and are assistant gms... Sunderland in Ottawa. McAvoy in BC. That's it really. No retreads like Taman please.  Seriously if the choice was Taman or Walters... I'd stick with Walters. 

On 7/25/2016 at 11:56 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Week 9 is the bye week so that would probably be the most likely time to fire him if they do. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they waited til the end of the season.  If they keep losing, they shouldn't though  

That would be my guess, and if the bombers are 1 - 7 going into the bye - it's buh bye O'Shea and Willy may well be released right along with him. 

3 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

That would be my guess, and if the bombers are 1 - 7 going into the bye - it's buh bye O'Shea and Willy may well be released right along with him. 

This has gone way past the point of disaffected fans pissing and moaning, and if the team is not in crisis, it is darned close. O'Shea and probably  Walters have reached the point of being unable to redeem themselves. The fans have begun to vote with their feet and should the Bombers get mangled in Edmonton (a likelihood) then the next home game will feel like a wake. If Miller and/or Walters haven't figured this out yet, then they are also part of the problem.

Edited by tracker