The Next Step to Excitement: Change the Safety Touch

BigBlue

In my opinion, the recent  rule changes including convert changes has added to the pleasure of our game.

Now I am suggesting that in our Canadian game (the NFL is totally different) we should score a safety as three points not two. It will thus reward  good defense and working for field position.

Right now, coaches can take away positional advantage earned by giving up what is little more than a rouge to put the other team back at about their own 40 yard line. Its like a reprieve .... Let a team earn its way out of a bad position, not give up a mere double rouge.

How many teams will give away 3 points instead of making the other team earn it?

Real football coaches will punt the ball and rely on good defense, not wimp out. Good teams will come back & score a TD not just a FG.

A 3 point safety touch will give us a better game instead of the modern non-traditional kick-off from the 25 yard line. Welcome back to old time football.

Didn't they move the kickoff back to the 25 yd line to further discourage teams from giving up a safety. It seems to me that this has somewhat reduced the number conceited by teams has it not?

I am not sure what the old rule was before the change but kicking off from the 25 is barely different from the 35 ... its a cheap way of buying yourself better field position

I would rather do away with that running around the end zone by punters or returners to kill time. I don't know why but that bothers the crap out of me.

I am not a fan of making rule changes to facilitate more/less scoring. I would much rather see changes to make sure the rules are applied fairly and without doubt.

Can we give out participation ribbons too?  And not keep score, but decide the game with a coin flip at the end?

IMO, if you want to watch a different game, go watch a different game.  

Dude, I think everyone should be a winner.  I vote no coin toss and everyone gets rewarded for just being on the field.  This would also allow us to field an all Canadian team.

Can we give out participation ribbons too?  And not keep score, but decide the game with a coin flip at the end?

IMO, if you want to watch a different game, go watch a different game.  

Dude, I think everyone should be a winner.  I vote no coin toss and everyone gets rewarded for just being on the field.  This would also allow us to field an all Canadian team.

No coin toss.  Both teams kick off at the same time.  No coverage teams.  Everyone having fun!

giphy.gif

The only change I want to see is the removal of the idiotic PI coaches challenge.  I still can't believe the league thought that would somehow improve the game. It's terrible and every time it happens I fight the urge (and sometimes lose) to turn the game off completely.

I would be fine with them starting the season a couple weeks earlier too. But don't really care since it's not like the Bombers have been hosting any November playoff games lately.  The cold weather games are kind of cool (haha!) in my opinion, since they're relatively rare. But on the other hand, the whole month of June would be a beautiful time of the year to be watching football outside.

The one rule I would like see changed is the rouge... not completely get rid of it but they should eliminate it after the 3 minute warning in the fourth quarter... nothing worse than a team winning when their kicker misses a FG or punts it through the end zone...

If you go into the 3 minute warning in a tie game... you should have to score real points to win...

I want to see the convert disappear. Touchdowns are worth seven points, but you can still try for the eighth point. Would help speed up the game imo.

What would you have to do for the eight point, and why wouldn't you always try it if there isn't a downside?   (ie. now the downside is getting no points instead of 1 point)

Or maybe this was your intention with the rule?