Tajh Boyd Released

TrueBlue

O'Shea said he was released because of off field issues. Do you really think that O'Shea would make stuff up in order to somehow save face? He doesn't strike me as a guy would would publicly lie about something as straight forward as releasing a guy of the PR, because there's no benefit to him or the organization in doing so.

It's always amusing to see how many people can try to find a conspiracy behind any situation.

I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value. And "off field issues" could be anything, including my theory.

And ya, O'Shea is nothing but forthcoming with the media

So explain to me exactly how the conspiracy that you put forward actually helps the Bombers in any way.  A player has been released from the PR.  It's done all the time for any number of reasons across the league.  How do you think that lying about the reason would help the Bombers?  I think that, given the fact that the league is so small and that eventually, other teams would find out the "real" reason, the Bombers would be taking a huge risk of looking like complete and total jackasses, willing to say anything, to lie about the reasons for releasing someone when they had no good reason to do so.  In that case, how do you think they'd be viewed across the league?   

But hey, I get it, conspiracy plots are way more fun that the boring old facts.  Personally, I heard that Miller ordered it because the real reason that Boyd was released was that he found out what the secret ingredient in booster juice is and he was getting ready to tell the world.  Soylent something or other...

O'Shea said he was released because of off field issues. Do you really think that O'Shea would make stuff up in order to somehow save face? He doesn't strike me as a guy would would publicly lie about something as straight forward as releasing a guy of the PR, because there's no benefit to him or the organization in doing so.

It's always amusing to see how many people can try to find a conspiracy behind any situation.

I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value. And "off field issues" could be anything, including my theory.

So explain to me exactly how the conspiracy that you put forward actually helps the Bombers in any way.  A player has been released from the PR.  It's done all the time for any number of reasons across the league.  How do you think that lying about the reason would help the Bombers?  I think that, given the fact that the league is so small and that eventually, other teams would find out the "real" reason, the Bombers would be taking a huge risk of looking like complete and total jackasses, willing to say anything, to lie about the reasons for releasing someone when they had no good reason to do so.  In that case, how do you think they'd be viewed across the league?   

But hey, I get it, conspiracy plots are way more fun that the boring old facts.  Personally, I heard that Miller ordered it because the real reason that Boyd was released was that he found out what the secret ingredient in booster juice is and he was getting ready to tell the world.  Soylent something or other...

Moreso than they have in the past couple of years?

Moreso than they have in the past couple of years?

2444947-2859974918-thePo.jpg

.  Personally, I heard that Miller ordered it because the real reason that Boyd was released was that he found out what the secret ingredient in booster juice is and he was getting ready to tell the world.  Soylent something or other...

Looking at Wade I was going to guess bacon grease.

I didn't really read your post but am guessing you disagree with me.  I have my theories and you can have yours. 

This thread is borderline insanity. A practice roster QB got released. Conspiracy theories about practice roster players.... just wow. You know... people go on at times about some crazy stuff on here but this pr QB getting released is a whole new level of ridiculousness. Saw a post the other day saying people are losing interest in the team...Only 14 people in chat they said... are they or are people just losing interest coming here and reading the same 5 or 6 maybe 7 people's posts. The chat during games is down because it's annoying lol reading the same people go on about the same things over and over. Just my 2 cents... I like this site here but man its become almost unreadable these past few months. So much conspiracy anger rage really... it's sports people.... entertainment... if you aren't entertained or whatever by it... why watch it and complain about it always. This season hasn't been good but it's almost or even is made worse because of all the constant raging that some do. Makes one hope the off season comes quickly.

This thread is borderline insanity. A practice roster QB got released. Conspiracy theories about practice roster players.... just wow. You know... people go on at times about some crazy stuff on here but this pr QB getting released is a whole new level of ridiculousness. Saw a post the other day saying people are losing interest in the team...Only 14 people in chat they said... are they or are people just losing interest coming here and reading the same 5 or 6 maybe 7 people's posts. The chat during games is down because it's annoying lol reading the same people go on about the same things over and over. Just my 2 cents... I like this site here but man its become almost unreadable these past few months. So much conspiracy anger rage really... it's sports people.... entertainment... if you aren't entertained or whatever by it... why watch it and complain about it always. This season hasn't been good but it's almost or even is made worse because of all the constant raging that some do. Makes one hope the off season comes quickly.

There's people on the other Bomber forum thinking the same as me. It's actually very a likely theory on what happened.

That returns us to tburg's question of how that saves us face?

Any team can can pull someone off of another team's PR. And any team can block that trade by putting them on their AR.

Because for that to work, Tajh has to want to leave Winnipeg and go to Montreal. PR's aren't like waiver claims.

So?  What does this have to do with your theory?  How is this any different than what the person you responded to posted?  Clearly he wants to be in Montreal, he just signed there.  All the other poster is saying is that the Bombers could have easily blocked it if they wanted to.  Clearly they didn't want to.

There's people on the other Bomber forum thinking the same as me. It's actually very a likely theory on what happened.

There are also people that think Elvis is still with us and the US was responsible for the 9/11 attacks in NY.  So what, exactly, is the evidence that supports your theory?

It's actually part of an elaborate and intricate plan concocted by the Bombers. Boyd is really a double agent who will gain the trust of the Al's coaches over the next couple weeks. Then, in their last game when all they have to do is beat the Rider's to get in to the playoff's, Boyd will get the start. He throws the game allowing the Bomber's to get in. After throwing a pick-6 on the last play to allow the Rider's to win, he will take off his Al's jersey to reveal a Bomber jersey, and Miller, Walters and O'Shea will swoop in with a helicopter to airlift him out. It could happen...

That returns us to tburg's question of how that saves us face?

Any team can can pull someone off of another team's PR. And any team can block that trade by putting them on their AR.

Because for that to work, Tajh has to want to leave Winnipeg and go to Montreal. PR's aren't like waiver claims.

So? What does this have to do with your theory? How is this any different than what the person you responded to posted? Clearly he wants to be in Montreal, he just signed there. All the other poster is saying is that the Bombers could have easily blocked it if they wanted to. Clearly they didn't want to.

O'Shea has publicly stated in the past that he won't keep players around who don't want to be here.

O'Shea has publicly stated in the past that he won't keep players around who don't want to be here.

So wait...  On the one hand you said "I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value." in reference to what O'Shea said about releasing Boyd and now you're quoting him to support your theory?  Pretty convenient way of trying to make your argument.  Not overly effective, but convenient.  I'm still waiting to hear what evidence supports your theory, by the way.

So wait... On the one hand you said "I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value." in reference to what O'Shea said about releasing Boyd and now you're quoting him to support your theory? Pretty convenient way of trying to make your argument. Not overly effective, but convenient. I'm still waiting to hear what evidence supports your theory, by the way.
I have no evidence, that's why it's called a "theory". If I had evidence it would be a "fact". I'm speculating.

In my opinion it's a likely theory, but it's just a theory.

And I'd think there are certain contexts where O'Shea is more likely to be truthful than not.

So wait... On the one hand you said "I also find it amusing to see how many people take things at face value." in reference to what O'Shea said about releasing Boyd and now you're quoting him to support your theory? Pretty convenient way of trying to make your argument. Not overly effective, but convenient. I'm still waiting to hear what evidence supports your theory, by the way.
I have no evidence, that's why it's called a "theory". If I had evidence it would be a "fact". I'm speculating.

Ah, so what you're doing is speculating.  And doing so without any evidence.  So essentially you are denigrating the character of the head coach, accusing him of lying to the media, without any basis whatsoever.  Nice.  I have a theory about people who do stuff like that, but I'll have the good taste not to expand upon it further.

Ah, so what you're doing is speculating. And doing so without any evidence. So essentially you are denigrating the character of the head coach, accusing him of lying to the media, without any basis whatsoever. Nice. I have a theory about people who do stuff like that, but I'll have the good taste not to expand upon it further.
Sounds great. And you keep on living your life believing everything you hear; and not thinking critically.

Ah, so what you're doing is speculating. And doing so without any evidence. So essentially you are denigrating the character of the head coach, accusing him of lying to the media, without any basis whatsoever. Nice. I have a theory about people who do stuff like that, but I'll have the good taste not to expand upon it further.
Sounds great. And you keep on living your life believing everything you hear; and not thinking critically.

Here.

Until someone in a position like a head coach gives you a reason to call him a liar, wouldnt it be prudent to think hes telling the truth? Considering how easily they could be caught in ANY lie due to the closeness and smothering tendencies of our media?

Also, if oshea has given you a reason to suggest he is a liar, please share.

And I'd think there are certain contexts where O'Shea is more likely to be truthful than not.

An opinion is something that someone believes to be true.

fact is something that is true.

Opinions or theories are borne from something. You dont just wake up and one day and spout out nonsense.

i also dont see why anyone would take offense as to being asked why you think that way. It wasnt an attack or a insult.. It was an attempt to engage in a discussion or debate