Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 minute ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Disagree.

This season stopped mattering weeks and weeks ago.  All that's remotely salvageable now is giving the youngsters ice time.  

I'd rather be paying Stafford not to play here than pay him to play.

You can just send him down.

If you cant unload Drew Stafford at the deadline, you dont deserve to be a General Manager in the NHL.  Chevy is a joke. 

How many UFA's we got? We couldnt get late round picks for ANY of them? Chevy says every year teams always call about Thorburn.  Not this year?

Chevy is a joke, plain and simple.  Oh he drafts.  Like its so hard to pick Laine #2.  What a genius.  He's done ONE thing in six years and that was trade Kane, 5 years after Kane demanded a trade.  I guess he works at his own pace.

Just now, iHeart said:

man the jets didn't do a thing, I've seen Colorado do more today than most of the other teams they must have traded half of their roster

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like what that message sends.  To me,  it sends the message that we feel that we are heading in the right direction. I would predict we will see a lot more movement from us in the off season, i.e., Goalie and defensemen upgrades.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like what that message sends.  To me,  it sends the message that we feel that we are heading in the right direction. I would predict we will see a lot more movement from us in the off season, i.e., Goalie and defensemen upgrades.

Heading in the right direction by not trading UFA's that do not factor into our future?

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not trying to be factious, but what is the direction?

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

they'll never give up MAF that easily. Yes I did post that Staff would probably get traded today but it doesn't look like it will happen, there's no rules that say that the trades should stop because the deadline passes

Yes, there are. That's why we have a deadline, right?