Crazy thoughts from a desperate and disillusioned Bomber fan ...

IC Khari

25 years ... or is it 26? Doesn't matter, watching a team that started 3 seasons ago look like a Grey Cup contender last night while we in our game (despite desperately trying to improve) look worse than last year, will do this to you :( These crazy thoughts are going through my head ...

- Do we owe an apology to Bellfool considering how our first string O has looked since the first preseason game?

- Does Patrik Laine play QB?

- Is the key to our team's success bringing Clarence Denmark back?

- Is it possible Cal Murphy put a curse on this franchise and we're now the Cleveland Browns lite and is the fact there's an expression "that's so Bombers" proof?

If you feel similarly distressed (yes I know it's early) and the gin or drugs aren't working, add your own crazy thoughts to this thread. It's very therapeutic to get them out, really ;) who knows one of those crazy ideas may actually be the reason this franchise can seem to do the right things but still looks messed up. Jets season seems so far away ...

Edited by IC Khari

As someone who is only in his early 30's, I have no real memories of the bombers being a dominant, or even consistently good team. Sure we had a brief glimpse of success in the days of Jones and Stegall.  Losing games and looking terrible on offense is just my expectation. So the good of this is I get over the losses pretty quickly, as they're expected. The bad being even if we win a couple games it will be hard to enjoy as I'll know the wheels are still going to fall off after another few games.

I didn't grow up watching or playing football, wasn't an option to play in a small town. In my teens the likes of Stegall and Brown got me interested and started watching. Then i hit my 20's. The bombers didn't win a labor day game in my 20's. Loss after loss after loss. Every year we bring in new players, every year people are optimistic for the new players. Every year regardless of what coaches/players/Gm we bring in, the team plays like the Bombers, which is a painful experience.

10 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

As someone who is only in his early 30's, I have no real memories of the bombers being a dominant, or even consistently good team. Sure we had a brief glimpse of success in the days of Jones and Stegall.  Losing games and looking terrible on offense is just my expectation. So the good of this is I get over the losses pretty quickly, as they're expected. The bad being even if we win a couple games it will be hard to enjoy as I'll know the wheels are still going to fall off after another few games.

I didn't grow up watching or playing football, wasn't an option to play in a small town. In my teens the likes of Stegall and Brown got me interested and started watching. Then i hit my 20's. The bombers didn't win a labor day game in my 20's. Loss after loss after loss. Every year we bring in new players, every year people are optimistic for the new players. Every year regardless of what coaches/players/Gm we bring in, the team plays like the Bombers, which is a painful experience.

tumblrm5kbumtppi1r777xho1500_654252.gif

I'll be 61 tomorrow which bums me out. Then I remember the Bombers won 7 Grey Cups in my lifetime. Then there are posters like brett_c_b who have never seen the Bombers win anything & it blows my mind. I'm thinking I'll never live long enough to see another one. I was 35 the last time this team won a Grey Cup. That is just dismally pathetic.

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, do or die said:

I hear ya, went through a 18 yr drought before my championship thirst was quenched........now followed by a 26 year (and counting)....with frankly no end in sight....

I remember being in the bar (Marble Club if anyone remembers) the night before the Western Final in 1984 vs the Lions. I remember discussing the game with my friends & anyone who joined in & becoming nervous thinking about going into BC Place & having to beat the Lions. Well, we did it, went to the Grey Cup & won. Unbelievable. Of the 3 we won in 84, 88 & 90 that was the most satisfying. Ending a (then) 22 year drought. Ohhh what a feeling! What a rrrrrush!

I find it sad that loyal younger fans here that bleed blue & gold haven't been rewarded for their loyalty with a Grey Cup win. Bad players, coaching & management over the years have caused this. Maybe O'Shea & Walters turn this thing around this year. We can only hope.

Edited by iso_55

5 hours ago, IC Khari said:

25 years ... or is it 26? Doesn't matter, watching a team that started 3 seasons ago look like a Grey Cup contender last night while we in our game (despite desperately trying to improve) look worse than last year, will do this to you :( These crazy thoughts are going through my head ...

- Do we owe an apology to Bellfool considering how our first string O has looked since the first preseason game?

- Does Patrik Laine play QB?

- Is the key to our team's success bringing Clarence Denmark back?

- Is it possible Cal Murphy put a curse on this franchise and we're now the Cleveland Browns lite and is the fact there's an expression "that's so Bombers" proof?

If you feel similarly distressed (yes I know it's early) and the gin or drugs aren't working, add your own crazy thoughts to this thread. It's very therapeutic to get them out, really ;) who knows one of those crazy ideas may actually be the reason this franchise can seem to do the right things but still looks messed up. Jets season seems so far away ...

MB was every bit as bad as made out to be. plop was fired here while running struggling offenses twice and his 3rd time around still had significantly better play calling and adjustments. And im not a plop fan.

Can buff play OL? thats the real question xD

Maybe a curse for firing dave ritchie. 

Folklore says that a construction worker from Saskatchewan planted a Rider flag somewhere at IGF.    We need to dig that thing up and not stop until we find that ******* flag and then burn it at Portage & Main.  That's the only way were going to end the curse.  

#findthefkgflag

Edited by B-F-F-C

Here's a crazy thought to add to the disillusionment...How about trading for Travis Lulay ....Sound crazy???not according to the rumourville and Pedersen in Regina...He says Bombers are talking to the Leos and that another club is involved.....This could be someone dreaming up a crazy scenario to further drive us into depression...orrrrrr maybe not. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Here's a crazy thought to add to the disillusionment...How about trading for Travis Lulay ....Sound crazy???not according to the rumourville and Pedersen in Regina...He says Bombers are talking to the Leos and that another club is involved.....This could be someone dreaming up a crazy scenario to further drive us into depression...orrrrrr maybe not. 

hah!  Now that would be something.  I'd rather pick up Burris from Ottawa!