Glenn To Alouettes

Noeller

So after watching last nights debacle anyone still want to rush to Nichols defence? Yeah there were more problems than just him but he was pretty crap all on his own.

So after watching the Montreal debacle does anyone still want to rush to Glenn's defense? Yeah there were more problems than just him but he was pretty crap all on his own.
Well Nichols couldn't play after just joining a new team, Glenn could, still coming up Glenn.
Yes, because the circumstances between Winnipeg and Montreal were exactly the same, right?  And in any case, a loss is a loss is a loss, so the fact that they rushed Glenn out there lead to exactly the same result as us not rushing Nichols into action.  Dang that relentless logic.  Always getting in the way.

Exactly lol. He looked horrible cuz he had minimal reps with offense. Just like nichols woulda with minimal reps. If we did throw him into the breech, the same complainers would say we set him up to fail or hes obviously garbage, etc etc.. There is no winning with some posters here..

No, the point I'm making was that there was some suggestion that because Glenn was sent in with minimal reps, that that somehow makes him better/superior than Nichols.  But clearly, when looking at the results, it neither supports nor refutes the argument.  

The fact that the only real difference between Nichols with experience with his team and Glenn on a couple days practise was a few garbage time lipstick on a pig TDs would lend some weight to the argument that Glenn is superior... That's what this entire argument is about, Glenn is a better qb than Nichols and I haven't seen anything that supports the opposite being true. Nichols blew chunks against Ottawa and Glenn was terrible for Montreal, but at least Glenn has some excuses for it. 

Thank heavens Willy is coming back ... next season :(

But but but....we were promised he would be back in plenty of time for this season. Could it be that we have been hornswoggled?

All you had to do was to look up that type of injury to know they were BS'ing us. I think most of us knew.

Thank heavens Willy is coming back ... next season :(

But but but....we were promised he would be back in plenty of time for this season. Could it be that we have been hornswoggled?

All you had to do was to look up that type of injury to know they were BS'ing us. I think most of us knew.

Yup. I don't like being treated as if fans are dumb. We've had too much of that lately.

Some fans are dumb. They never did say he'd be back this season. They just gave the most optimistic time frame for recovery. Didn't happen. So be it.

Exactly. Optimistic time frame did not ever say "he will be back for sure before end of season.." Had his knee knitted quickly and he was able to tollerate the pain and uncomfortableness that would have come with a rush back, he would have or will but you cant get mad at the team, coaches, willy or medical staff if you choose to put words into peoples mouths..

Some fans are dumb. They never did say he'd be back this season. They just gave the most optimistic time frame for recovery. Didn't happen. So be it.

They said he would be back in 6-8 weeks over two months ago when everyone and their grand mother knew that wasn't true. They may not have outright said he'll be back this year, but it sure as hell was implied.

They said he would be back in 6-8 weeks over two months ago when everyone and their grand mother knew that wasn't true. They may not have outright said he'll be back this year, but it sure as hell was implied.

implied or percieved by people? Anyone following the team has heard of his updates and lack of progress..

regardless you really wanna cruicify someone for being optimistic??

I recall them saying that he could be back as early as 6-8 weeks.  "Could be back" is a lot different than "will be back"

Let's see, partial PCL tear in his right knee and a tibial plateau fracture. For those who don't know that means it's the top of his shin bone where it meets the femur (thigh bone) in the knee. That's why he can't put weight on it without limping. Maybe they said 6 - 8 weeks to give the fans hope? I don't expect him back this year but he should heal 100% for next.