O-line & D-line

Blueballz

O-line we have Bryant, Goosen, Chungh and probably Daniels pencilled in. So then what? Do we burn a Import at LG and what options if we went to battle today?

B.Turner had an off year last season, can and do we hope he bounces back? 

Who do we get to compliment Westerman? (And why is he absent from our roster on the website) personally I wouldn't mind Alex Hall back.

21 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

O-line we have Bryant, Goosen, Chungh and probably Daniels pencilled in. So then what? Do we burn a Import at LG and what options if we went to battle today?

B.Turner had an off year last season, can and do we hope he bounces back? 

Who do we get to compliment Westerman? (And why is he absent from our roster on the website) personally I wouldn't mind Alex Hall back.

I would hope we don't burn an IMP at OG until Neufeld gets hurt in game 2 or 3. I think our draft will see us taking to NI OL with our first two picks. I am not sure what we do on the DL but I am positive that after FA it will look somewhat different. The BlueBomber official and CFL official rosters on their respective websites both list Westerman.

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I would hope we don't burn an IMP at OG until Neufeld gets hurt in game 2 or 3. I think our draft will see us taking to NI OL with our first two picks. I am not sure what we do on the DL but I am positive that after FA it will look somewhat different. The BlueBomber official and CFL official rosters on their respective websites both list Westerman

I hope we go after Wattman or Mitchell as the 6th OL/replacement for Neufeld when he gets hurt and use our top pick for a OL. 3 NI's isn't enough especially with Neufeld being one of them.

I'd love to see Capicciotti or Laurent in Bomber Blue but I suspect the Bombers won't do that, preferring instead to spend our FA $ on Medlock and Harris.

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I hope we go after Wattman or Mitchell as the 6th OL/replacement for Neufeld when he gets hurt and use our top pick for a OL. 3 NI's isn't enough especially with Neufeld being one of them.

I'd love to see Capicciotti or Laurent in Bomber Blue but I suspect the Bombers won't do that, preferring instead to spend our FA $ on Medlock and Harris.

I hope we go O-line too...but if we go all in with Laurent I won't be upset

Mitchell?  He's not a CFL player.

Unfortunately all the decent (and that's hugely relative) free agent OL are centres with the exception of Andrew Jones.  Looks like Wojt is done due to injury.

This draft is light on OL, and the ones who are likely players are going to get NFL shots.

It would be foolish for the Bombers to construct their roster based on having 3 NI's starting on the OL this season IMO.  The goal should be to beef up the roster in general in terms of NI's and build a real good OL around 2 NI's.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Watman would be a good choice but I think Laurent and Capioccotti will be too expensive for them to better fill their roster openings. Bulcke might be a good option for us..

It's easy to say "go OL in the draft" but the horses have to be there and this year, they just might not be.

There are only 5 rated in the current "top 20", which doesn't necessarily mean much but there isn't a ton of talent beyond that either. It's a weak year for the OL. St. John and Vaillancourt are likely going to get NFL looks, Guy is a question mark in every aspect and Gagnon/Seguin are both question marks in terms of standalone value - they play on a fairly complete OL but are they anything better than just serviceable pros? Can they hold their own at the combine?

This draft is going to be a key one - I'm calling it right now that only a couple teams are going to walk out of this thing as winners. There isn't a ton of talent out there and having taken Waggoner already is actually looking more and more like a good move every day. I can't even imagine who I would want at #1 or #2 right now, Smith/Onyemata will get NFL looks, Abdesmad is talented but a big injury risk who pushed his draft year due to health concerns - he would've maybe gone in the 10-15 range last year and is rated 3rd this year.

As always, the picture will clear itself up after the combine and after we get the full scope of talent that is eligible (seems like more and more players are becoming late entries in recent years) but right now, this is not a fantastic draft. Guys I was liking in the 9/10 range originally seem more like top 5 picks (Corney/Loffler) and I think you might see us make a move like WR/DL with our first two picks ... or even package them to trade for a proven guy.

I can see us packaging our 2 pics for a proven....Senseless moving up so that 's most likely what we'll do...Sure like the sounds of Vaillancourt but he'll likely be a pick that someone sits on, waiting for his nfl try out to end...I guess things could change, IF.. a big if , we could pick up Bourke in fa...He'd be a short time solution for our o line but something tells me he'll re-up with the Als.....Someone could offer him a lot more than Popp, but he's not a long time solution even if he decides to pull the pin in Mont.  

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It's easy to say "go OL in the draft" but the horses have to be there and this year, they just might not be.

There are only 5 rated in the current "top 20", which doesn't necessarily mean much but there isn't a ton of talent beyond that either. It's a weak year for the OL. St. John and Vaillancourt are likely going to get NFL looks, Guy is a question mark in every aspect and Gagnon/Seguin are both question marks in terms of standalone value - they play on a fairly complete OL but are they anything better than just serviceable pros? Can they hold their own at the combine?

This draft is going to be a key one - I'm calling it right now that only a couple teams are going to walk out of this thing as winners. There isn't a ton of talent out there and having taken Waggoner already is actually looking more and more like a good move every day. I can't even imagine who I would want at #1 or #2 right now, Smith/Onyemata will get NFL looks, Abdesmad is talented but a big injury risk who pushed his draft year due to health concerns - he would've maybe gone in the 10-15 range last year and is rated 3rd this year.

As always, the picture will clear itself up after the combine and after we get the full scope of talent that is eligible (seems like more and more players are becoming late entries in recent years) but right now, this is not a fantastic draft. Guys I was liking in the 9/10 range originally seem more like top 5 picks (Corney/Loffler) and I think you might see us make a move like WR/DL with our first two picks ... or even package them to trade for a proven guy.

This is really shaping up to be a draft to trade out of if at all possible.  Forced oline picks arent gonna help us. If any thing in a draft like this Id consider serviceable reaches earlier. Sters and role guys. Im super excited to see what waggoner can do too. Think he's gonna be a gooder.

I hope goosen is ready to be an every game starter but I think we need to be looking for 2 guards with one hole to fill and a battle at the other spot. I dont think that hole would likely come in the draft right away most years any how. Weve been spoiled with a few bumper crops ins a row of prospects.