Coaching Staff 2016

Goalie

On February 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Jpan85 said:

Saw Darren Cameron tweet out today that will announce that this week or next

I was looking for an update on the coaching staff and saw Darren Cameron's original tweet. He said within the next few weeks, not this week or the next.

7 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

What major coaching positions are empty?

Special Teams coach unless O'Shea does that himself.

DB's and WR's.  Maybe an additional coach somewhere.  Paul Charbonneau was assistant OL coach but he's gone now so there could be room for a 'quality control' guy or other assistant somewhere.

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

One of the concerns about LaPo when he was HC was that he tried to do too much himself and failed to delegate. Hopefully he has learned from that and this isn't him taking on too much again.

I somehow doubt a former HC is going to be overburdened by going his current duties and coaching up the receivers.. seeing as he will be working with said receivers on a regular basis anyway..

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I somehow doubt a former HC is going to be overburdened by going his current duties and coaching up the receivers.. seeing as he will be working with said receivers on a regular basis anyway..

Every OC works with his receivers on a regular basis and they still need a receivers coach.

13 minutes ago, holoman said:

I'm ok with Lapolice being the Receivers coach, but if O'Shea is the STC again, we may not see the improvement that we all expect. 

Do you mean improvement from end-point last year? Because, there was noticeable extra special teams play improvement when MOS took over last year. There will be improvement again this year, I feel, because I would suspect the HC doesn't want it to be a distraction like it was last year. I would prefer someone else handle the duties, at least an assistant, but, even though his name is not Chris Jones...he can handle it.

IMO... Coaching is a full time job and every time you give more than 1 full time job to a coach you're making them work twice as hard and dividing their focus. I'd rather a rookie receivers coach to handle the day to day with PLAP doing the top end work than PLAP doing both jobs full time. Same goes for O'Shea as the HC/STC. BTW: Yes... I know other coaches do it at a high level, but I'm not convinced that either PLAP or O'Shea are able to do 2 full time jobs.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Do you mean improvement from end-point last year? Because, there was noticeable extra special teams play improvement when MOS took over last year. There will be improvement again this year, I feel, because I would suspect the HC doesn't want it to be a distraction like it was last year. I would prefer someone else handle the duties, at least an assistant, but, even though his name is not Chris Jones...he can handle it.

There was also noticeable improvement when Ian Wild returned to the lineup.