Lemon Trade

Floyd

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought Mitchell Gale looked good early last year when he was competing with Harris for the backup job in T.O. but since that time he has been cut and ended up this season on the Argo's PR.  I think he has potential but he won't offer a quick solution in Sask.

The Riders have squat behind Durant, so they are clutching at straws.

Gale was a free agent up til the end of training camp when he signed with the Argos, Sewell is a guy who had huge potential but hasn't seemed to come close to reaching it yet.  Seems like a big price for Lemon but the Argos just got better.

Riders had a rookie American beat out a big money free agent for a job.  Imagine that.  Walters and O'Shea would never have the balls to make that decision.

Pete Caroll (sp) is a another coach that isn't afraid to let the best player play.

Maybe Chris Jones is the same, in that way. He's clearly not afraid to do things his own way. (I know, he's arrogant and some people here don't like him.)

Not sure why people want to select coaches based on if they like them or not personally. I don't know if Kent Austin is someone I'd hang out with, but I'd be happy to have him as coach. Jones' record consists of a lot of wins.

Edited by Mark F

On 2016-07-02 at 5:52 PM, Floyd said:

Matt Sewell and Mitchell Gale for Lemon... are you kidding me?

Not sure if Barker has a soft spot for Jones or what... but if not, how did Walters not jump on this - would have traded Westerman for those guys...

This is one of those posts you wish you could delete before anybody else saw it...

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

This is one of those posts you wish you could delete before anybody else saw it...

Not at all... it brings joy to all the positrons...  you guys have been so quiet.

I'd still make that trade for a healthy Matt Sewell and Gale...  a 'backup' to Bourke and his footwork is fine, better than Neufeld's that's for sure... and he's a better guard than Hardrick.

Sounds like he's got business interests in Ontario...  surprised Murphy didn't realize that if it is true that Sewell ditched Tennessee for Toronto.

Just now, Floyd said:

I'd still make that trade for a healthy Matt Sewell and Gale...  a 'backup' to Bourke and his footwork is fine, better than Neufeld's that's for sure... and he's a better guard than Hardrick.

And we'd all still laugh at you for it.

I have no doubt you've put in a lot of film work studying Sewell's footwork, so I'll take your word for it.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not at all... it brings joy to all the positrons...  you guys have been so quiet.

Sounds like he's got business interests in Ontario...  surprised Murphy didn't realize that if it is true that Sewell ditched Tennessee for Toronto.

So you'd still trade Westerman for a 4th or 5th string QB and a guy who just retired? 

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah Sewell was such a good backup tackle that the team starting two Canadian tackles traded him away.

See look how happy all you guys are!

I guess you all know more than all the scouts and Barker...  find me a source besides Mike that criticizes Sewell's footwork :rolleyes:

Obviously there's something else going on with Sewell... minds probably not on the game anymore.

But would I trade 31 year old Westerman for a healthy 26 year old NI OL who had interest from the NFL and has experience at all positions on the line... with a QB thrown in... yup.

This reminds me of when I suggested we sign Trevor Harris this winter and the usual crew lit me up... it fun!