Which week does O'Shea get canned?

Brandon

I still believe MOS is a good coach and could become s great coach in the coming years.

im sure we won't be able to see it happen here. Very seldom do you see an extension  given to a coach with his record. 

Too bad though. 

Edited by B-F-F-C

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

I still believe MOS is a good coach and could become s great coach in the coming years.

im sure we won't be able to see it happen here. Very seldom do you see an extent oven to a coach with his record. 

Too bad though. 

Well, the oven might start him on a successful career as a baker.

Give MOS a QB and he will be a great coach. You want to see this team really fall apart? Fire MOS and replace him with LAPO.

Firing MOS does nothing, it doesn't make Drew Willy a better QB. and it certainly doesn't make the team any better. I would guess it would make the team a whole lot worse actually... Yup, how much worse could it get people will say? Fire MOS and you will see how much worse it can get. 

We have won 1 freaking game this year. We haven't won back to back games for almost 2 years. It's been years since we've even scored more than 30 points. O'Shea's record is 13-27. How much worse do you think it's going to get under a different HC?

Edited by TBURGESS
Sperring error

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

Do you think Jason Maas is a better head coach than mike Oshea? 

I don't think he is but he has mike Reilly.  That in itself makes him appear to be s better coach. 

Yes, I think Maas is a better head coach. He nearly won a GC as an OC. MOS never even was a coordinator.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

If we are going to fire people let's do it at the end of the season for a change. Hasn't worked out firing people midseason at all recently, why not change it up. 

It's not the firing of the HC mid-season that hasn't worked out. It's the promoting a rookie HC then giving him the HC role for the next season that's been the problem. Put someone in charge for the rest of the season and make the real decisions in the off season when the best candidates are available.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

It's not the firing of the HC mid-season that hasn't worked out. It's the promoting a rookie HC then giving him the HC role for the next season that's been the problem. Put someone in charge for the rest of the season and make the real decisions in the off season when the best candidates are available.

but then they see the dead cat bounce and say "Oh, they got more out of the team, let's give them a chance" You are crazy if you think it would be any different this time around. If they fire MOS it'll be either Hall or Lapo getting a chance to coach this team next year and they've both been fired in their head coaching chances already. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If we are going to fire people let's do it at the end of the season for a change. Hasn't worked out firing people midseason at all recently, why not change it up. 

I think MOS will have until the second half of the season to turn this ship around. I agree with you that firing him now would make no sense & would be the wrong thing to do. However, if the losing continues into September then the real countdown is on regarding his firing.

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

Do you think Jason Maas is a better head coach than mike Oshea? 

I don't think he is but he has mike Reilly.  That in itself makes him appear to be s better coach. 

MOS brings sfa to the role.

I look at this team and I think how the heck can this be the team that MOS wanted to build in his image? It's small and soft, everything he wasn't as a player. Just blows my mind.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but then they see the dead cat bounce and say "Oh, they got more out of the team, let's give them a chance" You are crazy if you think it would be any different this time around. If they fire MOS it'll be either Hall or Lapo getting a chance to coach this team next year and they've both been fired in their head coaching chances already. 

If that's even brought up in management meetings, then they guy who says it, cough Walters cough, should be let go too.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

If that's even brought up in management meetings, then they guy who says it, cough Walters cough, should be let go too.

I think you are getting very warm. Who is actually in charge of building the team and bringing in the type of players we have on the roster. I get the feeling that this is a build by committee situation instead of one man in charge. Every great organization has that one top dog be it Wally or Huff who knows the type of player that is needed to stay on top.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Unfortunately history has shown that this organization will stick with a mid-season coaching replacement the following year under the guise of supposed improvement displayed when the new/temporary coach takes charge - see Tim Burke and Jim Daley.  If O'Shea is fired after a 1-5 or 1-6 start and Lapo is hired as a mid-season replacement as many here suspect, it may set up a similar situation as in the past - especially with an easier part of the schedule upcoming at that point - in which a perceived improvement of the team under the new regime will be viewed as justification for continued employment the following season.

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Damn you got it before I could fix it. 

Oh, I thought you were referring to the "extent" at which MOS would be roasted in the "Oven" he was to be given. Kinda like a Columbian necktie only different. No? :-)

2 hours ago, tracker said:

The current Stanley Cup champions gassed their coach mid season and that seems to have worked out well for the Penguins.

Well if we had the best player in the league under performing then maybe there'd be something to that, but we don't have comparable to what the Penguins have on their roster. I know people love to say this is a great roster, but it isn't. Is there any area that we are really above other teams? Linebackers are probably the best spot on the team right now and plenty of teams have great linebackers. qb, receiver, OL, DL, Secondary all lacking in comparison to most teams. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Walters has turned into the proverbial Silent Joe while O'Shea and Willy fail miserably.

Wade Miller is obviously musing about both men's futures - but you can be sure he won't be sending any smoke signals to media until he actually pulls the trigger.

Nobody gets fired. As soon as people start getting fired you put a target in yourself for being the guy that hired the wrong guy in the first place. So ultimately you place yourself in the cross hairs. Here is a situation where **** actually flows up hill back at you.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well if we had the best player in the league under performing then maybe there'd be something to that, but we don't have comparable to what the Penguins have on their roster. I know people love to say this is a great roster, but it isn't. Is there any area that we are really above other teams? Linebackers are probably the best spot on the team right now and plenty of teams have great linebackers. qb, receiver, OL, DL, Secondary all lacking in comparison to most teams. 

So, you're saying that the team is not under-performing?????