Around The NHL 2016/2017

11 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

...and also Matthews is really good and  deserving. 

No doubt.

Although, if Laine played against the 2nd/3rd/4th line of the opposing teams, like Matthews does, I bet Laine would have even more points. And, if he played as many games as Matthews.

Im torn on the Calder.  Because on one hand I want to say who cares?  But there are bonuses involved here right?  So if one of them got screwed, its very real to them.

I think the media trying to calm people down and say Laine needs to finish with X amount more points does a dis-service to the whole thing.  it creates the narrative that the better player might not win.

If it ended today, how could you not give it to Laine who has played less games with a higher plus minus and is younger (goals & points being equal)?  Its absurd.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im torn on the Calder.  Because on one hand I want to say who cares?  But there are bonuses involved here right?  So if one of them got screwed, its very real to them.

I think the media trying to calm people down and say Laine needs to finish with X amount more points does a dis-service to the whole thing.  it creates the narrative that the better player might not win.

If it ended today, how could you not give it to Laine who has played less games with a higher plus minus and is younger (goals & points being equal)?  Its absurd.

Neither will be screwed as both are very deserving of the award. 

How could it be a slam dunk for either side when they're neck and neck statistically? 

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hearing Burrows to Ottawa with extension could come through as soon as today.

I think I would have traded White for Duchene instead...  

Ryan, Phaneuf, Burrows as their core...?  that's gonna get ugly.

My first thought, too.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why Ott is a playoff team, but here we are. Phaneuf, Ryan and now Burrows. 

Has anyone confirmed Chevy is awake?!  S-E-L-L. Sell. SELL! Seeeeelllllllllll!!!! 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Neither will be screwed as both are very deserving of the award. 

How could it be a slam dunk for either side when they're neck and neck statistically? 

Well they're pretty close statistically since they are tied for goals and points.  However Laine has played fewer games, has a higher GPG and PPG, a better plus-minus and is younger.  So all things being equal, not all things are equal.

The screwing aspect is when media does the rounds suggesting Laine might need to score ten more goals (keeping in mind he also will have played 8 less games barring a Matthews injury) to beat Matthews for the award.  That is absurd. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

My first thought, too.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why Ott is a playoff team, but here we are. Phaneuf, Ryan and now Burrows. 

Has anyone confirmed Chevy is awake?!  S-E-L-L. Sell. SELL! Seeeeelllllllllll!!!! 

Because our coach and gm believe we are still in the hunt. :-) Maybe we sit tight like the flames and roll the dice with what we have. if we don't succeed, we let lose our spare parts in the off season. Unless of course another gm becomes desperate, panicky and we can get way with more than we bargained for in selling some of our accessories like Stafford, Pav, MP etc