Glenn To Alouettes

Noeller

With Glenn, locked up by Als thru 2016... and all teams seems set at the QB position... Walters should have no problem extending Nicholls. No #1 QB position is vacant.

EDM - Reilly

CGY - Mitchell

WPG - Willy

BC - Jennings/Lulay

SSK - Smith/Durant

HAM - Collaros/Mathews

TOR - Harris/Ray

OTT - Burris

MTL - Glenn

If MB is still the OC next year, the Bombers #1 QB position will be vacant after week 3, at the latest.

Only a 5th round pick being sent to Saskatchewan for Glenn. I'm surprised the price is that low.

It's almost the end of the season and the end of his contract. I'm glad we got anything for him. Many teams would have just waited until the off season to sign him.

Sounds good except he wasn't going to be a free agent. They had verbally agreed to an extension prior to the trade.

Only a 5th round pick being sent to Saskatchewan for Glenn. I'm surprised the price is that low.

It's almost the end of the season and the end of his contract. I'm glad we got anything for him. Many teams would have just waited until the off season to sign him.

Sounds good except he wasn't going to be a free agent. They had verbally agreed to an extension prior to the trade.

Ya about 5 minutes before the deal. No way the Riders wanted him back here. Montreal likely wanted some certainty

If Cato doesn't get hurt the Riders are left holding onto Kevin Glenn for the rest of the year and get nothing for him.

A 5th rounder for three games of Kevin Glenn is more than fair.

It's trade deadline day. Regina either got something for Glenn today or nothing for him.

This is not a good deal for Sask, considering Montreal wanted him. Sask. really had nothing to lose by requesting more. After all, that's all they really got...nothing.

I was afraid of this. This really hurts the Bombers playoff chances.

Or increases it. The weather is starting to turn which means KG is ready to start throwing terrible picks followed by the classic KG turtle and weak ass injury excuse like he always does. KG sucks and MTL can have him.
You can spin this however you like, but the bottom line is Glenn is a better QB than anyone the Als had.
Yeah I'll give you that but doesn't change KG's history of blowing it when all is on the line & blaming everyone but himself...

Led two teams to the Grey Cup, and probably won 2007 if healthy.

And still couldn't get it done with a great Calgary team and right after the game what did he say again??? Same old KG crap, oh it's not my fault I'm no leader, I'm only the starting QB...the defence rests. 2007 is woulda coulda but didn't play. Who knows...he probably would have crapped his pants in the 07 GC too.

Or increases it. The weather is starting to turn which means KG is ready to start throwing terrible picks followed by the classic KG turtle and weak ass injury excuse like he always does. KG sucks and MTL can have him.

You can spin this however you like, but the bottom line is Glenn is a better QB than anyone the Als had.

Yeah I'll give you that but doesn't change KG's history of blowing it when all is on the line & blaming everyone but himself...

And still couldn't get it done with a great Calgary team and right after the game what did he say again??? Same old KG crap, oh it's not my fault I'm no leader, I'm only the starting QB...the defence rests. 2007 is woulda coulda but didn't play. Who knows...he probably would have crapped his pants in the 07 GC too.

Did KG poke your girlfriend or what?

That's bad news for the Bombers play-off hopes.

While it does improve the QB situation, here's why I don't think it's the end of the world:

- Going to a new team, it's going to take time to learn a new playbook. Granted Glenn is a seasoned veteran, he still isn't going to have everything down pat by Sunday. On top of that Hamilton has a top two defence, so I wouldn't be surprised if this week is a struggle for him.

- Following that the team is on the road in Toronto, and on the road in Edmonton. Those will be two very difficult games for Montreal to win.

- The bad part is Montreal ends at home against Saskatchewan. Pretty much an automatic W. That being said even with Glenn, considering their schedule I think 1-3 is a very real possibility for them. The big issue is whether or not we'll be able to do our job these next three games. Personally I'm much more skeptical of that than anything Montreal may or may not do in terms of wins.

Did KG poke your girlfriend or what?

LOL...What?... I can't make an argument without someone thinking something like this? Nope, just trying to support my view of KG. Sure it might be a little biased but he's blown enough chances already to support it. Anyone also remember the 2008 playoff game against the Eskies? KG was brutal in that game too. There's a reason why nobody wants to keep him longer than 2 years and it's because he just can't get it done come playoffs.

Ya about 5 minutes before the deal. No way the Riders wanted him back here. Montreal likely wanted some certainty

Whether or not he was in the Riders plans for next year or not, isn't the issue. Montreal got the certainty they wanted but only paid the price for a short term rental. Saskatchewan could have gotten more (imo).

I was afraid of this.  This really hurts the Bombers playoff chances.

When did Glenn blame anyone? He has always kept his thoughts to himself. 

Often, I remember KG's post-game comments being about how football doesn't really matter, or saying how it wasn't his fault etc.  He never really owned up to mistakes or became a leader anywhere.  That's why he floats around.

Often, I remember KG's post-game comments being about how football doesn't really matter, or saying how it wasn't his fault etc.  He never really owned up to mistakes or became a leader anywhere.  That's why he floats around.

Okay Mr Expert Coach. Carry on.

I'd take Glenn as a backup to Willy... but I wouldn't want him starting for my team anymore. He's just not as good as he once was.

But then he'd end up starting for us. Everywhere KG goes, the starter gets hurt and early. KG must be doing some kind of Voodoo magic to make his in team competition get hurt...

Finally!  Someone who recognizes my greatness and unmatched Football knowledge.

Finally!  Someone who recognizes my greatness and unmatched Football knowledge.

I bow to your superior intellect. ;)