Which week does O'Shea get canned?

Brandon

51 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

How do u figure?   We are horrible on defence and can stop a pass rush worse ****.   

Coaching?  Nope.   It's all players.   

Bring in in muamba and over pay for an international onlineman.

How do i figure? We have maybe the best OT in the cfl, 2 former 1k wrs with young guys shining brighter. We have one of the best rbs in the league. One of the best young Olmen in chung too. We have lots of guys who have been highly productive cflers. Neufield, for instance and hardick has been better. When willy isnt pressured like mad he tosses the ball around well. Weve had terrible qbs before guys who couldnt beat the prevent. Plenty of em. We have 2 proven high quality vets at each dt spot and one of the best rush ends. We have proven Lbers and proven dbs. The team is playing drastically under the sum of its pieces. 

What int ol do you think we are gonna get?

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stanley Bryant has been pretty bad and I don't think he's one of the best tackles in the league anymore. He's not worth what he's being paid 

Another Walters failure.

Walters and Owsh both need to walk the plank. Walters has done a terrible job, and MOS is clearly not a HC.

Willy needs to be cut too, paying him his salary to go out there and stink is insane. What really drives me up the wall is we could have had Harris and our QB this off season but Walters hitched his stupid wagon to Willy. After this mess continues that should be final straw for that bozo

I'd probably take you more serious if you didn't use words like bozo or things of that nature. You come across as being a very angry bitter person.  I mean... is it really Necessary to use some of those words you use in every post? Seriously. Why you so angry bro. If you this pissed off over a football game or team... perhaps it's better for you to just not watch. Just saying. Seem way to angry and take things a little bit to personal I think.  RAGE much?;

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd probably take you more serious if you didn't use words like bozo or things of that nature. You come across as being a very angry bitter person.  I mean... is it really Necessary to use some of those words you use in every post? Seriously. Why you so angry bro. If you this pissed off over a football game or team... perhaps it's better for you to just not watch. Just saying. Seem way to angry and take things a little bit to personal I think.  RAGE much?;

Bozo is slang for an incompetent person. If that's too saucy for your virgin eyes perhaps you need to take your own advice and push away from the keyboard. 

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stanley Bryant has been pretty bad and I don't think he's one of the best tackles in the league anymore. He's not worth what he's being paid 

Not personally he hasnt. Hes been a part of a bad production over all at OL. But when weve had holes to run through its usually him pancaking some one and hitting the 2nd level. He hasnt been getting beat badily 1v1. Weve seen over load blitzes from his side but he cant be expected to block 2 guys.

18 minutes ago, White Out said:

Walters and Owsh both need to walk the plank. Walters has done a terrible job, and MOS is clearly not a HC.

Willy needs to be cut too, paying him his salary to go out there and stink is insane. What really drives me up the wall is we could have had Harris and our QB this off season but Walters hitched his stupid wagon to Willy. After this mess continues that should be final straw for that bozo

need to get over that. Harris wasnt coming here. No one in the league would have cut willy and gone for harris, and harris was gone in no time after the FA period opened. Willy in 14/15 with terrible offenses around him was good. He has and continues to show flashes. You must not remember what its like to have a legit bad qb whom you could replace with any one and get the same level of play.

Walters has done a terrible job? Are you forgetting the mess and lack of NI's that mack left? Have you looked at how many draft picks this year are on the team? More value there then every player mack + taman every picked. 

The team is flat, plays with no heart and is significantly less then the sum of its pieces. It doesnt play with discipline despite being flat. The D was done on the 1st drive of the 2nd have. At this rate the team will need a shake up on the roster and in coaching. But if you think we are gonna plug in some one we have or can get mid season and fix things or out perform willy your going to be sadly mistaken. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Not personally he hasnt. Hes been a part of a bad production over all at OL. But when weve had holes to run through its usually him pancaking some one and hitting the 2nd level. He hasnt been getting beat badily 1v1. Weve seen over load blitzes from his side but he cant be expected to block 2 guys.

need to get over that. Harris wasnt coming here. No one in the league would have cut willy and gone for harris, and harris was gone in no time after the FA period opened. Willy in 14/15 with terrible offenses around him was good. He has and continues to show flashes. You must not remember what its like to have a legit bad qb whom you could replace with any one and get the same level of play.

Walters has done a terrible job? Are you forgetting the mess and lack of NI's that mack left? Have you looked at how many draft picks this year are on the team? More value there then every player mack + taman every picked. 

The team is flat, plays with no heart and is significantly less then the sum of its pieces. It doesnt play with discipline despite being flat. The D was done on the 1st drive of the 2nd have. At this rate the team will need a shake up on the roster and in coaching. But if you think we are gonna plug in some one we have or can get mid season and fix things or out perform willy your going to be sadly mistaken. 

I would give this post more credence if this was the NFL. It's a 9 team league with huge roster turn over year to year; you don't need a 5 year plan. If Ottawa can become a very skilled team in 2 years starting from zero, then Walters has run out of excuses.

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

I would give this post more credence if this was the NFL. It's a 9 team league with huge roster turn over year to year; you don't need a 5 year plan. If Ottawa can become a very skilled team in 2 years starting from zero, then Walters has run out of excuses.

who said any thing about 5 year plan? Ottawa caught lightning in a bottle. One in 1000 situation. You dont build NI depth over night. Talent on the field isnt what has us looking like the worst team in the league. Talent is there to be a lot better. No team plays as flat and emotionless as this and wins. 

Id give your posts more credence but all you see is negative, and want to see every thing torn down. Thinking we will find allstars hiding on the bench and coming in with air lifts. Dave ritchie didnt turn the team around in one year. 

With Collaros injury, they wont part with him or masoli. But then masoli has had 1 good game. Collaros best year wasnt as good as willys. And that with more around him. Mtl wont move glenn or cato they have less trust then any team in their qbing.  Drew tate only broke 1k passing once. 5 years ago. And that took 13 games. That leaves bc with jennings and lulay. They wont move jennings duh. hes their starter. He hasnt been steady this year either even in only 2 games and pre season. So that leaves lulay. Who you'd pay like willy and pray he can recapture the lightning of 4 years ago. With great pieces around him. AND hope he could stay healthy. Better chance buck pierce starts and stays healthy. 

So you dont go for any of that and you put in nichols. Last year he averaged 195 yards and 1 td per game.(career 91/.8td) Which out side of the 4th is about what we've gotten out of willy. So instead of drawing close at the end, we'd just be in blow outs. He doesnt have any of the skills that would cover up our current flaws on offense. He doesnt have a fast release. he isnt a more accurate passer, he cant improvise and make the offense work on the run. Not only that hes far more turn over prone then willy. In a lot less game action having not been the legit no1 qb of a team (at best the injury place holder) hes thrown the same number of pics as willy.

Change for the sake of change doesnt solve problems and it doesnt win games. Consistency does. We replaced half the roster over the off season. Winning takes time. 

No one said cut Willy and sign Harris...  I wanted Harris signed as insurance, just like Ottawa did - its paying off for them now...

If Walters does not re-up Drew Willy early, then there is room to sign Harris... you have a legit 1A and 1B and bargaining power.  Huge mistake.

Nichols might have 2-3 good games before teams get enough film to jump routes regularly.

...And we replace over half the roster every season... maybe that's part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No one said cut Willy and sign Harris...  I wanted Harris signed as insurance, just like Ottawa did - its paying off for them now...

If Walters does not re-up Drew Willy early, then there is room to sign Harris... you have a legit 1A and 1B and bargaining power.  Huge mistake.

Nichols might have 2-3 good games before teams get enough film to jump routes regularly.

...And we replace over half the roster every season... maybe that's part of the problem.

For the pay harris got you would have had to cut willy. Ott only fit him and hank because they started fresh with no bad old contracts. If walters doesnt re up willy your still paying him a hefty dollar, and deal with the massive controversy of bringing in harris to a lofty deal while your qb plays out his last year. A major distraction, not some thing a team like this can deal with. Teams have lots of film on nichols Hes thrown almost 700 passes in the cfl. 

You replace and replace and replace you dont build chemistry and consistency. For that you have to stick to a few good players and turn them into a great core. Would we prefer to be running out kuale and brock ralph? 

8 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

12 wins, 26 losses with a 7 and 25 record after a 5-1 start seems to indicate that coaching is an issue.

totally true.   

great coaches can get the best out players and can create better results with less.  

seems like the league figured out pretty quick how to beat oshea.   he looks like a smug Jim Daley out there.  

SHOW SOME EMOTION OUT THERE.  get mad, yell, maybe do something other than look like you're stunned.

We fans have every right to complain. We watch the games, buy the merchandise and follow the team with our hearts for decades. We have been betrayed once again by those who are in charge, and when we no longer care enough to get angry, the team is in real trouble.

Consistency is only good when you're doing the right things. It's terrible when you aren't on the right track, and we are off the rails. We kept O'Shea for consistency last off season and MB the year before for consistency. Both moves will likely have the same outcome. No better than the last year.

Wow...I really question the intelligence of some of the board members here sometimes.  I never said we should only be a bunch of positron pom pom wavers.  What I'm talking about is breeding negativity by posting negative threads.  Do you think posting these negative threads are going to solve anything?  No.  All this is, is a mob gathering bitchfest.  You're not discussing football anymore, you're just acting like a bunch of whiny little kids who didn't get the toy they wanted.  I'm not saying we shouldn't complain about the coach or players, but do it intelligently with some thought of how to correct it.  Going: "OMG O'SHEA NEEDS TO BE FIRED BECAUSE HE SUCKS WAAAAAA!!!!1111".  Who the **** wants to read that crap?  And who do you think is going to respond to it?  The one's who only come here to complain.  Do you really think White Out would be around if the team was winning?  Doubtful.  He's just here to complain constantly about everything and anything.  He thinks this is his outlet where he can tear down the team.

I didn't say you didn't have the right to complain Tracker.  But doing it here in a negative way is not going to make the team change anything.  You think O'Shea or Miller bothers to read this forum?  Maybe they do, but they know a bitchfest vs criticism.

Having a temper tantrum (not talking about your original post Brandon, I'm talking about the posts after) is not going to change anything.  Complain in a constructive way at least.  If you want the coach fired, give us reasons why and who you think could actually come in here to replace him at this point?  Want Willy gone?  Tell us who's going to replace him, and don't say Nichols, cause he lost most of the games he started last year so I doubt he's the hope anyone is looking for.  Those of you who say to pull Willy for a while and let Nichols in for a few rounds so Willy can watch from the sidelines and maybe see some things he's not seeing on the field...bravo, that is how to be constructive.

Understand now?  Cause I don't feel like explaining again.

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Wow...I really question the intelligence of some of the board members here sometimes.  I never said we should only be a bunch of positron pom pom wavers.  What I'm talking about is breeding negativity by posting negative threads.  Do you think posting these negative threads are going to solve anything?  No.  All this is, is a mob gathering bitchfest.  You're not discussing football anymore, you're just acting like a bunch of whiny little kids who didn't get the toy they wanted.  I'm not saying we shouldn't complain about the coach or players, but do it intelligently with some thought of how to correct it.  Going: "OMG O'SHEA NEEDS TO BE FIRED BECAUSE HE SUCKS WAAAAAA!!!!1111".  Who the **** wants to read that crap?  And who do you think is going to respond to it?  The one's who only come here to complain.  Do you really think White Out would be around if the team was winning?  Doubtful.  He's just here to complain constantly about everything and anything.  He thinks this is his outlet where he can tear down the team.

I didn't say you didn't have the right to complain Tracker.  But doing it here in a negative way is not going to make the team change anything.  You think O'Shea or Miller bothers to read this forum?  Maybe they do, but they know a bitchfest vs criticism.

Having a temper tantrum (not talking about your original post Brandon, I'm talking about the posts after) is not going to change anything.  Complain in a constructive way at least.  If you want the coach fired, give us reasons why and who you think could actually come in here to replace him at this point?  Want Willy gone?  Tell us who's going to replace him, and don't say Nichols, cause he lost most of the games he started last year so I doubt he's the hope anyone is looking for.  Those of you who say to pull Willy for a while and let Nichols in for a few rounds so Willy can watch from the sidelines and maybe see some things he's not seeing on the field...bravo, that is how to be constructive.

Understand now?  Cause I don't feel like explaining again.

I understand but I don't think you're actually making a valid point. No one is posting "waaaa waaa fire MOS". People are, correctly, talking about when he should be fired, and, his failings as a coach. 

Your assertion that I wouldn't be here if the Bombers were winning is more negative than anything your accusing the MOS detractors of. By a mile. I've been a Bomber fan my whole life, so to quote Goalie, **** you.  You keep labeling peoples well placed and usually correct criticism of our management and players as being tantrums, yet you just threw one yourself like a spoiled little child. Dry your eyes and man up. This team sucks right now and people aren't going to come on here and sing praises of a badly inexperienced Michael O'Shea or shell shocked Drew Willy.

edit: People have also thoroughly explained why MOS and Willy need to go, you just dont want to listen or read.

MOS- inexperienced st coordinator thrust into a position he wasnt ready for. Wants to be everyones friend and cant make the tough calls a coach needs to make. Cant make proper adjustments during the game, highlighted by the poor 2nd half performances last 2 years. Inexcusable loyalty to bad players not pulling them out of the game to try other players when things dont go well

Willy- Terrible decision making. Panics in pocket. Happy feet. Unable to read  a defense or a blitz. Unwilling or unable to stretch the D with long passes. Poor game clock management. Results are very poor wins to losses. 

I mean these things are CONSTANTLY talked about on the forum, and you have the balls to come on here and write that garbage that people are just saying "MOS sucks wa wa". Get. Real.

Edited by White Out

If O'Shea is still an "inexperienced" head coach after three seasons, he is unable to learn from experience. O'Shea's problem is an inability to assess talent in either players or subordinate coaches. He is also apparently unable to adapt due to stubbornness. Neither trait contributes to coaching success or longevity, and it may well doom Walters as well.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

If O'Shea is still an "inexperienced" head coach after three seasons, he is unable to learn from experience. O'Shea's problem is an inability to assess talent in either players or subordinate coaches. He is also apparently unable to adapt due to stubbornness. Neither trait contributes to coaching success or longevity, and it may well doom Walters as well.

If you're responding to me, I mean he was inexperienced when we decided to make him our coach.

I'd like to see if we could pry Tate from Calgary. That guys a competitor and a good qb at that.  

And before you guys start shitting all over this idea. Remember many here didn't want Reilly or Burris.  I wonder where this team would be with either of those guys ? 

I don't think we can judge the defence yet as they've got no help from the offence. 

9 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I'd like to see if we could pry Tate from Calgary. That guys a competitor and a good qb at that.  

And before you guys start shitting all over this idea. Remember many here didn't want Reilly or Burris.  I wonder where this team would be with either of those guys ? 

I don't think we can judge the defence yet as they've got no help from the offence. 

I'm not disagreeing with the idea of Tate, but do we want a quarterback who has said he is content to be a second-stringer?

10 minutes ago, tracker said:

I'm not disagreeing with the idea of Tate, but do we want a quarterback who has said he is content to be a second-stringer?

But he wouldn't be a 2nd stringer with the Bombers :P

I know what you're saying but I think he's a good option and it would be nice to see a QB with an intense competitive nature.  

47 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I know what you're saying but I think he's a good option and it would be nice to see a QB with an intense competitive nature.  

If we can get him here I say go for it.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

if we do i hear alex moran is available.

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

lol yeah he would.