Canadian Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

OTTAWA - With Prime Minister designate Justin Trudeau preparing to announce a cabinet that is 50% women, researchers have discovered a sharp 5000% increase in the number of men who suddenly have strong opinions about how cabinet appointments should be a “meritocracy.”

Actually, I've been surprised at how many women I've talked to that are not happy about Trudeau's policy either. They don't want hand-outs, they want to be recognized as being just as good as men. Quotas in a lot of ways are slaps in the face to people as it tells them "you are only getting this job because of what you are, not who you are". But what's done is done. What happens in the next election and there are more women than men elected? Will a lot of extremely talented women be excluded from cabinet because of this policy? It really can be a double-edged sword.

I just love the irony of the quote coupled with your post... :)

Thank you for that- it made my day

And in other news, Rona Ambrose, one of the biggest spewers of MJ lies, will be the cons interim leader.

They could have done so much better.

The Conservatives seem to be obsessed with hair, so Rona was the obvious choice.

What is a MJ lie?

That she picks her nose a lot?  Doesn't brush her teeth?  I don't know.

If you read the article you referenced you would see that the reason for this is explained in the first paragraph.

"Five female members of the Liberal cabinet are actually ministers of state, considered more junior positions in federal cabinet that serve to assist full ministers. And they will make less money as a result.

According to a Liberal party source, Ministers of State are considered full ministers around the cabinet table. However, the pay scale for those ministers is different, with Ministers of State making $20,000 less per year."

Being the intrepid "journalist" that you are you would rather shout a headline into the wind and run onto the next one instead of examining the facts of the story.

If you read the article you referenced you would see that the reason for this is explained in the first paragraph.

"Five female members of the Liberal cabinet are actually ministers of state, considered more junior positions in federal cabinet that serve to assist full ministers. And they will make less money as a result.

According to a Liberal party source, Ministers of State are considered full ministers around the cabinet table. However, the pay scale for those ministers is different, with Ministers of State making $20,000 less per year."

Being the intrepid "journalist" that you are you would rather shout a headline into the wind and run onto the next one instead of examining the facts of the story.

Im not a journalist.  I did read the article.  Link was included in the tweet.  Do you need me to wipe your ass for you too? 

@JProskowGlobal: #BREAKING: Reports that the Obama administration will reject Keystone XL pipeline citing cilmate change concerns. Statement at 11:45ET.

They can cite climate change all they like but that's just out and out lying. They're trying to protect their own interests nothing more. I hate when climate change is used as a political tool. Call it what it is, don't want competition for the American oil production. 

Im not a journalist.  I did read the article.  Link was included in the tweet.  Do you need me to wipe your ass for you too? 

The quip at the bottom of your post suggested you hadn't.

The quip at the bottom of your post suggested you hadn't.

No the quip suggested I was making fun of Justin's silly answer to a serious question.

@JProskowGlobal: #BREAKING: Reports that the Obama administration will reject Keystone XL pipeline citing cilmate change concerns. Statement at 11:45ET.

They can cite climate change all they like but that's just out and out lying. They're trying to protect their own interests nothing more. I hate when climate change is used as a political tool. Call it what it is, don't want competition for the American oil production. 

I'm not sure if that's it. I think they're just buckling under to environmentalists.

I'm not sure if that's it. I think they're just buckling under to environmentalists.

Nah it's just better PR to use that reason when in reality it's all about caving to American oil interests. There are pipelines all over the US and they won't stop building them, but oil from Canada? No thanks. Score some PR points by bullshitting about climate change (a key tool for politicians these days)

I don't get the logic of saying you are blocking a pipeline due to climate change.  That oil is still going to come out of the ground, and it will still be transported.  If consumption of that oil is causing any kind of climate change, it's not going to stop just because it doesn't travel by pipeline. Instead, it will be transported by the much more dangerous method of rail, or even tanker truck.  That's not helping the environment at all.

A conspiracy theory buddy of mine explained why Warren Buffett backed the Democrats.  He's got huge investments in Canadian rail way companies.  Blocking pipelines and forcing oil to be transported by rail is just good business for him, and he can hide behind Obama who says that he wants to block pipelines to help the environment.  Everyone wins (except the occasional small town that gets incinerated by a derailment), and the trained seals clap along.

There are pipelines all over the US and they won't stop building them,

Correct!

if Obama didn't like Oil he wouldn't have approved drilling in the Arctic and off the East coast of the USA.

cnn

"

The greatest oil boom in this nation's history has occurred during the tenure of self-proclaimed environmentalist Barack Obama.

Under Obama, the steady drop in U.S. oil production which had occurred virtually unchecked since 1971 has been reversed. Crude oil production has risen every year of his administration. It has jumped 72% since he took office, producing about 3.6 million additional barrels a day during that time.

Oil production has grown so much that last summer the nation caught and passed Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer. Before Obama leaves office, domestic oil production could top the U.S. record set in 1970.

he's a complete phoney. through and through.

an explanation for keystone turndown

"Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp.’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.

“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Woolley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”

also read his company recently bought 25000 railway cars, don't know what kind.