Canadian Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

10 hours ago, Fraser said:

And I guess you forget  Harper running deficits  every year out of the recession when he had a majority? 

The guy was a terrible  financial  manager.  Only  budget  he balanced  was due to selling gm shares to try and put  some window dressing on a history  of terrible  financial  management. 

I think Harper's biggest mistake was not quitting as PM midway thru his term in order for someone else with less baggage to take his place. His ego wouldn't allow him to do the right thing.

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

There was no way for BC to keep up with Alberta's spending binge on their public service and we are so happy here in BC that our government was smart enough not to get sucked into that game.  When the BCTF made the foolish decision to go on strike here last year (the only union that went on strike, every one else settled) the teachers were holding up signs saying "Alberta teachers make 20% more" to which they were greeted continuously with "then move there if its so much better".   Seriously, why only compare BC wages to Alberta wages for teachers?  What about BC compared to Quebec?  Or Manitoba?  Or better yet - don't compare at all, and just accept your extremely generous salary, benefits and pension plan, and don't complain.  That's what taxpayers really want, in exchange for the cash that we pay into the education budget.  Just do your job, and educate our kids.  

There is no salary increase that could match the huge largesse that the NDP gave to the BCTF in 1998.   Giving unions the ability to decide how many teachers should be hired is the very definition of a conflict of interest.  The NDP deliberately abused the trust of taxpayers by offering it, and the BCTF showed they have no integrity by accepting it.  Which is one of the many reasons I don't trust the NDP, and I will never trust government unions.

The BCTF definitely messed up, I agree. Instead of taking money they took clauses that were not going to be sustainable. Now the back room deal is gone and their teachers are among the lowest paid in Canada. 

14 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The BCTF definitely messed up, I agree. Instead of taking money they took clauses that were not going to be sustainable. Now the back room deal is gone and their teachers are among the lowest paid in Canada. 

Seems my post on this has disappeared, for some reason.  Anyway, I don't agree with your last sentence and never will.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Seems my post on this has disappeared, for some reason.  Anyway, I don't agree with your last sentence and never will.

The teacher discussion has been moved to a new topic.  Your guys history of this topic went too far back in this thread for me to find the beginning of it to move it.  Please continue it there.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Patrick Brazeau interview.  He attempted suicide on Jan. 18 but thankfully he seems to have rediscovered his life in the process. 

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/exclusive+senator+brazeau+darkest+hour+people+down/11917913/story.html

Wearing a Redskins ball cap. The easily offended lefties trying to get the team name changed should see that. Ninety per cent of American Indians don't care about the name Redskins nor are they offended according to a poll released earlier this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it's true..but it is funny.

The Canadian Revenue Agency actually commented on this one.
Something to ponder ... but, worth a broad smile !Amazing, but true, if you think about it! The importance of accuracy in your tax return.

The CRA has returned the Tax Return to a man in Canada after he apparently answered one of the questions.
In response to the question, .. "Do you have anyone dependent on you?"
The man wrote: ... "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 millioncrackheads, 4.4 million unemployable scroungers, 80,000 criminals in over 85 prisons plus 450 idiots in Parliament, thousands of 'politicians' and an entire group that call themselves 'Senators'
The CRA stated that the response he gave was unacceptable.
The man's response back to CRA was, ... "Who did I leave out?

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Don't know if it's true..but it is funny.

The Canadian Revenue Agency actually commented on this one.
Something to ponder ... but, worth a broad smile !Amazing, but true, if you think about it! The importance of accuracy in your tax return.

The CRA has returned the Tax Return to a man in Canada after he apparently answered one of the questions.
In response to the question, .. "Do you have anyone dependent on you?"
The man wrote: ... "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 millioncrackheads, 4.4 million unemployable scroungers, 80,000 criminals in over 85 prisons plus 450 idiots in Parliament, thousands of 'politicians' and an entire group that call themselves 'Senators'
The CRA stated that the response he gave was unacceptable.
The man's response back to CRA was, ... "Who did I leave out?

The one thing you don't do is mess around with the CRA. The guy is a nutcase.