Preseason 2 - Ottawa

Jpan85

Walters is trying......but it takes a while to build Canuck OL content......when was starting from, literally ground zero. (previous managements) 

One way to help matters is to bring some top-end import talent, there.....instead of a endless string of journeymen... 

16 minutes ago, johnzo said:

There was a throw-behind to the endzone in the first quarter that he just casually reached back and flicked away.  Fantastic play.

Usually a throw-behind is a 50/50 shot at pass interference in the CFL.  Not on #randleisland.

Remember back in the good old days when quarterbacks tried to hit receivers in stride on deep balls? I hate the throw-behind. #oldguyrantsatclouds

I disagree. The kind of pass play you describe takes accuracy on the throw & the receiver reaching back making the catch. I like it.

Oh, no doubt that it takes a ton of skill and timing to pull off, it's just that it's also penalty bait and I hate how important and prominent pass interference has become. I hate reflexively scanning for orange flags on any kind of incompletion where the db and receiver are within speaking distance.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

There was a throw-behind to the endzone in the first quarter that he just casually reached back and flicked away.  Fantastic play.

Usually a throw-behind is a 50/50 shot at pass interference in the CFL.  Not on #randleisland.

Remember back in the good old days when quarterbacks tried to hit receivers in stride on deep balls? I hate the throw-behind. #oldguyrantsatclouds

And of course the ******* on commentary rather than talking about how terrifically Randle played that called it a dropped pass and acted like the receiver actually got open. 

CFLTime has been killing it with their video uploads so far this season, they just posted the game about an hour ago. Nice to have someone covering me if I can't watch live.

The video starts a bit late, around nine minutes into the first quarter, but the very first play is that excellent Randle endzone play that I was talking about.

Black's call on it is just as crap as 17to85 says, tho Forde at least gets it right on the replay.

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Walters is trying......but it takes a while to build Canuck OL content......when was starting from, literally ground zero. (previous managements) 

One way to help matters is to bring some top-end import talent, there.....instead of a endless string of journeymen... 

It shouldn't take this long. We need to play Internationals on the OL & I agree that the guys they bring in from the US for the most part aren't very good. Other teams can build an OL & find quality Internationals yet we don't seem to be able to.

I have to remind myself that game two's "first unit offence" did have significant changes over the game one OL

Neufeld at LG next to Bryant was a disaster... Even Schulz was able to highlight him getting lit up on basic stunts by the opposing DL 

If the management insists on employing this guy then for the love of God keep him at RT!  I'm not learned in football yet it surprises me he can seem competent at tackle but having help on both sides as a guard makes Neufeld worse than useless.   Put Bond back at guard.  Hardrick also seemed to play better in PS1 then guys like Foketi in PS2

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Hey, no worries.  Feel free to use whatever pronoun you want, just do it on Esksfans and let us Bomber fans talk in peace.

Oh my bad again. Apologies. Thought this was a FREE COUNTRY. Didn't know you were an 'oppression site' here. 

Just now, KptKrunch said:

Oh my bad again. Apologies. Thought this was a FREE COUNTRY. Didn't know you were an 'oppression site' here. 

Actually, it is a free country, but I think that you're mistaken about what that actually means.  This is a private forum and each of us is here because Rich allows it.  He can rescind that privilege for any user, at any time and for any reason.  Here's hoping... 

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

Actually, it is a free country, but I think that you're mistaken about what that actually means.  This is a private forum and each of us is here because Rich allows it.  He can rescind that privilege for any user, at any time and for any reason.  Here's hoping... 

Sure, and tell me who do think would go first, me or you? Did i insult you? Did I break a forum rule? Most forums I know frown severely on members trying to kick other members off. Some will suspend or ban such users. The whole 'purpose' of a forum is to allow folks to express opinions and discuss things. Personally I enjoy coming here and reading everyone's take on things. If i post something inapproriate, like, i don't know, for instance telling another person here leave for NO REASON, then maybe I will be banned. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Randle was outstanding last night and showed that his injury is not likely to affect him this season. He's in good form...

If you asked him I bet he'd say he didn't have his best game, like I said. Thought he was meh on a couple of plays. No big deal. 

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

CFLTime has been killing it with their video uploads so far this season, they just posted the game about an hour ago. Nice to have someone covering me if I can't watch live.

The video starts a bit late, around nine minutes into the first quarter, but the very first play is that excellent Randle endzone play that I was talking about.

Black's call on it is just as crap as 17to85 says, tho Forde at least gets it right on the replay.

Really? I guess. Just looked like a crappy throw to me.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And that's why you say silly things

And on the play at 16:00? I don't think it's silly at all to suggest he didn't have his best game. Sheesh.

1 minute ago, Blueballz said:

Yet it was a good play when Bennett made the same kind of pass to Williams for a TD against MTL...

Sometimes a crappy throw still works. I honestly don't know if it is a designed play or not. 

56 minutes ago, J5V said:

Really? I guess. It just looked like a crappy throw to me.

Nope ball is placed behind the receiver so covering db runs by the receiver when he slows down to adjust to the football. It's not an easy throw.

Edited by iso_55