Congrats to Joe Pascucci

Fred C Dobbs

Darren Cameron @Darren_Cameron 3h3 hours ago

Congratulations to @Pascucci015 on induction into Canadian Football HOF. He's done a helluva lot for this franchise - well deserved.

Joe joins a long list of Winnipeg reporters in the media section of the CF HOF. From Knuckles and Ed Tait, going back to Tony Allen (who was sports editor of the Tribune when Vince Leah was a copyboy). A greatly deserved honour.

My everlasting memory of Pascucci is him getting into it with Milt in the locker room and trying to compare his "junior hockey" background to Milt's football background...

I thought that was Beauregard from CBC?

Ooooo...now that you mention it........that could be. Hmmmm...got my little men mixed up.....

My everlasting memory of Pascucci is him getting into it with Milt in the locker room and trying to compare his "junior hockey" background to Milt's football background...

It was Mike ... crazy incident, and he was a goalie in junior hockey ...

I loved that sports show too but that was before TSN and other sports networks were in every home.  Now you can get sports highlights almost 24/7. It was pioneering stuff at the time and a lot of the anchors later ended up on national stations too.

Am I the only guy Pascucci was friendly to?  Congrats.

I called him up once in the early 90s was nice to me.

Did they kill the sports show after the Jets left? Roughly the same period.

I loved that sports show too but that was before TSN and other sports networks were in every home.  Now you can get sports highlights almost 24/7. It was pioneering stuff at the time and a lot of the anchors later ended up on national stations too.

Am I the only guy Pascucci was friendly to?  Congrats.

I called him up once in the early 90s was nice to me.

Did they kill the sports show after the Jets left? Roughly the same period.

They did it with every Global station across Canada. Calgary had a 30 minute sports show for years & it was gone as well. Now Global Calgary gives it roughly seven minutes in the hour they do their late news. 

It was Mike ... crazy incident, and he was a goalie in junior hockey ...

One of the funniest moments in local sports TV I can recall was during the Moose playoff run in 09 when they had Shaw covering the Calder Cup Finals.  They had Lawless and I think Munz calling the game and during the second intermission they were having a "panel discussion" with Beauregard back at the studio.   Mike was speaking his mind, and they cut back to the rink, and Lawless goes on to say something like 'well, none of us really care what some pip squeak goalie from the valley has to say', and they cut back to the studio to see Mike just dumbfounded and speechless.  Was truly public access TV gold!  haha