GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

14 minutes ago, White Out said:

Yes and I talked about todays game, why I think we may make a game of it, but also said something that apparently gets some peoples underwear in a pinch. Simply that  todays game would be quite a turning point in silencing, or, provoking this football teams critics. Perfectly onside point to make.

Mike is just looking for a fight like always. Very rarely does he ever like something so don't feel bad. Join the ever growing club.

39 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I saw and heard this piece that was put together and after viewing, I completely dismissed this Pratt character. This is line from  that piece.

"When you take a look at those turnovers, those gifts that were just handed to them.." Dave Pratt

Complete and utter garbage. 

5 of the 6 turnovers were created by the Bomber defence. Let me repeat that - 5 out of the 6 turnovers were created by the Bomber defence. They were not gifts, nor were they just handed to us. That Pratt guy has his own agenda. Don't know why, but if you cannot see the pressure that the Bombers put on Masoli, or the strips of the football by Randle..then Wild, not the interceptions by the D...then you  ain't watching or you just don't know football.

I think I know which one it is with that prat-fail.

27 minutes ago, White Out said:

Yes and I talked about todays game, why I think we may make a game of it, but also said something that apparently gets some peoples underwear in a pinch. Simply that  todays game would be quite a turning point in silencing, or, provoking this football teams critics. Perfectly onside point to make.

I don't think anything short of a lengthy win streak is going to silence our critics. Even two games in a row won't do it, nor should it. Those who have made up their mind to be negative are going to do so until we win something of substance and for the most part, blinders to any progress along the way will be in full effect.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

I saw and heard this piece that was put together and after viewing, I completely dismissed this Pratt character. This is line from  that piece.

"When you take a look at those turnovers, those gifts that were just handed to them.." Dave Pratt

Complete and utter garbage. 

5 of the 6 turnovers were created by the Bomber defence. Let me repeat that - 5 out of the 6 turnovers were created by the Bomber defence. They were not gifts, nor were they just handed to us. That Pratt guy has his own agenda. Don't know why, but if you cannot see the pressure that the Bombers put on Masoli, or the strips of the football by Randle..then Wild, not the interceptions by the D...then you  ain't watching or you just don't know football.

I think I know which one it is with that prat-fail.

Speaking of a gift, how about the Drew Willy fumble where he butterfingered it right to Hamilton?

I bet that's different though.

Oh please the critics will be out in full force unless the Bombers actually go out and curb stomp the esks. Eek out a 20-18 win the offense still sucks and they were lucky that X happened. Win a 40-38 shootout and people will ***** about the defense. This team literally can not win with critics unless they dominate every phase of the game which is just unreasonable expectations.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think anything short of a lengthy win streak is going to silence our critics. Even two games in a row won't do it, nor should it. Those who have made up their mind to be negative are going to do so until we win something of substance and for the most part, blinders to any progress along the way will be in full effect.

I think you have to be almost purposefully wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing to think that a win tonight won drastically change peoples mindset of the team going forward. Think of all the losing this team  has endured, the ass kicking in week 2, and then to win 2 games in a row vs perhaps the best teams in the CFL in a lot of peoples minds?

Cmon.

Edited by White Out

Just now, White Out said:

I think you have to be almost purposefully wanting to disagree for the sake of disagreeing to think that a win tonight won drastically change peoples mindset of the team going forward. Think of all the losing this team  has endured, the ass kicking in week 2, and then to win 2 games in a row vs perhaps the best teams in the CFL in a lot of peoples minds?

Cmon.

Maybe it'll change your mind. And my mind. But in my honest opinion, it's not going to change the general perception.

Look at the way the majority of people responded to the Hamilton win.

And FWIW, I think Hamilton and Edmonton (especially Edmonton) are far from the best teams in the CFL right now.

Need to step back and understand the work in progress.   Despite being this early in the season - we really need to win this game badly.   A win tonight would give us:

Actual winning streak

Actual home win

Put us right in the picture at 2-2

Provide momentum for the team and some hope for the long suffering fans.....

How would they do it?  How did they get it done?   Who the hell cares?   This team simply needs to learn how to win....anywhichway

A loss would be just another ole step backwards....and sink the the team, and fan base back into the mire.   We are all pretty tired of square one, at this stage.....

Just now, Mike said:

Maybe it'll change your mind. And my mind. But in my honest opinion, it's not going to change the general perception.

Look at the way the majority of people responded to the Hamilton win.

And FWIW, I think Hamilton and Edmonton (especially Edmonton) are far from the best teams in the CFL right now.

This is becoming an absurd argument. We're almost reversing our roles here, where, I appear to be more excited about a 2 game win streak than those who were thumping the Bombers chest after a win last week. I suppose the reasoning behind it is, to insulate themselves and the team in case we get our asses kicked tonight?

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh please the critics will be out in full force unless the Bombers actually go out and curb stomp the esks. Eek out a 20-18 win the offense still sucks and they were lucky that X happened. Win a 40-38 shootout and people will ***** about the defense. This team literally can not win with critics unless they dominate every phase of the game which is just unreasonable expectations.

I hope you realize how incredibly fallacious your post is. You've constructed an impressive strawman; first you're assuming we win, then you are engaging in a debate against mystery posters making arguments no one has literally made.

Bravo. A new intellectual low.

1 minute ago, White Out said:

This is becoming an absurd argument. We're almost reversing our roles here, where, I appear to be more excited about a 2 game win streak than those who were thumping the Bombers chest after a win last week. I suppose the reasoning behind it is, to insulate themselves and the team in case we get our asses kicked tonight?

I'm very excited about the prospect of a 2 game win streak. I just don't think it's going to change the minds of many. Maybe when you see the attendance numbers tonight, you'll understand why.

Just now, Mike said:

I'm very excited about the prospect of a 2 game win streak. I just don't think it's going to change the minds of many. Maybe when you see the attendance numbers tonight, you'll understand why.

I'm telling you that it would drastically change my outlook. And I'm probably the most jaded Bomber fan you'll find, who really can't stand MOS. All you have to do is take me for my word.

I'm willing to give this regime another chance although I resigned myself that MOS was coming back last November. I've accepted it but I'll see how the season pans out from here. I just wish sometimes that we'd get along better when we have little disagreements that turn into full blown arguments with finger pointing.

10 minutes ago, White Out said:

I'm telling you that it would drastically change my outlook. And I'm probably the most jaded Bomber fan you'll find, who really can't stand MOS. All you have to do is take me for my word.

If you are posting on this site then you are not the kind of fan Mike is referring to.  The casual fan isn't going to suddenly come back after one win.  The brand is damaged.  They need a winning season, not one win.

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Yes, Edmonton has beat us in each of our last 6 games  with a combined score of 183 - 72, with an average margin of victory of 18.5 points.

Related facts:

Oct 3 2015 IGF Wpg.

Edmonton 24 Winnipeg 23          

Winnipeg Kicking 

Player                         FGM    FGA      PCT         LG
Lirim Hajrullahu          1         5         20%.      45 

Lirim Hajrullahu -  # 70 Toronto Argonauts.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Related facts:

Oct 3 2015 IGF Wpg.

Edmonton 24 Winnipeg 23          

Winnipeg Kicking 

Player                         FGM    FGA      PCT         LG
Lirim Hajrullahu          1         5         20%.      45 

Lirim Hajrullahu -  # 70 Toronto Argonauts.

yeah that game was one of those heart-rippers.

40 minutes ago, White Out said:

I hope you realize how incredibly fallacious your post is. You've constructed an impressive strawman; first you're assuming we win, then you are engaging in a debate against mystery posters making arguments no one has literally made.

Bravo. A new intellectual low.

I have been around Blue Bomber messages board long enough to know exactly how it'll go. It's speculation sure, but guarantee there will still be people unhappy with a win if it's not the right kind of win because there are enough negative nancies around these parts that nothing is ever good enough. Saw it last week too. Willy playing well but misses on throw and people are all over him for it. This fan base is in a real negative space right now and it will take more than a 2 game win streak to change that.  God help the team if they lose because then all the vultures will be out no matter what kind of loss it is. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I have been around Blue Bomber messages board long enough to know exactly how it'll go. It's speculation sure, but guarantee there will still be people unhappy with a win if it's not the right kind of win because there are enough negative nancies around these parts that nothing is ever good enough. Saw it last week too. Willy playing well but misses on throw and people are all over him for it. This fan base is in a real negative space right now and it will take more than a 2 game win streak to change that.  God help the team if they lose because then all the vultures will be out no matter what kind of loss it is. 

Sounds like you dont even need a message board then. You can just yell at a wall and get the same thing out of it, it seems. Since you clearly know not only what everyone else is thinking, but, how people will react.

What a gift. Or a curse?

12 minutes ago, White Out said:

Sounds like you dont even need a message board then. You can just yell at a wall and get the same thing out of it, it seems. Since you clearly know not only what everyone else is thinking, but, how people will react.

What a gift. Or a curse?

Sometimes the wall has a better grasp on reality than people around here.