GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

Well IF we don't pull it off tonight, I hope we can at least put in a super effort...I believe this game is winnable and IF we can put Reilly off his game ...who knows....What a great confidence builder if we can walk away with the 2 pts. and will bode very well for the rest of this tough, initial part of the season...Go get em BIGBLUE.

8 minutes ago, White Out said:

No, that's wrong. O'Shea is feeling the heat from the previous seasons. Pretending they don't exist and all that matters this year is utter denial. 

I couldn't care less about the behind-the-scenes "will they, won't they" O'Shea nonsense.

What I care about is our record this season. It's the fourth game of the year, our fourth chance at a win, our first chance to win at home and a chance to get to .500 and hopefully in a playoff spot in our division.

That's what I care about. I want to see us win.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I couldn't care less about the behind-the-scenes "will they, won't they" O'Shea nonsense.

What I care about is our record this season. It's the fourth game of the year, our fourth chance at a win, our first chance to win at home and a chance to get to .500 and hopefully in a playoff spot in our division.

That's what I care about. I want to see us win.

Great. So do I. But that's totally irrelevant to the discussion of MOSs future 

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

Great. So do I. But that's totally irrelevant to the discussion of MOSs future 

It's not my fault you took this thread off topic by thinking a discussion of Mike O'Shea's future was relevant. It's a game day thread.

To discuss the game. Today's game.

2 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

Should be a good game - Edmonton's defense is definitely a shambles right now as they try to learn Benevides' system (not to mention three key players out - Ojo (injured ruptured Achilles), Grimes (best cover guy in the CFL - gone to NFL), and linebacker Dexter McCoi)l. You can't replace guys like that and the Eskimos haven't. 

Willy does need a big game here - this might be the 'softest' defense he plays this year. He'll need it too because despite their defensive woes, though off to slow starts the Edmonton offense once they get going are not going be to stopped very easily. If bombers are to win - they will need to do something they haven't done in long time - score more than 30 points. This is the D they can do it against.

Willie Jefferson too - they're missing a lot of pieces on defense. That secondary is a disaster. Worse than ours is right now.

the way the team was overhauled in the offseason the past really doesn't mean much at this point in time. It just flat out doesn't. A decision on the management and coaching of this team can and should come at the end of the season in it's entirety not after week 3. But then again you found them all guilty before the season even began didn't you?

18 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Damn Straight.. its a purple Tie.. So.. I got that going for me which is nice. 

I have to catch a bus from downtown to the stadium.. Any thoughts on the best route? I'm in the chinatown. 

Haven't road a bus in Wpg. for a couple of decades but anything to get you to Crazy Corner and onto a Pembina.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

yeah cause people aren't already saying that. This team is in a no win situation with a lot of fans until their record is consistently above .500. People are so quick to be negative because they're seen so many losses that no matter what happens people aren't willing to enjoy the positive things because they are used to it being short lived. 

A loss tonight doesn't diminish the win last week at all. Going against one of the best offenses in the league currently with as banged up a secondary as the Bombers have is a tall order regardless of what happened in the first 3 weeks. 

It's a valid comment (re Collaros). Why would you expect positivity from fans that have watched the Bombers go 13-25 since the start of the 2014 season? Are you miffed that fans would feel that way? You can't criticize Bomber fans for being that way yet spinning it that really that this team is good personnel & coaching wise.  It has yet to prove any of that when facing the top qbs in the CFL. Jeremiah Masoli is crap. We beat a team without Collaros who was on his way to being the CFL's MOP before he got hurt. Hamilton is just holding on by a thread until their leader gets back.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Who are these people who think the Tabbies just stopped, bowed and handed over the football with a wink? The Bombers TOOK the ball away. Even a tip is an effort play. That game was so encouraging for defense and almost encouraging for offense.  I agree with mr no vowels, there is a lot of room for improvement but a lot of improvement was shown too. 

Here's one ******* that believes that.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/suits-and-pratt-oshea-s-on-thin-ice~910333

4 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

It's a valid comment (re Collaros). Why would you expect positivity from fans that have watched the Bombers go 13-25 since the start of the 2014 season? Are you miffed that fans would feel that way? You can't criticize Bomber fans for being that way yet spinning it that really that this team is good personnel & coaching wise.  It has yet to prove any of that when facing the top qbs in the CFL. Jeremiah Masoli is crap. We beat a team without Collaros who was on his way to being the CFL's MOP before he got hurt. Hamilton is just holding on by a thread until their leader gets back.

Can't play the "but without so and so" game.

Everyone is talking about how bad our secondary is and how bad our pass coverage is but nobody is saying "but hey, they ARE missing one of the league's best corners"

No excuses.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can't play the "but without so and so" game.

Everyone is talking about how bad our secondary is and how bad our pass coverage is but nobody is saying "but hey, they ARE missing one of the league's best corners"

No excuses.

It is what it is. The media & fans do play that game. How can you say they don't? As far as last week Masoili crapped the bed how many times? The mistakes Masoli made well sorry, but the chances are Collaros wouldn't have made those same mistakes. I'm pleased the Bombers won but we are a work in progress. I want to see us win decisively, especially on the road. Then & only then will I know this team is beginning to play like a winner.

Edited by iso_55

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If Collaros was playing, the kickoff would have bounced out of bounds.

If Collaros was playing, Underwood wouldn't have dropped a sure TD.

If Collaros was playing, Tasker wouldn't have fumbled the ball.

Quite frankly, if Collaros was playing, the Ticats would have won the Grey Cup already.

Funny you don't even mention the mistakes Masoli made AT THE QB POSITION. Clap. Clap.  Clap. You revisionist you. ;)

Edited by iso_55

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's not my fault you took this thread off topic by thinking a discussion of Mike O'Shea's future was relevant. It's a game day thread.

To discuss the game. Today's game.

Yes and I talked about todays game, why I think we may make a game of it, but also said something that apparently gets some peoples underwear in a pinch. Simply that  todays game would be quite a turning point in silencing, or, provoking this football teams critics. Perfectly onside point to make.