Dominique Davis Named Starting QB vs Argos

Noeller

hell no. but I'd take a Wally or Huff.  My point about being on the same page is 1 guy doing dual role knows what/who he wants and is the guy to go out and get them in reference to the who has a say on who is brought in the GM or HC.  But i also feel it can have a negative impact as both jobs can be compromised a little by the juggling of time and duty

How about because Davis is a raw rookie and RUSHING QBS TENDS TO RUIN THEM MORE OFTEN THAN NOT

Didn't seem to be the case in BC, Hamilton or Sask this year.

Happens all the time. Look at Cato in Montreal, he got figured out and was exposed. Sask was terrible despite Smith showing som flashes but he go exposed and then had Glenn to shelter him a bit more. BC Jennings is still in the honeymoon phase, that often ends like ti did with Marve here. Guys might come in and have a bit of initial success but the ones that don't see that dip are rare indeed. 

How about because Davis is a raw rookie and RUSHING QBS TENDS TO RUIN THEM MORE OFTEN THAN NOT

Happens all the time. Look at Cato in Montreal, he got figured out and was exposed. Sask was terrible despite Smith showing som flashes but he go exposed and then had Glenn to shelter him a bit more. BC Jennings is still in the honeymoon phase, that often ends like ti did with Marve here. Guys might come in and have a bit of initial success but the ones that don't see that dip are rare indeed. 

Davis spent quite a bit of time in the pocket...wouldn't you rush too if you had our Oline...O coordinator...and receivers with dropsies?

Davis spent quite a bit of time in the pocket...wouldn't you rush too if you had our Oline...O coordinator...and receivers with dropsies?

Rushing in the sense that you're putting too much on a guys plate before he's ready to handle it. 

That's not a rushing QB problem in the CFL, it's just a inexperienced QB problem in the CFL. This is a hard league on passers.

Why did they bother even dressing Brohm last night? They would have been better served to leave him behind to pack and dressed another special teams person.

Wait till MOS brings him back next year

Wouldnt it technically be up to Walters to bring back a player??

No I would think it is up to the coach who he wants back.You think someone tells Huffer who should play for him?

Bad example... Hufnagel is also the GM...[/quoteOk] Ok Milanovich Austin when he was at Sask we could go on and on any good coach makes the final decision who plays and who goes this ain't rocket surgery here.

That's not a rushing QB problem in the CFL, it's just a inexperienced QB problem in the CFL. This is a hard league on passers.

made harder by guys being rushed. 

Brohm not taking a rep last game says he's done as a bomber. He won't even be at camp.

As for Davis... nor surprised at the should have played him earlier in the year comments. Welcome to Winnipeg really... your a rookie? So what... go out and win and if you don't just **** off... people wonder why we can't develop qbs... it's because fans always think the next guys the best guy... Dinwiddie got this treatment.... Marve got it.... plenty of others.... too many to count and where are they now..... pumping gas somewhere. I liked Mike Kelly. .. he was refreshing and honest... the one thing he did that made me go yup... love this guy was listen to the fans one game... we want... he played him.. he sucked... we want... he played him.. he sucked. Thought people would learn that you don't throw a QB to the wolves too early after that but here we are.. years later and still haven't learned.

Are football fans in winnipeg really as knowledgeable as ppl say we are? I'm starting to think NO.

And look how successful we were with the quarterbacks we have so carefully groomed for the past couple of seasons.

We haven't had a coach or GM in place to carefully groom anyone and that's part of the problem. coaches get fired and they bring in a whole slew of new players or they throw them into the deep end too soon and they sink to the bottom. 

And look how successful we were with the quarterbacks we have so carefully groomed for the past couple of seasons.

We haven't had a coach or GM in place to carefully groom anyone and that's part of the problem. coaches get fired and they bring in a whole slew of new players or they throw them into the deep end too soon and they sink to the bottom.

Um until Lyle brought in Kelly and royally ****** this team up our GM position was pretty stable. Coach not so much but you can thank Lyle for that. However, the QB pool was fairly stable, we just never actually found decent back up talent. They were patient and groomed lots of players but when push came to shove they sucked. No matter how much you baby and coach a QB it ALWAYS comes down to whether or not they can cut it. Eventually they have to go on the field and prove they have the skills.

Davis didn't remind anyone of the second coming of Doug Flutie or Ronnie Lancaster, but he looked like he knew what he was doing, tossed a few good passes and generally made some good decisions. In short, he looked way better than Brohm ever did or Marve. Better than our Edmonton retread. So how come it takes this far into the season before he gets a chance? Had he been eased into the lineup, he certainly would not have been worse than Brohm on Brohm's best day, and that realization means that whoever was making that decision was totally incompetent and needs to be given the bum's rush.

somebody on the team appears to be a bad evaluator of who has the ability to play. Same thing goes for some of the wierd stuff on defence.... cutting guys that played well, playing guys that didn't.

That's what I'm starting to think. They can't tell the good players from the bad.

I was questioning why this guy wasn't playing earlier & got soiled on by people who just buy into Mike O'Shea being this great coach in development. The guy isn't a head coach, sadly. He should be back in Toronto coaching the Argos special teams.

Davis looked okay. He over threw too much. Kinda disappointed he did not run better. Has a runner's physique but I think Willy runs faster.

Long live the new #3.

What is a runners physique?

I don't know about physique, but the stereotype says that black QB's are generally expected to be able to run. Instead he looked like Kevin Glenn out there lol. 

Davis looked okay. He over threw too much. Kinda disappointed he did not run better. Has a runner's physique but I think Willy runs faster.

Long live the new #3.

What is a runners physique?

I don't know about physique, but the stereotype says that black QB's are generally expected to be able to run. Instead he looked like Kevin Glenn out there lol. 

I got a text during the game saying exactly this...ha ha. Couldn't believe he wasn't a better runner...