Final Cuts

Jpan85

I expect we will see Castillo on the injured list along with Bennett, Bastien, Briggs, Kris Adams and Derrell Johnson or Sam Scott.  

FYI Sam Scott has been in the CFL since 2011... played for the Ticats for the last few years but only got into a handful of games.  Kris Adams had the highest yards per catch of any player in the NCAA in 2010.

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How many kicks did Castillo miss this preseason?  I don't think he's the "asset" some of you guys do.  He's good, but there's no shortage of guys like him.  

Really?  No shortage?  Then why does Brett Maher keep finding a job?  Teams have a hell of a time finding decent kickers.

54 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I wouldn't have kept Castillo. Would love to see if some other team wants him. I don't think he's that good, plus we are paying big bucks to Medlock.

I am surprised they cut Veltung over some of the over receivers. Definitely agree McDuffie beat him out for the WR/KR spot, but some of other guys over him? I really don't think Davis is that special.

I agree if they can trade Castillo great, if not offer him PR, if he doesn't accept PR then sayonara.  It's not like they didn't cut other very good players who could have made an impact, it's just the nature of the roster limits.  It comes down to Castillo taking up a space on the roster where another player would be of real value in rotation or backup. 

Bombers are paper thin at RB and having another back dressed for the game makes all kinds of sense for a multitude of reasons.  Establishing and maintaining a good running attack should be a priority if the team wants to improve all aspects of it's offence.  Harris is great, but even the great John Cornish always had someone waiting on the sidelines to help him out when needed.  Ego be damned, it's a team game.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Really?  No shortage?  Then why does Brett Maher keep finding a job?  Teams have a hell of a time finding decent kickers.

Castillo is a 80% FG kicker who can punt a bit.  Maher is a crappy FG kicker with a big leg and a great punter.  They are the same guy with inverse strengths.  Neither have value because of their passport and the supply of guys like them, flawed American kickers.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Castillo is a 80% FG kicker who can punt a bit.  Maher is a crappy FG kicker with a big leg and a great punter.  They are the same guy with inverse strengths.  Neither have value because of their passport and the supply of guys like them, flawed American kickers.

Ti-Cats are Castillo's best bet for a starting job, they just cut Mandell, so that leaves them with Maher and maybe Hugh O'Neill who I couldn't locate on their roster, neither is known for their FG prowess.  Pretty sure Ott. is set with Milo and the promising Ronnie Pfeffer.

I'm surprised at all the love going on for Veltung.  He wasn't spectacular while he was here and it sure sounded like he had just a mediocre camp.  

It's too bad we didn't pick up a guy like Matt Walters after he was released by the Stamps.   I thought he performed quite well when filling in for Cornish. 

Edited by B-F-F-C

Edmonton cuts Cauchy!

Released: WR Natey Adjei, DB Cameron Fuller, LB Jimmy Gaines, DB Raye Hartmann, WR Andrew Johnson, DL Sam Montgomery, DB CJ Morgan, DB Cauchy Muamba, RB Akeem Shavers

Practice Roster: LB Josh Brinkworth, WR Kenzel Doe, FB DJ Lalama, LB Darryl McBride Jr., DB Solomon Means, WR Bryant Mitchell, OL Darius Morris, DB Tyler Thornton, WR Brandon Zylstra

Edited by kelownabomberfan

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Edmonton cuts Cauchy!

Released: WR Natey Adjei, DB Cameron Fuller, LB Jimmy Gaines, DB Raye Hartmann, WR Andrew Johnson, DL Sam Montgomery, DB CJ Morgan, DB Cauchy Muamba, RB Akeem Shavers

Practice Roster: LB Josh Brinkworth, WR Kenzel Doe, FB DJ Lalama, LB Darryl McBride Jr., DB Solomon Means, WR Bryant Mitchell, OL Darius Morris, DB Tyler Thornton, WR Brandon Zylstra

Hopefully Jones snatches Cauchy up.

10 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

2 roster spots for import kickers? No thanks. I'm expecting Castillo to pull 'something' and go on the 1 game IR.

The Bombers brass must be looking to orchestrate a trade or something. just doesn't make much sense 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Won't happen.  Denmark is probably done now. He's coming to Winnipeg tho... to see his son 

Probably not. But id still take a flyer on him if hes willing to take a cheap deal. Mcduffie looked great as a returner but i dont see any one stepping up to take no3 wr.  But we also saved some money on couple of the vet cuts.

On 17/06/2016 at 5:51 PM, rebusrankin said:

This one time, in training camp, Rupert Butcher had to be blocked by all five guys on the OL. This one time, in training camp, Rupert Butcher singled handled ran over all 7 blockers, strip sacked the QB, ran it back for a TD and kicked the extra point.

Well then I can see why they cut him. Not enough there. 

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if Clarence can't make the worst team in the league then I am afraid his time is done.

dont forget we have what 3 ex riders added this off season? Many bad teams are bad because they evaluate talent poorly. Or use it poorly. One need only look around the league and see a few ex bombers who are doing all right for them self despite leaving this team when it wasnt good. Some of them dumped.