Bombers Add New LB

Nick-Temple.jpgBombers add linebacker Nick Temple - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
WINNIPEG, MB., June 30, 2016 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the addition of International linebacker Nick Temple to the practice roster. Temple (5-10, 224, Cincinnati, September 3, 1993 in Indianapolis, Indiana) was most recently in Montreal’s training camp earlier this month. He played his collegiate football at Cincinnati, where in his senior season he recorded 54 tackles, 5.5 …

I actually thought Montreal gave up on this guy too early, but chalked it up to them being loaded at linebacker. 22 years old. Thought he was a bright spot on their defense when we took it to them in the first PS game.

Tied to Hubbard's realease?  He's sounding none too happy.

Adrian Hubbard ‏@Foreshadow90210 6h6 hours ago
All I care about is winning.

Hardwork don't pay off always. Im a living testimony.

Stomach be hurting just thinking about things going on

My goal has been to make a roster since getting into pro ball. I don't know where I went wrong or who I rubbed the wrong way.

I just love playing football ,winning ,and making plays. Would be nice to have to have everyone else on the same page!!

Be staying low key ,balling, and staying out of trouble. And I see guys whose skills are limited and staying in trouble keep getting chances

Slow digest. Peoples problem is they hate to look bad

Adrian Hubbard ‏@Foreshadow90210 5h5 hours ago
Mind Blowing

Why are we doing this? Because good teams try to find better players all the team. It's football, if you aren't trying to bring in players to push your current players, then why bother. It's basic knowledge really. Why bring in this guy? Because the goal of a football team is to find players better than what they have. Bottom line. 

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

My goal has been to make a roster since getting into pro ball. I don't know where I went wrong or who I rubbed the wrong way.

I just love playing football ,winning ,and making plays. Would be nice to have to have everyone else on the same page!!

Be staying low key ,balling, and staying out of trouble. And I see guys whose skills are limited and staying in trouble keep getting chances

Mind Blowing

Attitude issues there for sure. You can sense it in his tweets. He think he's better than he is. 

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Realistically how many of those 9 LBs are potential starters and how many are simply ST players listed as LBs?

no such thing as a pure Ster in the cfl. Not enough roster spots. We have 2 back ups at OL with one starter whose highly injury prone. Carried 2 back up wrs and one went down in the first hand full of plays. 

BUT 4 of those guys have been cfl starters, burnett and waggoner project as high up side starters. Briggs and gauthier are sters as well but they are far from no up side guys. The number of starters who wont see action on STs are few and far between. 

Having guys just listed at that position to only play teams doesnt work with such small rosters. 

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Mind Blowing

I don't believe he has been released has he?

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't believe he has been released has he?

I don't think so, although his Tweets kind of hint that he may have been cut but not yet publicly.  They might have to make a space for the new LB on the PR.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't think so, although his Tweets kind of hint that he may have been cut but not yet publicly.  They might have to make a space for the new LB on the PR.

They put Dressler on IR and activated Mayo, so no they dont need to release anyone.