GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg

Rich

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Willy isn't calling the plays is he? WTF is Lapo calling with 129 on the clock. Pathetic 2 minute drill

He's not telling him to throw 5 yards. There are deep routes.  They were either covered or willy didn't pull the trigger 

Definitely Willy can't make the long throws...His short game seems to fall apart at times as well...He's a qb. that looks like he has lost whatever he had and it's time for a change...Cripes we might as well trade for Burris and get someone in here who can deliver...cuz when the chips are down it seems Willy can't.

Edited by Stickem

Just now, 17to85 said:

cause too often in the last few years when he's stepped up he's been pasted cause our OL can't maintain blocks. 

Outside of Chungh (sp), who was bad, the oline gave Willy time enough to do something tonight. Macho was brutal. Leggett was good

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

cause too often in the last few years when he's stepped up he's been pasted cause our OL can't maintain blocks. 

Ok, then what do you make of Wylie's comment in training camp that the o-line last year was responsible for less than half of the sacks given up? Is he lying? How many of those sacks were on happy feet, cant go through my reads, hold onto the ball forever Willy? And how many times does Reilly get creamed? Trevor Harris? Durant? Etc? Every QB gets cranked and the good ones shrug it off. Its a bull**** excuse. If you cant take it go sell insurance.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ok, then what do you make of Wylie's comment in training camp that the o-line last year was responsible for less than half of the sacks given up? Is he lying? How many of those sacks were on happy feet, cant go through my reads, hold onto the ball forever Willy? And how many times does Reilly get creamed? Trevor Harris? Durant? Etc? Every QB gets cranked and the good ones shrug it off. Its a bull**** excuse. If you cant take it go sell insurance.

well sometimes it could be like the pass late that willy threw to adams who wasn't looking. If the receivers have their heads up their asses the qb doesn't always throw it and can get sacked. There's lots of reasons for sacks. Honestly I give the OL a lot of **** because we get stuffed on run plays too often and it puts it all on Willys shoulders and it makes it easy on the opposing D to tee off on him. They need to be better in every facet but to try and pin this all on Willy, come off it. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

well sometimes it could be like the pass late that willy threw to adams who wasn't looking. If the receivers have their heads up their asses the qb doesn't always throw it and can get sacked. There's lots of reasons for sacks. Honestly I give the OL a lot of **** because we get stuffed on run plays too often and it puts it all on Willys shoulders and it makes it easy on the opposing D to tee off on him. They need to be better in every facet but to try and pin this all on Willy, come off it. 

I would agree last year the o-line didnt do Willy any favors but this year theyve been much better. Even Sherritt was quoted today saying this is the best o-line the bombers have had since he's been in the league. Willy is out of excuses.

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I would agree last year the o-line didnt do Willy any favors but this year theyve been much better. Even Sherritt was quoted today saying this is the best o-line the bombers have had since he's been in the league. Willy is out of excuses.

better than runny **** is still ****. 

Willy was bad. 

He is locking onto receivers, failing to anticipate blitzes and missed open throws with a clean pocket. Those are some really bad tendencies for him right now. I've supported Willy (and will continue to, as he should get more starts) and blamed the majority of it on the OL. Today I thought a lot of it was on Willy. He had a clean pocket on his first interception. He had a clean pocket when he put a few of his tosses today in the turf. Those are throws that must be completions. 

I don't think there is a need to choose between the OL being the problem or Willy being the problem though. I think the OL is bad, but I think Willy exacerbates the issue. I would have pulled him today.