Bombers FA Signings 2016

Noeller

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

whats the word on Patton? how'd he go from an every day return man to cfl tryout?  just too many burners down south?

He got hurt. But imop he wasnt a dangerous returner more of a steady guy whose easily replaceable. Thats why i compared him to sutherland a fast guy who wasnt particularly dangerous and returned kicks for a year then was just gone.

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He got hurt. But imop he wasnt a dangerous returner more of a steady guy whose easily replaceable. Thats why i compared him to sutherland a fast guy who wasnt particularly dangerous and returned kicks for a year then was just gone.

cool thanks for the insight.

Did we already talk about this?

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/03/15/bombers-add-receiver-tevin-reese/

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International wide receiver Tevin Reese.

Reese (5-10, 170, Baylor, January 2, 1991 in Temple, TX) was originally drafted in the seventh round of the 2014 NFL Draft by San Diego. He was signed to the Cincinnati Bengals practice roster in September of 2014, and remained on their practice roster for the season. Reese played collegiate football at Baylor, where he had a standout career for the Bears. Over his four year tenure there, Reese hauled in 187 receptions, for over 3,102 yards and 24  touchdowns. Those numbers rank him third in school history for a receiver.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I also remember this guy from when he was with the Bengals. I'll look it up after work unless somebody else wants to but I'm pretty sure he's got potential to be the deep ball threat we've been needing. This could be the guy to push Denmark out, if it's who I'm thinking of.

There was some guy on the Bengals who averaged something ridiculous like 50 or 60 yards on all his touchdown catches in college. Total YAC monster. I think that's this guy.

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I also remember this guy from when he was with the Bengals. I'll look it up after work unless somebody else wants to but I'm pretty sure he's got potential to be the deep ball threat we've been needing. This could be the guy to push Denmark out, if it's who I'm thinking of.

There was some guy on the Bengals who averaged something ridiculous like 50 or 60 yards on all his touchdown catches in college. Total YAC monster. I think that's this guy.

Bauming was tweeting that this guy has some sort of NCAA record for "Most Catches Longer Than 40 Yards" or some such thing....so yeah, that sounds like this guy. 

Don't know about that the Bomber brass wants Denmark out or not but what I do know is that our receivers sucked last year so if we can either get them to step up their game or get someone better to replace them, I'm fine with that. I love Denmark but I love the Bombers more.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks like they are loading up on receivers for mini-camp.  Bet a bunch don't make it to main camp.

i never get cuts before TC cut down day. But We have seen some guys look all world in mini camp and never even seem to show up to main camp.

Its early but WR looks like the position battle to watch this year.