Lemon Trade

Floyd

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He told every team at the 2013 draft that he would only play in Hamilton or Toronto that's what up. He does not want to leave southern Ontario, Riders should of known this.

But they're the Riders...!

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Atomic said:

Gale was a free agent up til the end of training camp when he signed with the Argos, Sewell is a guy who had huge potential but hasn't seemed to come close to reaching it yet.  Seems like a big price for Lemon but the Argos just got better.

Riders had a rookie American beat out a big money free agent for a job.  Imagine that.  Walters and O'Shea would never have the balls to make that decision.

Kory Banks begs to differ. Pretty much an identical situation.

22 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not sure what to think of this mess. Find it odd we play hardball with St John and then cave in to Lemon. I would have let him sit and rot. One thing is for sure, Barker is looking slippery these days for a fat guy.

Barker might be slippery but Jones is just looking stupid 

On 05/07/2016 at 10:21 PM, Ripper said:

Not sure what to think of this mess. Find it odd we play hardball with St John and then cave in to Lemon. I would have let him sit and rot. One thing is for sure, Barker is looking slippery these days for a fat guy.

I don't think it was necessarily caving to Lemon. If Lemon was in Jones' doghouse (think I read that a RiderFans) then he's not going to keep Lemon around if he can get a decent return on him.