Around The NHL 2016/2017

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lawless giving more credence to the idea the Jets would ask Toby to waive his NMC to be exposed to Vegas (who would likely not take him).  It would be nice if they could make a trade deal.  If Im Toby Im more interested in waiving my NMC to go to, say, Pens right now, then to be left exposed to Vegas.  Lawless also saying Jets wont take back picks or prospects.  Meh, if a team will give you something for Toby right now, I'd do the deal and use those non-player assets for other deals.

If Enstrom is willing to waive his NMC so the Jets can go 7-3-1 he's doing it as a favour to the Jets, so the chances that this translates to Enstrom traded if he waives it does not increase at all.

Especially if he does it after the trade deadline.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

He also only has one year left on his deal and is 30 years old this summer.  Not the Jets' usual target.

Two years, and you're right.

Why would we take him? We might lose him on the expansion draft.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Anything the Jets might want to do is better left til after expansion draft.  They need to make some moves.  Today should be about cutting the dead weight for anything offered.  Only other deals should involve things that help them with expansion, such as moving Toby or trading someone they think they'd lose (like Lowry, I guess).

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hjalmarsson would be the perfect D pairing for Buff...  once you have him, losing Myers is not such a big deal.

But I really don't see Chevy trading Lowry.

More likely, we trade Stafford for a 4th because Chicago has a soft spot for Chevy.