Week 13 - Edm 25 Ham 18 & Ott 30 Sask. 27

Mr Dee

Overwhelming pick in this week's FNF game is the Stamps over BC....I've seen no other pick. It's the #2 ranked team vs. the #8 ranked team.

Check out these game notes...

The Stampeders have not lost two games in a row since July 12, 2012, a span of 62 games (Toronto & Montreal Jul 7 & 12).

Stamps at home: BC is one of only two clubs to defeat Calgary at McMahon Stadium in the last 16 Stampeder home games (Winnipeg was the other) and Calgary is 16-2 in that run. In their last 29 home games dating back to Sep 3/12, Calgary is 26-3.

First 28 QB Starts: Calgary is now 23-5 when Bo Levi Mitchell starts at QB after last week’s loss to Edmonton.

Low Carries: Last week’s total of 4 carries for Harris was his lowest total as a starter since a 35-14 loss to Saskatchewan on Oct 19/13 (4 for 29 yards).

Calgary & BC successful challengers: The Stampeders challenged twice last week and were able to overturn both initial calls; the only other club in 2015 to do that was BC on Jul 4/15 vs Ottawa. Last year only three clubs all year went two-for-two.

Last week EDM: Calgary started very slowly last week as Edmonton held them to just 113 first half net yards and 7 first downs. Calgary did not score in the 1st Quarter for the second straight game but bounced back to lead 10-9 at the half. Edmonton forced two late Calgary turnovers however to win 27-16. The 352 passing yards for Mike Reilly was just the second 300+ game posted by an opposing QB this season.

Last week vs OTT: The Lions were beaten by Ottawa for the first time at home since October 6, 1990 and that broke a run of 22-1 vs Ottawa clubs dating back to October 1979. BC was held to just 18:15 of Possession Time and in the 21 seasons since 1995 when data exists for this result, it was the 3rd-lowest ever. That trailed only the record-low 17:46 for Toronto vs Calgary in July 2010.

- The Stampeders have now gone two games scoring just 16 points in each after averaging 31.4 ppg in the previous 7 contests. Over the last 2 games, Calgary has only 2 TD drives and 6 FGs in 33 possessions with 11 punts and 5 turnovers.

- This is an amazing stat....The Lions have now gone three games without a “big play” on offence with their longest rush being just 14 yards (and only two going 10+ yards), and their longest pass being just 29 yards.

- Rene Paredes: Holds the CFL’s longest current FG made streak at 15 in a row and has missed just three times all season (88.9%). Paredes’ longest streak of 2014 was 11 straight made. Prior to the current 15 straight he has now made, he had gone just 20-for-30 dating back to the final 6 games of 2014, a 67% mark.

- Over their first 7 games, the Stamps were a +7 in the Turnover ratio category. Over their last 4 games they have gone -5 with 6 interceptions and 3 fumbles lost.

- BC 2 wins in last 7: The last time that the Lions won only twice in a span of 7 games was to close out the 2014 season. In their last 17 games the Lions W-L record is just 6-11.

- This is the latest date that the Stamps and Lions have had their first meeting of the regular season in 62 years of competition.

Looking at our remaining schedule and the teams that we are in competition for playoff spots...

BC - @CGY, @EDM, SSK, WPG, @EDM, HAM, @TOR, CGY

WPG  - @MTL, CGY, EDM, @BC, @OTT, OTT, @TOR
MTL - WPG, @SSK, @OTT, TOR, HAM, @TOR, @EDM, SSK

I think BC got the hardest schedule, followed by us then MTL.

Looking at our remaining schedule and the teams that we are in competition for playoff spots...

WPG - @MTL, CGY, EDM, @BC, @OTT, OTT, @TOR

Thanks for doing this. BC definitely has the most difficult schedule of the 3. I'd say it's a toss up between us and Montreal after that. Looking at your chart, I like our chances though!

Thanks for doing this. BC definitely has the most difficult schedule of the 3. I'd say it's a toss up between us and Montreal after that. Looking at your chart, I like our chances though!

Beating them on Sunday will put a lot more pressure to them though. We might root for Glenn & the Riders to win against them next week.

CGY, EDM and HAM will take care of BC.

Ottawa is definitely not a pushover this year... just inconsistent

Harris sure has had a drop off this year. 

Wonder if he's taken too much pounding over the last few years.

Is there anyone on the Lions' roster who is having a good year?

secondary has made some nice plays lately…. Bighill still playing well. That's all I can think of.

edit. 

So last week we were told the force out rule no longer applies on the Denmark catch. Tonight arcenaux is forced out and doesn't land inside and they ruled it as forced out.

Is this rule gone or not because I'm more confused now. Is it perhaps like American League vs National League in football?

I still think Denmark was robbed of that huge catch.

So last week we were told the force out rule no longer applies on the Denmark catch. Tonight arcenaux is forced out and doesn't land inside and they ruled it as forced out.

Is this rule gone or not because I'm more confused now. Is it perhaps like American League vs National League in football?

I still think Denmark was robbed of that huge catch.

Good thing the Denmark call didn't have a significant impact on the game.

Occasionally I might be inclined to review the rules of the CFL. That would probably just get me cranked up and angry with the caliber of the refs and command center.