Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

3 hours ago, R0BERTS said:

Agreed.  Home jerseys look great but I'm really diggin' the style of the aways.  I'm kinda suprised certain people are turned off by em.  I guess because they're not EXACTLY like the one's from the 80's, but all in all I think we got what we wanted.  Once we start seeing the whites in game action I think most are gonna start to love em.

These jerseys are going to look great on tv when the Bombers are beating the snot out of the opposition.:)

Edited by bustamente

Am I missing something? We DO have blue pants, no?  The mock ups @Jpan85 posted on page 10 are straight from the team aren't they.  I figured the same pants being worn by both players yesterday was just a hiccup relating to the Addidas manufacturing issues.  Or is what Dressler/Legget wore going to be our standard get up this season?

5 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Am I missing something? We DO have blue pants, no?  The mock ups @Jpan85 posted on page 10 are straight from the team aren't they.  I figured the same pants being worn by both players yesterday was just a hiccup relating to the Addidas manufacturing issues.  Or is what Dressler/Legget wore going to be our standard get up this season?

In an interview after the launch Wade Miller said gold pants for home and away.

Drew Edwards reveals himself as a person of taste and distinction by agitating for a return to the Argos' boat logo.

But he's wrong about the Als' duds. The Als look fantastic and didn't need to change. It's tricky to balance two primary colors like that on a jersey and not have it look busy or garish.

(I am an expert about these things because my wife and I will spend hours customizing uniforms in Madden.)

Edited by johnzo

5 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

The mock-ups are fan-made, as far as I know. And the Twitter photo above is Photoshopped, too.

Gold pants are the only pants (at least for now).

24 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It was not photoshopped it was taken from the Bomber website

Which I saw as well but the one with the blue pants was taken down shortly thereafter. Hmmmm ... perhaps Wade said "we're going gold pants" and that was it :)

11 minutes ago, comedygeek said:

Didn't know the mock-ups you posted were from the Bomber website, which is incredibly odd given that they're not using blue pants.

I don't think it was odd. They were just mock-ups. The Riders' mock-ups had the tramp stamp on the back of the jersey but they weren't on the ones the players wore at the unveiling.

Let's not get greedy iso.  We've been clamoring for royal blue and gold for 2 decades and now Wade Miller and the Winnipeg Football Club have finally delivered.  Let's take some time to just be happy we got our royals back, or at least be content. :)

To be honest, the away jerseys are starting to grow on me. I think they are going to look very good on the TV screen.

I'm also very glad they didn't go with blue pants.

Sometimes I am quick to complain, so in this case I think I should give credit where credit is due. In my opinion Wade Miller gets an A+ for his efforts.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Seemed to be a pretty steady lineup for jersey preorders at fan fest today. The freebies make up for the delay well, imo. I scored myself a nice Westerman jersey tee & hat.

That and free hot dogs make it a dream afternoon ;) 

And of course, you supplied the Pop!

22 hours ago, iso_55 said:

No complaints Dascow. Considering what the team has worn in the past. Lowest point ever had to be the blue camos...

I agree iso.  For me I think it was the culmination of not getting our royal blues and getting those monstrosities instead.  lol

What's interesting for me though, is now that we have the royal blue unis back, I am ok with anything for the 3rd jersey.  I don't mind now if they try some new and crazy design schemes, because I'll always have the royals to go back to.  So...go nuts Winnipeg Football Club. :D

Edited by Dascow

On 5/16/2016 at 8:58 PM, TrueBlue said:

Pants will indeed be gold and only gold. Blue pants are not in the plans.

See there is a football god after all.

Not sure I am a big fan of the whites with so much blue up top but it's huge improvement.

And the CFL/BB never disappoint what would this league be without those quaint screw ups ...... Can I buy one .....errr Sorry not yet sir ! :)