Royal Blue uniforms are officially back!!

bb.king

Until this team becomes a playoff contender & a serious threat to win a Grey Cup, I'll stick to legend's names. maybe I'll get a new #2 Clements or a #27 Raimey Royal Blues as both wore them with pride. Or maybe a #54 Minnick jersey. Great linebacker. If he had played on a  better team & didn't have knee issues he'd have been up there with the great middle linebackers who played in the CFL during the late 60's & early 70's like Wayne Harris. You know, the more I think about it, the more I like #54... (He missed 2 full seasons with his knees) but when he came back for 1 final season in 1972, he switched to #52. But he was #54 in the 65 GC  & all the way thru the 69 season. So I'll stick with that number. Yep, just made up my mind. ;)

Edited by iso_55

3 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Oh I know. But I wanted to support our homegrown Winnipeg boy. Plus the RB spot has always been my fav position. I'm hopeful that he does well this season.

Harris is a great back so it's an excellent choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Gave my friend my tickets to the pre-season game since I could not make it. She won the 50/50 draw, and has bought me a new jersey as a thank you. Road jersey, with "True Blue" name on top, #4 and, you guessed it, "ever" underneath the number. Will complement my retro "Clements" home jersey and my soon to be purchased autographed Drew Willy home jersey in last year's style. Wouldn't have bothered with the last one except for the autograph and the reduced price. 

On 17 June, 2016 at 6:24 PM, iso_55 said:

I'd have given you some of that 50/50 money as a token of appreciation as you gave her the tickets... How much did she win?

Technically, she is giving me some of the money with the jersey. She and another work friend went together, split the cost of the ticket, and each walked away with over $13,000. Totally happy for both of them, that's a lot more significant amount to each of them than it would be for me, so really thrilled about it. And they also took some of from work out for drinks to celebrate and paid for my night, including dinner, and are both paying for the jersey. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Technically, she is giving me some of the money with the jersey. She and another work friend went together, split the cost of the ticket, and each walked away with over $13,000. Totally happy for both of them, that's a lot more significant amount to each of them than it would be for me, so really thrilled about it. And they also took some of from work out for drinks to celebrate and paid for my night, including dinner, and are both paying for the jersey. 

You're a good person for being this way. I'm sure there are people out there who'd have sued to get their chunk of the pie.

On 6/16/2016 at 5:00 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Gave my friend my tickets to the pre-season game since I could not make it. She won the 50/50 draw, and has bought me a new jersey as a thank you. Road jersey, with "True Blue" name on top, #4 and, you guessed it, "ever" underneath the number. Will complement my retro "Clements" home jersey and my soon to be purchased autographed Drew Willy home jersey in last year's style. Wouldn't have bothered with the last one except for the autograph and the reduced price. 

You should sue her for the money!!!

The 50/50 ticket does not come with a game ticket.   Had TrueBlue4ever gone to the game, there is no guarantee he would bought a 50/50 ticket at the same time or from the same sales person as she did, and therefore it does not mean he would have won.

There is no law suit to be had here.

It is cool she gave something back to you.

5 hours ago, Rich said:

The 50/50 ticket does not come with a game ticket.   Had TrueBlue4ever gone to the game, there is no guarantee he would bought a 50/50 ticket at the same time or from the same sales person as she did, and therefore it does not mean he would have won.

I tried to get Andrew Swan to split a 50/50 ticket with me on the bus ride to the pre-season game.  He didn't want to.  He was going to be my good luck charm.

9 hours ago, Rich said:

People have sued for lotto ticket winnings in the past.

Edited by iso_55

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

People have sued for lotto ticket winnings in the past.

The equivalent would be trying to sue for lotto ticket winnings because you happened to be the reason the person was in the store when they bought their ticket. Like, you dropped them off there, or you asked them to go pick up milk at the store.

Congrats to your friend, @TrueBlue4ever! (And on getting a night out and some new Blue & Gold duds.)

17 hours ago, Rich said:

Ah damn, I was definitely 100% serious about him suing her!

On 6/16/2016 at 1:31 PM, TrueBlue said:

Jerseys are officially in store as of this morning and on the racks.  All pre-orders should be ready within the next couple of days.

Does anyone know if they're going to call people to tell them they're in or do we just show up and demand our products be given to us IMMEDIATELY or else we will have to make a STAND!!!!...outside their door and wait patiently.

15 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Does anyone know if they're going to call people to tell them they're in or do we just show up and demand our products be given to us IMMEDIATELY or else we will have to make a STAND!!!!...outside their door and wait patiently.

I'm curious too. I would like to pick my jersey up before Friday's game.