Breathe...

Noeller

Even knowing full well it'll likely get derailed by crazy people, I'm going to do my best to create a little sanctuary for those willing to take a couple breaths and relax...

Bombers were pretty awful on offense for the first 3/4 of this game. No getting around that. OL wasn't good enough, and Drew Willy will be the first to tell you he didn't have a good game. Missing weapons on O, and neither Harris nor Dressler were 100% to begin with. 

On the upside, Jace Davis looked good in spots and Darvin Adams was actually showing some heart, coming back to the ball a couple times. 

Harris showed a lotta hustle and heart...he cared right to the bitter end.

McDuffie had a good night on returns and was really close to busting a couple...that's only going to get better.

Thought kick cover units were outstanding last night...ton of hustle all night.

D was really solid for the most part. Another outstanding effort from Chris Randle. #RandleIsland indeed.

Thought Bruce Johnson got exposed a couple times last night...without knowing coverages and what not, it's hard to tell who's responsible for what, but it APPEARED like he was at fault on two early big plays...

Was pleasantly surprised by both Fogg and Posey. Seemed to me like both had solid nights...

DL came as advertised...3/4 pieces had a really good night. Still not 100% sold on the new end...

Anyone else surprised by the overall lack of penalties on the night? Distinct lack of PI calls, overall, was really surprising to me. Really felt like the refs were "letting 'em play" last night.....

Bottom line, it's a long season. We all knew it'd take time for all the new pieces to come together, especially with a whole new offense to learn. I'd rather have some stumbles now, and slowly put it all together as we go...hopefully clicking by Labour Day. 

I'll be at McMahon next weekend for Game 2 and I'm expecting a MUCH better game from the O....

The schedule for the next 5 games is a tough one. Calgary and Edmonton twice and Hamilton. The Bombers needed to win this game. The fan base is on the edge of their seats. Even if the Offence plays better in Calgary.  Losing the next 5 games would be devastating but is a very likely scenario. I hope for the Bombers sake they can win a minimum of 2 games out of 5 but that is going to be tough given the competition. 

Who says Edmonton is going to be any hot hell? Their team has been completely gutted. Sure they have Reilly, but they're missing a ton. Calgary, lotta changes there, too...we don't know what anyone's looking like. Ham looked real good vs Toronto, for sure, but let's  just wait and see...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Even knowing full well it'll likely get derailed by crazy people, I'm going to do my best to create a little sanctuary for those willing to take a couple breaths and relax...

Bombers were pretty awful on offense for the first 3/4 of this game. No getting around that. OL wasn't good enough, and Drew Willy will be the first to tell you he didn't have a good game. Missing weapons on O, and neither Harris nor Dressler were 100% to begin with. 

On the upside, Jace Davis looked good in spots and Darvin Adams was actually showing some heart, coming back to the ball a couple times. 

McDuffie had a good nightarrow-10x10.png on returns and was really close to busting a couple...that's only going to get better.

D was really solid for the most part. Another outstanding effort from Chris Randle. #RandleIsland indeed.

Thought Bruce Johnson got exposed a couple times last nightarrow-10x10.png...without knowing coverages and what not, it's hard to tell who's responsible for what, but it APPEARED like he was at fault on two early big plays...

Was pleasantly surprised by both Fogg and Posey. Seemed to me like both had solid nightsarrow-10x10.png...

DL came as advertised...3/4 pieces had a really good nightarrow-10x10.png. Still not 100% sold on the new end...

Anyone else surprised by the overall lack of penalties on the nightarrow-10x10.png? Distinct lack of PI calls, overall, was really surprising to me. Really felt like the refs were "letting 'em play" last nightarrow-10x10.png.....

Bottom line, it's a long season. We all knew it'd take time for all the new pieces to come together, especially with a whole new offense to learn. I'd rather have some stumbles now, and slowly put it all together as we go...hopefully clicking by Labour Day. 

I'll be at McMahon next weekend for Game 2 and I'm expecting a MUCH better game from the O....

sure didnt seem that way when the game finally resumed and montreal got called for that unsportsman like conduct or whatever it was then a delay of game. no clue what takes the refs so long to huddle up for

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

McDuffie had a good night on returns and was really close to busting a couple...that's only going to get better.

Thought Bruce Johnson got exposed a couple times last night...without knowing coverages and what not, it's hard to tell who's responsible for what, but it APPEARED like he was at fault on two early big plays...

Was pleasantly surprised by both Fogg and Posey. Seemed to me like both had solid nights...

DL came as advertised...3/4 pieces had a really good night. Still not 100% sold on the new end...

Anyone else surprised by the overall lack of penalties on the night? Distinct lack of PI calls, overall, was really surprising to me. Really felt like the refs were "letting 'em play" last night.....

I disagree with you on major point- Glenn picked apart both Posey and Fogg all night, although Bruce Johnson did not have a good night.

Bruce Johnson had his worst game as a Bomber last night , Macho Harris is a day late in the play but his yapping after the play is first rate, the other 2 are green and need to learn and Randle looked like the only guy that knew what he was doing.  The D line got no push whatsoever against a line with 2 guys with very little experience, Wild and Leggatt were chasing misdirection plays all night long and Bass looked at little lost in the middle. The offence just didn't show up except for Harris and Daniels in the 2nd half to little way to late. Having said that it is the first game of the year changes will be made hopefully positive one lots of games left 

Its not just about losing this one game. Its about getting handled by a bottom-feeder and the team repeating the same limp performance as they have the past two previous seasons. And its about Willy looking hesitant and lost and hurrying his throws leading to overthrows. We thought that if Glenn got thumped a couple of times, he would start to twitch, but instead it happened to Willy. The O-line wasn't as bad as all that, but they weren't great.

I was super pissed after the game. Due mostly to that last play call. I just think a PI call on a jump ball is a very likely thing to happen in the CFL and they went for a play that works once in a lifetime. bah...anyway. I didn't think the Offence looked ready to go, with the exception of Harris. Much like TO on thursday, our O just wasn't ready to play. I'm sure losing dressler that early didn't help with the game plan but why they didn't lean on Harris in the 1st half??????? I'll never understand. The Oline played decently...Willy couldn't see the field/didn't trust himself. Held on to the ball way to long, pumped his arm a bunch, and panicked before he had too. I want to see WAY more creativity from Lapo...he was heavily out coached by AC last night.

On D, Man RANDLE is BACK!! Fantastic game. The rest of the secondary had their ups and downs, some solid plays by the rookies out there. Macho, well I'll give him credit for getting under the skin of MTL, being a step earlier than he was would have resulted in a few solid plays/stops. I thought it was common knowledge that hitting Glenn lead to good things? See the Randle int...so why we weren't blitzing the snot out of them I don't get. Send the rookies in to hit him, do something. The front 4 had pretty horrible pressure. Though I will say Glenn did well at getting the ball off quickly.

All in all, Super disappointed but it's not the end of the world. it's going to be a rough going until labour day. But after that, we will see how this teams plays. MTL won't be as bad as some think, those receivers will make Glenns job easy.

Well, it's only game one, and I'm sure like all teams, they'll sync together as weeks go by. Willy did seem to be under a lot of pressure for a lot of the night, and let's face it, with Dressler going down and then the huge delay, there were a lot of disruptions in the game to slow momentum. I do have a question for you guys, as I haven't followed your roster in too much depth... What happened to Flanders? I didn't see him last night. Did he make the team or was he cut?

2 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Well, it's only game one, and I'm sure like all teams, they'll sync together as weeks go by. Willy did seem to be under a lot of pressure for a lot of the night, and let's face it, with Dressler going down and then the huge delay, there were a lot of disruptions in the game to slow momentum. I do have a question for you guys, as I haven't followed your roster in too much depth... What happened to Flanders? I didn't see him last night. Did he make the team or was he cut?

he has an all star in front of him on the depth chart. Thats what happened.

4 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Saw Flanders in uniform on the sidelines, but he did not play.

I'm not going to rag on our defence because, once in a while, you get a stud performance out of a QB, and we saw that last night.  Even under tremendous pressure at times, Glenn got the ball away, somehow to somebody..even side armed. They had a a good game plan with lots of mix and GLENN executed it to perfection. And Glenn got hit, tons of times, bounced back and threw the ball again. 

They beat us hands down on Offence because they executed and Glenn led the charge.

My fear is its potentially 0-7 to start. That means its early August and the season is over. Fifth year in a row of no playoffs. 26 years no Grey Cup.

Just the same clown show we've seen for much of the last seven years. Look at it this way, this is year 17 of me having season tickets, I've gone to most games the past 21 years. I buy the merchandise. If people like me are disheartened, what does that mean about most of your fan base?

I don't  even get too mad at this game. It was mostly a lack of execution that was the issue. Willy was bad. Flat out missed too many throws. He and Smith had no timing. Ol got owned too many times but did improve I thought. It'll  improve cause Willy isn't usually that inaccurate. I never worry about his decision making, once the accuracy  comes it'll be fine. Same old lapo though. either short or long and nothing between.