Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

On 5/13/2016 at 11:47 AM, IC Khari said:

Dressler for Denmark, I think we win that trade ;)

I think Jones Ego is going to blow him and this team up.

He's putting his own mark on this team and letting his ego get in the way of retaining quality players from the old regime without his stamp of approval. Yea sure Durant but my guess he would have pulled the pin on him as well but cupboard is empty on available QB's.

On May 14, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Bigblue204 said:

That would be a nice starting 5, but fuller and dressler have missed a good chunk of time due to injuries.

Are you saying Dressler has missed a lot of time due to injury? With the exception of 2014 where he played in the NFL he has missed 12 games in 7 seasons. And I'm not even sure those 12 were due to injury or not. 

35 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Are you suggesting he isn't a good kicker? Or are you just trying to be funny? Either way its a fail.

Well if you're saying drafting him in the third round is a fail, I agree :D. Not saying he isn't or won't be a good kicker, but considering the positional needs the riders have, kicker is a reach that high in the draft. I doubt anyone else takes him because every team seems set at kicker so you wasted a pick you could have used on a positional need for something you could have had anyway. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/tampa-bay-buccaneers-draft-roberto-aguayo-reaction. And yes ... I thought it was funny, anytime the Riders mess up it brings joy to my heart ;)

Edited by IC Khari

12 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Well if you're saying drafting him in the third round is a fail, I agree :). Not saying he isn't or won't be a good kicker, but considering the positional needs the riders have, kicker is a reach that high in the draft. I doubt anyone else takes him because every team seems set at kicker so you wasted a pick you could have used on a positional need for something you could have had anyway. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/tampa-bay-buccaneers-draft-roberto-aguayo-reaction. And yes ... I thought it was funny, anytime the Riders mess up it brings joy to my heart ;)

Ok so the basis of your joke is the Riders picked him too high in the draft? That we had glaring other more important holes that should have been filled? Or that its so easy to get a kicker there is no need to draft one?  All I have to say to that is Justin Medlock.

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Ok so the basis of your joke is the Riders picked him too high in the draft? That we had glaring other more important holes that should have been filled? Or that its so easy to get a kicker there is no need to draft one?  All I have to say to that is Justin Medlock.

Ummm, where did I say not to draft him? But go ahead, draft a kicker number one next year ;), I'd love to see it. You won't need to, but because the Riders never make mistakes and Joe Mack it once and awhile, I'm sure that will be the best thing that ever happened to them in your opinion. And all I have to say to you about that is Mo Price LOL ...

Edited by IC Khari

17 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think Jones Ego is going to blow him and this team up.

He's putting his own mark on this team and letting his ego get in the way of retaining quality players from the old regime without his stamp of approval. Yea sure Durant but my guess he would have pulled the pin on him as well but cupboard is empty on available QB's.

Ego-Jones has a nice ring to it.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Rider fan comes to WBB message board to cry about Rider jokes. Go away troll. We have the strongest distaste for your kind here... 

Who's crying? This is a cfl discussion thread so I'm not trolling either. I can take it just fine, but I'll be returning fire. It seems you guys are the ones who can't take it.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ripper. Bro. Like Elsa says... let it go. 

Interesting about Knox. O'shea going over his options. Wonder if a guy like Alex Suber is an option? 

First name that came to mind was Hefney, maybe just because he recently retired I suppose. Either one might be a option

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hefney not completely healed yet. I know.. coach but I'm not sure that is a good idea if he isn't fully healed 

I like the defense to play on the edge and hit hard when they get a chance. I mentioned Hefney because who better to teach it than someone who played that way. I also have a fondness for bringing former players back to coach. I think they are emotionally engaged more than a outsider would generally be.