Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?

Does a blow out against the Eskimos cost MOS his job?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out against Eskimos cost MOS his job?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

If we're 1-6, and 0-4 at home he'll be gone after the Ticats beat us.

This seems likely. Is it fair? Probably not. What about Miller? His "exhaustive search" produced the incumbent rookie assistant GM. And what about Walters? Why does he automatically get another shot with another HC? Isn't Walters responsible for O'Shea's hiring, the scouting department, and the current roster of players? But this is pro sports and fair has nothing to do with it. 

To fire or not to fire. That is not the question.

It is the when to fire, as it looks like the Mikester is falling more and more behind.

But, unless they have somebody in mind, and by that I mean a viable coaching candidate, do we really want a Hall or Lapo as our  interim HC? 

OR, a complete sweep of GM/Coach. Again, who's the viable candidate?

No, to interim, because that leads to hiring the guy (for two years) and Walters gets to stay.

Aw fudge, we're hooped again.

BOmbers never do well here, in fact saving a couple of games that I can count on one hand since '98, the bombers always get blown out here. Right now this team has zero confidence, zero resolve, zero fight. 

MOS will be paid until the end of the year, fired or not. My prediction - Banjo bowl. If after the banjo bowl the bombers only have two wins (and the banjo bowl is not the 2nd win) and they lose the banjo bowl, the season will officially be a write off and the bombers will fire O'Shea. 

I wonder though if the Bombers will do better - they seem to be too uptight in Wpg. The players are definitely uncomfortable with being booed, especially Willy. Regardless of what he says, Willy is really bothered by it. 

22 hours ago, Goalie said:

I voted NO. I don't think they are even considering firing MOS at this time, Whens our first bye week tho? That's a possibility. I don't think it's at that point yet tho, should it be? that's another question. Is it? Probably not. 

Personally, i just don't think firing MOS accomplishes anything at all. It's a PR move at best and i don't think firing MOS changes anything about the team. They are just fundamentally broken, i dunno how else to say it, but something is broken with this team from the TOP right down to the last guy on the PR... something ain't right and firing the coach mid season won't change anything. I guess at this point, i'm fine with MOS and crew getting to the end of the season to turn things around, if they don't, well, the whole crew can get packing. 

I'm thinking the same thing......when's our bye-week, that's when I expect to see some changes of both players and coaches. Something has to change, someone has to fire the guys up, and a few people need to be held accountable for what we're seeing on the field.

Bombers announced this morning that Matt Nichols will be starting in Edmonton. This kinda feels like a trap- starting Nichols in a game wherein the Bombers have low chances of winning. Thus, if Nichols does not win (probable), O'Shea can say ,"See? I told you." Still, change has to start somewhere and we can hope that Nichols plays well enough to keep the game close throughout the whole 60 minutes.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎22 at 10:18 AM, White Out said:

Same poll and idea as last time. I'll state again this poll is simply about MOS's job in the near term. This isn't supposed to be a 10 page debate on firing MOS in the off season, or, if we should fire him. This is just me gauging where the fan base is at and if people think he will be fired if get blown out against Edmonton. Not a loss like Calgary yesterday, but a real good rodgering that we often get at Commonwealth Stadium.

Please be respectful in the thread, this isn't meant to be a divisive post to cause arguments. If you can't keep your comments and replies respectful then maybe considering Pm'ing me your anger instead lol.

So is this going to be a weekly thing for you?   Why don't you save us all some time and post the next 13 now and then it will take less time for them to get buried with the rest of the crap.    

Why don't you take a week off and come up with a new schtick.  Maybe something like "How long will it take Henry Burris to miraculously recover from his hand injury" or "will Jason Maas be fired if he loses the labour day game to the Stamps".   

Edited by B-F-F-C

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Bombers announced this morning that Matt Nichols will be starting in Edmonton. This kinda feels like a trap- starting Nichols in a game wherein the Bombers have low chances of winning. Thus, if Nichols does not win (probable), O'Shea can say ,"See? I told you." Still, change has to start somewhere and we can hope that Nichols plays well enough to keep the game close throughout the whole 60 minutes.

Tracker...didn't you just post this in the "Matt Nichols to start in Edmonton" thread?   You trying to get your post count up? 

On 22/07/2016 at 11:18 AM, White Out said:

Same poll and idea as last time. I'll state again this poll is simply about MOS's job in the near term. This isn't supposed to be a 10 page debate on firing MOS in the off season, or, if we should fire him. This is just me gauging where the fan base is at and if people think he will be fired if get blown out against Edmonton. Not a loss like Calgary yesterday, but a real good rodgering that we often get at Commonwealth Stadium.

Please be respectful in the thread, this isn't meant to be a divisive post to cause arguments. If you can't keep your comments and replies respectful then maybe considering Pm'ing me your anger instead lol.

Don't you get tired of your shtick?  I know many have. You should take a break. 

Troll/clown hybrid- please stop.

il_570xN.138805575.jpg

I voted no. There's not much of a point to firing MOS mid season, all it does is force either Hall or Lapo on us as HC. Having either of those guy in that position seems like rearranging deck chairs on titanic. If the Bombers drop the next two games the the season is pretty well lost regardless of who's HC. If there are going to be job losses, I'd rather it be at the end of the season when the Bombers can actually put some thought into in and choose from a larger pool of applicants. 

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Tracker...didn't you just post this in the "Matt Nichols to start in Edmonton" thread?   You trying to get your post count up? 

I started to post this in one thread but a popup told me that another thread specifically about Nichols' start had starter, so I clicked on that popup and posted there, thinking my previous composition would be deleted, but it didn't. Mea culpa.

Edited by tracker

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Don't you get tired of your shtick?  I know many have. You should take a break. 

Troll/clown hybrid- please stop.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and that instead of engaging in a respectful debate you've decided to sling mud instead.

There's value in this poll, whether you agree or not. In just 1 week we've gone from 90% to the same question getting only 55% no. If you can't recognize the fundamental shift in how MOS is perceived, this poll has all but erased that. Fans have certainly gone into this year with doubt, but, now we're entering territory where if MOS doesn't get a win, and within the next 2 weeks, he's likely gone. 

Sorry if you think this thread is some sort of schtick. 

They will not likely fire MOS. They all believe in him, so they say. If they were willing to keep him on after last season then they will stick with him. The management is more than willing to chase all fans away in order to prove it takes more than two years to make a good team.

29 minutes ago, White Out said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, and that instead of engaging in a respectful debate you've decided to sling mud instead.

There's value in this poll, whether you agree or not. In just 1 week we've gone from 90% to the same question getting only 55% no. If you can't recognize the fundamental shift in how MOS is perceived, this poll has all but erased that. Fans have certainly gone into this year with doubt, but, now we're entering territory where if MOS doesn't get a win, and within the next 2 weeks, he's likely gone. 

Sorry if you think this thread is some sort of schtick. 

Well no ****, the likelihood of O'Shea getting fired obviously rises with each loss.  Don't need a poll to figure that one out.  Or maybe you did.

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Well no ****, the likelihood of O'Shea getting fired obviously rises with each loss.  Don't need a poll to figure that one out.  Or maybe you did.

Why so angry? 

If your not interested in the poll, don't participate. What a poisonous atmosphere some people want to incubate around hete

Really don't think they are even close to firing MOS at this time. I don't know, call it a gut feeling, calling it all media people who are credible saying it's not gonna happen anytime soon, but... i just don't think it happens anytime soon. I think MOS is here until the end of the season... at that time, i think unless this team makes the playoffs, he's probably a goner at the end of the season. Is this gonna pop up every week? What happens if we win next week? are we gonna have a should MOS gets a new contract poll? 

4 hours ago, tracker said:

I started to post this in one thread but a popup told me that another thread specifically about Nichols' start had starter, so I clicked on that popup and posted there, thinking my previous composition would be deleted, but it didn't. Mea culpa.

Just giving you a hard time :)

53 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Really don't think they are even close to firing MOS at this time. I don't know, call it a gut feeling, calling it all media people who are credible saying it's not gonna happen anytime soon, but... i just don't think it happens anytime soon. I think MOS is here until the end of the season... at that time, i think unless this team makes the playoffs, he's probably a goner at the end of the season. Is this gonna pop up every week? What happens if we win next week? are we gonna have a should MOS gets a new contract poll? 

I have 2 areas I'm going to disagree with you on here. First, you think MOS will be here until end of season. That's entirely dependent on the Bombers and MOS. If this losing continues the decision will be made for the BOD and Walters. You can't tell me that if they go winless straight thru the Banjo Bowl they won't fire him. And how unrealistic is that, really? Even 1 win from now until Banjo Bowl.

Also, it won't pop up every week. If he wins, he buys himself probably a 3-4 losses for every win. If we lose to Edmonton I promise not to start a thread... by then the voices for his firing will be louder and there's no point in asking peoples opinions. If he does win why would anyone think of a contract? How ridiculous is that? I feel like that last line was thrown in to try and make my poll seem ludicrous, as if the firing was an out of line question based on one week. This is 2 years of losing becoming a third year of losing... cmon.

More than one person's job is in jeopardy at this point.

I don't think Walters is the right person to choose the next head coach, if O'Shea loses the job.

I know football is different, but can you imagine a person in any other job, being wrong, (which is what losing a game is in professional sports, ) as many times as our current head coach is, and keeping his job?

ok... maybe President of the United States. They seem to get unlimited mulligans

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

I don't want Walters doing it either but he probably will.

If it was solely Walters' decision to hire O'Shea, he ought not to be trusted to hire the next head coach (if he gets a chance to redeem himself), and Miller needs to step in. Somehow, I doubt that Walters had that authority and he must be kicking himself about not taking the Guelph job.