Around The NHL 2016/2017

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

iggy still looking for that pot o gold at the end of the rainbow.

Trying to recreate the magic that Iggy and Sutter had together in that run to the Stanley Cup Finals in Calgary in 2003-04.

This can't be a surprise. Maybe the low price. But Iginla is almost done.

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

Trying to recreate the magic that Iggy and Sutter had together in that run to the Stanley Cup Finals in Calgary in 2003-04.

This can't be a surprise. Maybe the low price. But Iginla is almost done.

This is just me and it's all how one looks at it but I've always found approaches taken by Jerome Iginla and others historically over time somewhat irritating.  

Keep it at, I'm here to help the Colorado Avalanche be successful regardless of where we find ourselves in the standings. If the organization that employs me feels they can better themselves by trading me away, so be it.

It would have been like Milt Stegall saying trade me to a contender as my career is almost up. I couldn't see him doing that, at least out in the media. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

If Chevy doesnt move Stafford, Im turning the corner on him and demanding he be fired.  Like literally, its the easiest trade to make.  If ONE person wants him and they offer NOTHING, you still make that deal.

But it only works if someone is going to take him. No point sending him out if you have to retain all of his salary.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

But it only works if someone is going to take him. No point sending him out if you have to retain all of his salary.

Lots of reports of Jets getting calls on Stafford and you can only retain 50% which is worth doing for the Jets.

Its like if I go to a store due to mild interest in something.  A good salesman can convince me to make the purchase.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Disagree.

This season stopped mattering weeks and weeks ago.  All that's remotely salvageable now is giving the youngsters ice time.  

I'd rather be paying Stafford not to play here than pay him to play.