Brutal play calling costs us again..

bb1

Please note the OL didnt gave a single sack today.

But how many times was Nichols pounded and/or hurried into throwing the ball away?
Oddly enough, after Neufeld went out, the line settled down a bit and he (Nichols) seemed to stay upright .. Goosen at LG .. Capers at RT..

First half especially, untouched defenders teeing off on Nichols. Brutal. That has nothing to do with adjustments.

However if our kicker does his job today, 33 points is something I might have a hard time using as evidence to add to the already collected evidence thus far that supports canning our OC.

Just focusing on today in isolation, this game is not on MB.

But how many times was Nichols pounded and/or hurried into throwing the ball away?
Oddly enough, after Neufeld went out, the line settled down a bit and he (Nichols) seemed to stay upright .. Goosen at LG .. Capers at RT..

Neufeld got hurt? When? I didn't even notice. Not that anything about Neufeld getting hurt is a surprise.

First half especially, untouched defenders teeing off on Nichols. Brutal. That has nothing to do with adjustments.

However if our kicker does his job today, 33 points is something I might have a hard time using as evidence to add to the already collected evidence thus far that supports canning our OC.

You're going to have a hard time getting a lot of people who watched the first half to believe that.

Does MB get credit for Stoud returning a punt for a touchdown or a terrible RTP penalty against Edmonton? That takes away 10 of those possible 33 points.

Neufeld got hurt? When? I didn't even notice. Not that anything about Neufeld getting hurt is a surprise.

driving to the game with 7mins left in the 2nd they said on cjob neufeld collapsed on the sideline for a moment or 2 and once up they didnt even get anyone to check him on the sidelies just sent straight to the lockerroom

I feel numb almost past caring anymore. Am I the only one here? 4-10 & counting. I want to see changes with the coaching staff within a week of the end of the season. 

Not until after the Grey Cup and only if Miller gets his money to go out and get a real staff. Otherwise, expect more of the same.

This is all sad bull crap.

This was a football game. Drops, poor offence, questionable play-calling BUT that was a damn fine effort when all was said and done. Stoudermire made up for his gaffe. Moore made up do his gaffes. Nichols just about willed a win for us.

The Bombers played a damn good football game..as it turns out.

We all know why we lost. It sucks..big time, and it happens to us, more than humanly possible.

Don't care what you say..we beat that team tonight, even though it doesn't show in the standings.

We have been running up the gut all year over a minute to go then we decide not to run it up the gut at least once to run off the clock?Yea our kicker cost us but we still had a chance to win and all we had to do was run 50 sec off the clock.The Blue played hard though deserved better.

"Yea our kicker cost us" Ya think??? Hoo man... Just pat him on the head, give him a hug & say everything's okay. It's not okay.

This is all sad bull crap.

This was a football game. Drops, poor offence, questionable play-calling BUT that was a damn fine effort when all was said and done. Stoudermire made up for his gaffe. Moore made up do his gaffes. Nichols just about willed a win for us.

The Bombers played a damn good football game..as it turns out.

We all know why we lost. It sucks..big time, and it happens to us, more than humanly possible.

Don't care what you say..we beat that team tonight, even though it doesn't show in the standings.

Close counts only in horsehoes.

We have been running up the gut all year over a minute to go then we decide not to run it up the gut at least once to run off the clock?Yea our kicker cost us but we still had a chance to win and all we had to do was run 50 sec off the clock.The Blue played hard though deserved better.

"Yea our kicker cost us" Ya think??? Hoo man... Just pat him on the head, give him a hug & say everything's okay. It's not okay.
Well we can't execute him can we?The manure thing been done already.Whats left?

that's 24179 paid attendance doubt there were that many in the stands, likely around 20,000. I'm guessing many season ticket holders or corporate tickets were absent. Can't wait to see how many will be there on Oct 24th. With good weather around the same with bad a lot less.

Especially after getting thrashed by BC and Ottawa.

Crappy teams find a way to lose. Sure even one one of those four FG would have won the game but there were the usual undisciplined penalties, plenty of great punt returns wiped out by penalty, utterly useless offence for half the game, dropped passes, and so on and so on. Second week in a row where there is a convenient scapegoat that masked many other ways this hopeless team handed the win away. I take no solace AT ALL that it was close or whatever the positrons want to say. I saw a bad team lose again and unfortunately because of the Lirim excuse and the game being close I doubt any real changes of significance will be made and this team will remain either slighhtly below middling or the butt of the league.

Oh I also think that was the last chance for a win this season. They stand no chance against Ottawa and TO. They will lose to BC next week.

The reason we lost was their kicker came in cold and hit a 53 yard field goal, everything before that doesn't matter

Some fella named Palardy did the same for the Argos a couple of weeks ago and he had been stone cold for almost 2 years.

Hey Hey Hey - wait a minute - there Long throw - isn't a field goal 50/50 at best? I said it last week to all the cry babies here about the officiating - WE Lost to Calgary - not the officials. WE still had a chance to kick a game tying field goal but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's not poor poor LIram's fault that he missed a 49 yarder, that's a 50/50 isn't it. 

L M A O

I told you last week WE Lost

And you guys should hear the Eskimo fans. What a B.S. Pass Interference call. But hey - we bomber fans got what we wanted - a make up call at the end of the game. And look what we did with it? 

Bottom line - good teams find a way to win and crap teams find ways to lose. 

For one, I don't want to read one more post on here about how an official robbed us of a win. Doesn't happen. Players decide it. Last week the Bomber C-H-0-K-E-D. This week, from 4 yards farther back, a kicker who hasn't kicked in two months and only been kicking for three weeks walks in and nails a 53 yard field goal to win it - IN SPITE of a BS call that went against them.

'Nuff said. 

I'm pissed off enough about yesterday, I don't want to keep discussing a bogus loss the week before by an official. Only so much any of us can take anymore.

You know I understand this.I would of been too but I expected Edm to come back with so much time left in the game.I give the Blue credit for busting their ass in this game deserved a better fate.

Yesterday it wasn't terrible play calling .. it was simply a lack of execution.

That said, there are times where our illustrious OC looks completely out of touch with the tempo and flow of the game .. there are also times, where you watch plays develop and receivers are running their routes to the same depth .. they are in the same vicinity .. there's nothing that pushes the coverage off / draws defenders off a route .. whether that's play design ir on the receiver .. I don't know .. we also have one of the slowest developing run games going .. it's maddening to watch.

Yesterday it wasn't terrible play calling .. it was simply a lack of execution.

That said, there are times where our illustrious OC looks completely out of touch with the tempo and flow of the game .. there are also times, where you watch plays develop and receivers are running their routes to the same depth .. they are in the same vicinity .. there's nothing that pushes the coverage off / draws defenders off a route .. whether that's play design ir on the receiver .. I don't know .. we also have one of the slowest developing run games going .. it's maddening to watch.

Exactly the feeling I have. Especially that high and slow shotgun snap where a run is called. Then to top it off, Chevron Walker. Maddening indeed.

The reason we lost was their kicker came in cold and hit a 53 yard field goal, everything before that doesn't matter

Some fella named Palardy did the same for the Argos a couple of weeks ago and he had been stone cold for almost 2 years.

Hey Hey Hey - wait a minute - there Long throw - isn't a field goal 50/50 at best? I said it last week to all the cry babies here about the officiating - WE Lost to Calgary - not the officials. WE still had a chance to kick a game tying field goal but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's not poor poor LIram's fault that he missed a 49 yarder, that's a 50/50 isn't it. 

L M A O

I told you last week WE Lost

And you guys should hear the Eskimo fans. What a B.S. Pass Interference call. But hey - we bomber fans got what we wanted - a make up call at the end of the game. And look what we did with it? 

Bottom line - good teams find a way to win and crap teams find ways to lose. 

For one, I don't want to read one more post on here about how an official robbed us of a win. Doesn't happen. Players decide it. Last week the Bomber C-H-0-K-E-D. This week, from 4 yards farther back, a kicker who hasn't kicked in two months and only been kicking for three weeks walks in and nails a 53 yard field goal to win it - IN SPITE of a BS call that went against them.

'Nuff said. 

I hate to say it but you're absolutely right. 90% crap team from the BOD right on down. But many will remain in denial so let's keep rolling the same crap out there week after week looking for a different result. LOL! What a joke! Laughing stock of the league. 

we also have one of the slowest developing run games going .. it's maddening to watch.

I've commented on this before. The tempo of the running play does not match the blocking, IMO. By the time the RB gets the ball, and hits the hole, it's been back-filled. Too slow.