Canadian Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Here's my post bucko.

Doesn't sound to me that I'm speaking as a qualified expert...at all.

Sounds like I'm saying it sounds ridiculous to bring your own vehicles at an extra cost of $1.2 million.

So, do you have a point, or are you just being pissy?

Yeah I have a point, Bucko. I am saying you don't have a clue what security costs, and your entire opinion is politically biased. I am basing that on all of the bullshit you've posted about Harper in the past. But really who cares. The election is over, and I would hate to sound "pissy".

Well, you're wrong..again.

Just a simple statement on my part about the expense of transporting the vehicles.

That's it. Doesn't matter who was the PM.

You just want to spin something, wrong or not.

But you're still pissed that your boy lost the election and that he lost because all that "bullshit" was true.

Oh well.

I'm sure when the PM or President or other world leaders travel abroad they'd be able to rent or borrow armoured limos. But there is a reason they always prefer to use their own. And it's pretty obvious. Begrudging a leader his full security detail because it's not the party you support is small minded and petty.

I'm sure the prince will fly coach and insist on driving his own smart car when he travels.

Here's my post bucko.

Sounds like I'm saying it sounds ridiculous to bring your own vehicles at an extra cost of $1.2 million.

Yeah I have a point, Bucko. I am saying you don't have a clue what security costs, and your entire opinion is politically biased. I am basing that on all of the bullshit you've posted about Harper in the past. But really who cares. The election is over, and I would hate to sound "pissy".

Just a simple statement on my part about the expense of transporting the vehicles.

But you're still pissed that your boy lost the election and that he lost because all that "bullshit" was true.

Oh well.

I'm sure when the PM or President or other world leaders travel abroad they'd be able to rent or borrow armoured limos. But there is a reason they always prefer to use their own. And it's pretty obvious. Begrudging a leader his full security detail because it's not the party you support is small minded and petty.

I'm sure the prince will fly coach and insist on driving his own smart car when he travels.

You use the word "always" as if it is standard procedure.  I challenge you to find another instance were they transported a limo for a previous PM to use in a foreign country.  

KBF, I like reading some of the political discussion in this section, but I don't understand why you can't seem to have a conversation without calling the person who disagrees with you a fool, a loon, a jack-arse or some kind of other insult. Especially, after you criticized liberals for thinking they're so much smarter than everyone else in another thread.

If you want to post lies and utter bullshit about Harper, or anyone for that matter, be prepared to be called a jack-arse!  That's just how I roll.  If you don't like it, don't read my posts.  And better yet, don't post a bunch of bullshit.  I don't think I called you a loon for posting all of that legal baffle-gab about the niquab.  If I did I apologize.

Here's my post bucko.

Oh well.

You use the word "always" as if it is standard procedure.  I challenge you to find another instance were they transported a limo for a previous PM to use in a foreign country.  

I'm pretty sure I remember they used to fly around armored cars for Mulroney back during his tenure.  Of course, that was before the days of the internet so I couldn't find anything in a Google search.  I did find this article though:

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/windsor-star/20121107/281711201915365/TextView

From the sounds of the article, the RCMP threat assessment made the call to fly the limos over to India.  If the RCMP is telling you that you need armored cars, then what do you do?  Tell them to stick it?  I don't know.  Just seems to me to be crying over spilt milk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_building

I still don't understand why you need to always denigrate those people or ideas that you don't agree with? Seriously... eco-loons? Lefty-wingnuts and so forth. People who are passionate about specific things shouldn't be dismissed and marginalized for their beliefs.

So it's cool to call Harper every name under the sun, but if its an organization that you like then you can't call them names?  Is that what you are saying?  I really don't like the Sierra Club.  Sorry, but I don't.  And peddling "zero-energy" is just a huge lie.  Kind of like saying that Harper cut $36 billion from health care spending.

First off, those people that love Harper should not be marginalized or denigrated either- they fall under the passionate clause. 

Secondly, you call out leftywing nuts all the time yet you HATE it when people do that about other things... if you hate it so much and think that it is such an arsehole thing to do, why do it yourself? Are you "fighting fire w/ fire" or just using it as a convenient excuse to justify your denigrating?  Either way, smacks of hypocrisy to the ninth degree.

Thirdly, Zero-net energy is not a lie. You would understand this if you even bothered to read the definition. Manufacturing of materials do not factor into the idea. When up and running, you put back in to the grid what you use, though renewable energy sources.

And lastly, the 36 billion dollar health care cut is misleading. Technically it is a reduction in the increase of health care spending...

-If you are annually increasing the amount to healthcare spending it is an increase. BUt if you are increasing it on an annual basis to cover rising costs and offset increasing inflation and so on by a certain amount EVERY year, then cut back on the amount of increase... that my friend IS cutting back on healthcare spending.  

KBF, I like reading some of the political discussion in this section, but I don't understand why you can't seem to have a conversation without calling the person who disagrees with you a fool, a loon, a jack-arse or some kind of other insult. Especially, after you criticized liberals for thinking they're so much smarter than everyone else in another thread.

If you want to post lies and utter bullshit about Harper, or anyone for that matter, be prepared to be called a jack-arse!  That's just how I roll.  If you don't like it, don't read my posts.  And better yet, don't post a bunch of bullshit.  I don't think I called you a loon for posting all of that legal baffle-gab about the niquab.  If I did I apologize.

Defining things you disagree with as "bullshit" and things that at least have an element of truth "lies," and then using that as a proxy to name call the people behind those statements does not make them jack arses, like you label them though. It means you disagree with them.

Perfect example is you calling the posts I made earlier "baffle-gab." What I posted is the law. You can debate the merits of said law, but it is the law. It's not bullshit, a lie or "baffle-gab," just because you don't like it or because it proves something you said incorrect.

Here's my post bucko.

Oh well.

I'm pretty sure I remember they used to fly around armored cars for Mulroney back during his tenure.  Of course, that was before the days of the internet so I couldn't find anything in a Google search.  I did find this article though:

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/windsor-star/20121107/281711201915365/TextView

From the sounds of the article, the RCMP threat assessment made the call to fly the limos over to India.  If the RCMP is telling you that you need armored cars, then what do you do?  Tell them to stick it?  I don't know.  Just seems to me to be crying over spilt milk.

This is the most important fact for some of these people that just dont get it and cant see past their partisanship.  The RCMP is in charge of security not the PM.  I'd like to know if the PM (of any party) has ever interferred with the RCMP doing their job to protect the PM.

And lets be honest, if Harper had ever been attacked or assasinated, there are a number of people who would say "see, he got what he deserved and if he hadnt pissed people off it wouldnt have happened".  The same people who, if it happened to Justin, would say "the right wing nuts are afraid of positive change."

Yeah...its true.  Its damn true.

The celebrity renovators are weighing in:

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/mobile/major-overhaul-of-24-sussex-needed-to-create-healthy-home-renovation-expert-1.2638336?hootPostID=15613b69775241ff524fddf9cd0bfa9a

I agree with him that any renovation should be extensively filmed. They could probably get a network to find a chunk of the renovation that way actually.

Great idea .....  I think we need a PM of Canada reality tv show.

They could have Justin and spouse alarmed for various problems, maybe show them arguing about something.... could be a huge world wide hit, and pay for a lot of other stuff.

show the kids going to kindergarten, being cute when foreign leaders show up....

I like this.

cant get rid of italics for some reason.

As Bryan Baumler said in the story, he doesnt see it as a regular home reno show where the homeowner (PM in this case) ends up putting in tile to save a few bucks on budget, but that would be a "Canadian" thing to do...

But a series that traces the history of the home and its fall into dis-repair, how former PM's handled in and interesting stories.  And then ofcourse, the renovation.  Which really should likely be a gutting, as far as available information goes.

I could see a show like that generating pretty big ratings in Canada, plus interesting sponsors.  And I bet they could syndicate it to other countries too as its not every day the official residence of a world leader is renovated and the subject of a series like that.

If you use guys like Baummler, Holmes etc and have them lend their names and resources, you save even a few more bucks.  And it could generate some good will with Canadians about something we dont generally know a lot about (official residence).

Have the official opening coincide with the visit from a major head of state.  if they can get the President and Queen (or Prince) there at the same time, all the better.

I don't watch any of those home reno type shows, but I'd watch the **** outta Mike Holmes Fixes 24 Sussex.....

Nah. Holmes would go overboard. Somewhere along the lines, he lost touch with reality.

I'm thinking a Love it or List it show :)

But I'd be all for Baulmer doing it.

As long as his wife is in charge of the budget.  I like his shows where he builds his own houses.  Guys has some major coin and his wife has good taste.  She's also great to look at if that matters... ;-)