Final Cuts

Jpan85

Castillo can punt kick fgs and kickoff. He's insurance.  I'm not convinced he makes the game day roster but.... if he does its not a terrible problem. Cdn depth isn't an issue really.  

Interesting crowd here. Last year we start 8 CDNS people ask why. This year looks like the minimum 7... people ask why pretty much. Our cdn depth is much improved.  Which cdn besides Matt Bucknor who looked terrible in pre season did we get rid of that we shouldn't have? 

Players may well be moved on and off the PR and Roster before the game.  (perhaps with some developing "injuries" as well)

I'm not going to get worked up about 2 import kickers on the roster, or the depth chart at RB, or the list of WR's and DL until the actual game day roster/depth chart comes out.   Could be lots of deals/trades in the works, and some players are more "protectable" than others.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

MOAB, Bastian over JFG? I think they go JFG over Bastain.

Previously I said it will be JFG in the 44 instead of Bastien because he is O'Shea's guy. But it make sense it to be Bastien since he plays WR while JFG plays in the slot. But both will within the 46-man roster. Just my opinion.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

if he was going to be hidden on the IR he would be on the IR not on the active roster. 

there are still 52 players on the active roster they only need 46 players there. 

penton said the Bombers will announce the 46 man and the IR on monday.

but seriously... just count

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Montreal cuts:

Released: QB Tajh Boyd, QB Drew Burko, WR Mikhail Davidson, WR Mike Davis, DE Jordan Dewalt, CB Dominique Ellis, OL Forrestal Hickman, DT Mitchell Jeter, DB C.J. Moore, DB Hayden Peters, FB Mackenzie Sarro, LB Nick Temple, OL Matthew Toppan, QB Jimmy Underdahl

Practice Roster: RB Martese Jackson, OL Sean Jamieson, WR Chandler Jones, OL Nate Isles, LB Jared Koster, WR Corbin Louks, RB Cam McDaniel, DB Jonathon Mincy, DB Ramon Taylor, DB Dominique Termansen

Players added to the six-game injured list: C Luc Brodeur-Jourdain, WR Alex Charrette, QB Jonathan Crompton, DB Andrew Lue, RB Wayne Moore.

Remember last season when some fans were going crazy over Tajh Boyd? Well, turns out he's just another qb who can't play.

14 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

Any idea who Kris Adams is?  I don't recall seeing him play at all in the pre-season.

I was thinking the same thing... don't remember much from him in practice/games...

13 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree, I think it's a mistake not to have Flanders on the roster as he outperformed all other backs on the ground in both pre-season games and that includes Harris.  They gave the backup job to Lochard without a single carry in either pre-season game, meanwhile Flanders will sit on the PR until Harris is injured or he rots. 

I agree with you, Flanders would be a much better back up.... but you simply can't ignore the ratio, and that's all there is to it...

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Castillo can punt kick fgs and kickoff. He's insurance.  I'm not convinced he makes the game day roster but.... if he does its not a terrible problem. Cdn depth isn't an issue really.  

There's no chance Castillo makes the game day roster... you simply can't DI two kickers...

Could anyone realistically say that we should let Castillo walk after the pre-season he had...NO way we cut him and have another club grab him in a nanosecond...Especially the green team to the west and the cats down east...I'm tired of seeing assets this club has garnered, walk and star with other teams..(ex. Paredes for one)...It's about time we held on to talent and if a deal comes along that we can't refuse...pull the trigger...As someone stated already, for now Castillo is good insurance, and we'll just have to find someway to work around the fact he is an international.

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do we know why Sergio didn't get cut?

He would have been on my short list after missing that kick to tie it in the last game. Trade bait maybe?

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

Doesn't Medlock have a history of missing games due to injury?  Castillo is a great insurance policy or a valuable asset should a starting kicker/punter go down with injury.   

Either way I see him paying dividends. 

2009 - 17 games (1 game on PR, 17 started)

2010 - 4 games, cut in favor of prefontaine

2011 - 18 games

2012 - NFL

2013 - NFL

2014 - 18 games

2015 - 18 games

Best I can tell he has missed 0 CFL games due to injury

13 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Seems like we have a lot of good problems, as opposed to I dunno ... the last 5 wasted seasons.

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

I feel like I've read this post before... like every year for the last five years...

If we get off to an 0-4 or 1-5 start the panic is going to set in quick. If we're looking for our first win at Labour Day or Banjo Bowl we might not recognize our coaching staff and half the management.

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

" Evidently, both Bond and Daniels are upgrades over Daniels, and the Bombers simply needed change after allowing 59 sacks in 2015.

I assume he meant Hardrick.

I wouldn't have kept Castillo. Would love to see if some other team wants him. I don't think he's that good, plus we are paying big bucks to Medlock.

I am surprised they cut Veltung over some of the over receivers. Definitely agree McDuffie beat him out for the WR/KR spot, but some of other guys over him? I really don't think Davis is that special.