Henoc Muamba or Matt Nichols?

gbill2004

Henoc or Nichols?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Henoc or Nichols?

• Henoc Muamba
    • Matt Nichols

If you could only sign one guy, who would it be?  I'd love to have Henoc back in a Bomber uniform, but teams NEED two quality QBs if they want to contend and become legit playoff/Grey Cup contenders (look at Calgary's model).  In my opinion, Henoc would be a luxury, but Nichols is a need.  If I had $225k and could only sign one of Nichols or Henoc, I'd give the money to Nichols. 

We'd probably be 5-6 or even 6-5 right now if we had Nichols right when Willy went down.  Henoc is a luxury, but Nichols is a difference maker. 

What kind of money will Matt Nicholls be looking for anyway as he hasn't shown in the past that he's a long term starter in the CFL? I think his options would be limited unless he really plays extremely well in the final 7 games of the year where other teams would pursue him in free agency thereby driving up his worth as a qb. Nicholls is still a valuable addition who overcame adversity last night & the team rallied around him. Nicholls is light years better than what we had & suddenly with Drew Willy we actually have legitimate qb depth like the Stampeders & now can perhaps start developing young qbs in the #3 position. This is a game changer for the team, folks. I can't  recall the last time we had two qbs with CFL experience who can play. To answer your question, the Bombers need to sign Nicholls to a new contract before he hits free agency next February.

....Excellent question and a hard one to answer....I definitely like the combo in Cal. of Drew and Bo-Levi and they seem to make it work....Could we have a combo of Drew and Matt and make it work...One helluva combo for us if both parties accept their roles as 1a and 1b.....Muamba, very talented, was our first round pic and was one of the few who have really made the grade with us, and his non-import status is a big plus...Tough call but I'd have to go with Nichols if it came down to the money crunch...BUT why not have both says Mr. Greedy me.

Henoc Muamba and there's no hesitation or thinking twice about it.

An adequate backup QB does not have equal value to a star Canadian defensive player.

It does to a team that had the worst quarterback depth forever. What's the point of signing your superstar qb (Willy) & selling the idea to Bombers fans that Happy Days Are Here Again only for the season to be lost when he gets hurt because the quarterbacks behind him are useless. Lesson learned by Walters I would hope. Enough that if Nicholls plays well he doesn't let him get away in free agency. In the words of Chris Jericho, I never.... EVER.... want to see Brian Brohm play another game for the Blue Bombers again. 

If we have the over one million dollars in cap space currently that's been speculated about recently, coupled with the Chris Greaves trade who was getting paid quite handsomely, there's no reason whatsoever that we can't have both. It's a bit of a silly question to be honest given that.

We don't have a million in cap space and if you don't like the question then don't answer or respond. It's a legit question that Walters may need to consider. None of us know the Bombers true cap situation.

If we have the over one million dollars in cap space currently that's been speculated about recently, coupled with the Chris Greaves trade who was getting paid quite handsomely, there's no reason whatsoever that we can't have both. It's a bit of a silly question to be honest given that.

We don't have a million in cap space and if you don't like the question then don't answer or respond. It's a legit question that Walters may need to consider. None of us know the Bombers true cap situation.

If none of us know the true cap situation, why are you writing about it factually in the first sentence of this post?

nichols salary could be made up of marve and brohms salaries lol.

henoc is a rare specimen. Canadian who plays like an american allstar MLB.

You find one of those every.. What, 7-10 years? nichols come and go. We can keep trying to find our own or steal someone elses. You cant really scout a Muamba or steal one..

So.. henoc and it should be a landslide lol.

We are to make the determination on Nichols based on one game? Really? Another player with a history of injury concerns. Based on the one game Should we then assume the haters now want to sign MB to a 3 year extension too? Let's be a little more objective and less reactionary.

Nichols has played more than one CFL game.

If none of us know the true cap situation, why are you writing about it factually in the first sentence of this post?

Easy Mike. Lets not let facts get in the way of a pointless debate ;)

Easy Mike. Lets not let facts get in the way of a pointless debate ;)
There's a floor as part of the salary cap. It ain't $1 million below the cap.