Henoc Muamba or Matt Nichols?

gbill2004

Henoc or Nichols?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Henoc or Nichols?

• Henoc Muamba
    • Matt Nichols

I agree with 17to85, this is not an either or question. Not in any way shape or form. It makes no sense. If you want to ask an either or question about Muamba then it should be Henoc or Hurl? In that scenario one could make the argument the Bombers could only realistically keep one. Muamba or backup QB makes no sense.

I agree with 17to85, this is not an either or question. Not in any way shape or form. It makes no sense. If you want to ask an either or question about Muamba then it should be Henoc or Hurl? In that scenario one could make the argument the Bombers could only realistically keep one. Muamba or backup QB makes no sense.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for truth.

That’s your opinion and you’re certainly entitled to it.  Not sure why this question bothers you so much…it’s a legit question that a GM could need to consider/manage. 

Quoted for truth.

That’s your opinion and you’re certainly entitled to it.  Not sure why this question bothers you so much…it’s a legit question that a GM could need to consider/manage. 

It's a legit dumb question because Nichols ain't getting paid like a starter and even if he was I got a lot of other areas I can cut salary in to fit both in. Picard cut alone saves a huge amount of money. 

Quoted for truth.

It's a legit dumb question because Nichols ain't getting paid like a starter and even if he was I got a lot of other areas I can cut salary in to fit both in. Picard cut alone saves a huge amount of money. 

Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion :)

Right now? Nichols. It would be nice have Muamba but I would bet he is going to sign in TO or Hamilton, maybe even BC. I can't see the Blu emaking him a serious offer. But who knows.

While Nichols is a definite back-up I think he is interested in being a starter so I could see him venturing into the FA market. I would hope that the Bombers make an offer to him before that happens. Nichols starting stats are actually quite good. Yes he has run into interception trouble but let's not forget he was 5-2 (if I am not mistaken) in his starts (this year?), which is actually really good. Depending on how good the rest of your team is interception troubles can be overcome. If I am not mistaken Glenn had a few very high interception years and the Bombers still faired okay. Granted Winipeg isn't a good enough team to overcome such issues but who knows if Nichols will have that issue here.

Right now? Nichols. It would be nice have Muamba but I would bet he is going to sign in TO or Hamilton, maybe even BC. I can't see the Blu emaking him a serious offer. But who knows.

While Nichols is a definite back-up I think he is interested in being a starter so I could see him venturing into the FA market. I would hope that the Bombers make an offer to him before that happens. Nichols starting stats are actually quite good. Yes he has run into interception trouble but let's not forget he was 5-2 (if I am not mistaken) in his starts (this year?), which is actually really good. Depending on how good the rest of your team is interception troubles can be overcome. If I am not mistaken Glenn had a few very high interception years and the Bombers still faired okay. Granted Winipeg isn't a good enough team to overcome such issues but who knows if Nichols will have that issue here.

Good point, sometimes higher interception rates go hand-in-hand with higher completion rates.  Dunigan was a good example of that.

Hurl has actually played quite well for the majority of the season, People just seem to have this dislike for him out there, Not sure why it is but they do. The minute hurl signed here lots of people were already crapping all over him and nothing has changed. He's been pretty damn good tho. 

One is a guy who plays every down on defence and special teams, both at an elite level, and was the CFL's runner-up most outstanding Canadian a year and a half ago in a league where the rules state you have to start a minimum of 7 Canadian players.

The other is a serviceable backup QB that ideally never sees the field.

Even though this is a hypothetical question that would never ever ever happen in reality, much like if Scarlet Johanssen and Kate Upton both wanted some sweet sweet mrbg action, which one would get kicked to the curb?  I can play along.  Muamba stays, Nichols goes.  A serviceable backup QB isn't that hard to find; the Bombers have just made it appear that way.

And if we were to operate in reality, there is simply no plausible reason the Bombers can't afford both.  Much like the Scarlet/Kate conundrum.  There is no need to choose.  You can have both.  Well, maybe not you...

what's that dear?  no, nothing...just writing a letter to our world vision child...

Quoted for truth.

Absolutely. This place is like Animal Farm. Everyone is equal but some think they are more equal than others.  :D

Quoted for truth.

Absolutely. This place is like Animal Farm. Everyone is equal but some think they are more equal than others.  :D

This is completely untrue. There is a big discrepancy between many posters. This particular question is dumb for a number of reasons that have been pointed out by me and others.

Quoted for truth.

This is completely untrue. There is a big discrepancy between many posters. This particular question is dumb for a number of reasons that have been pointed out by me and others.

And others think it's a good thoughtful question :) 

Quoted for truth.

I wouldn't call it dumb...poorly thought out, or unrealistic are probably more appropriate. In what world does a team sign a MLBer and cut a QB to offset it? Doesn't make too much sense in reality.

However, this thread does offer some discussion points. Can we fit Henoc into our current SMS long term or are their SMS issues that need to be cleared up?

Extremely and highly unlikely any of these legit questions have anything at all to do with Nichols though. I will concede that the use of him as a choice was not very intelligent. Especially when you have Hurl who plays the same position and makes roughly the same amount of money being the overwhelmingly most likely candidate to be traded or released in the offseason should we sign Henoc.

I can also think of 5-6 moves that would make far more sense before even contemplating the future of my QB corps. You spend what you need to spend on QBs and NIs, and then you fill in the rest of the SMS.

Quoted for truth.

I wouldn't call it dumb...poorly thought out, or unrealistic are probably more appropriate. In what world does a team sign a MLBer and cut a QB to offset it? Doesn't make too much sense in reality.

However, this thread does offer some discussion points. Can we fit Henoc into our current SMS long term or are their SMS issues that need to be cleared up?

Extremely and highly unlikely any of these legit questions have anything at all to do with Nichols though.

Read the initial question on page 1...it's not poorly thought out.  It was asked exactly as was the intent: "If you were a GM...". 

Quoted for truth.

Extremely and highly unlikely any of these legit questions have anything at all to do with Nichols though.

Read the initial question on page 1...it's not poorly thought out.  It was asked exactly as was the intent: "If you were a GM...". 

It's poorly thought out because there would be no GM in the free world faced with this dilemma. There are your QBs, your NIs, that must be protected then every other 30 or so imports would be targets for release before this would ever happen. It's not a plausible situation.

The Bombers have at least a dozen people they would release or trade that would provide the SMS savings needed before this situation would ever occur.

In what world would a football team have to sacrifice it's backup QB to sign a star NI. NO WORLD, thus it's poorly thought out because although hypothetical it is not a question any GM would ever have to answer.

It's like asking, " If you could only have one, would you choose a GM or a HC?"

The answer that everyone not willing to partake in farfetched hypotheticals is trying to tell you is that they would sign both and make cuts to the SMS elsewhere.

Quoted for truth.

It's poorly thought out because there would be no GM in the free world faced with this dilemma. There are your QBs, your NIs, that must be protected then every other 30 or so imports would be targets for release before this would ever happen. It's not a plausible situation.

The Bombers have at least a dozen people they would release or trade that would provide the SMS savings needed before this situation would ever occur.

Actually it is. GMs shuffle money around all the time from one position group to another.  You don't think that Huff has a little less in one position group or had to release a higher paid player because he pays Tate more than any backup QB in the league?  Or that Taman had to release some players because he signed Kevin Glenn?   Not saying its definitely a situation Walters is dealing with but is a potential situation a GM might face...

No it's really not. You are trying to suggest that each position on the field is weighted equally. They are not. QB is not a position that ever receives cuts due to SMS unless you have an aging QB that is not earning his money. Nobody skimps on their QB corps, nobody, If the Bombers were in a cash crunch to get Henoc there are about a dozen non QB imports that would be more likely to get their walking papers.

Let's put it this way, the fact that Nichols is a capable backup QB and that Henoc is a star MLBer means that the choice would never be between them. The Bombers would cut any of, or a combination of, Moore, Denmark, Cotton, Turner, Anderson, Hurl, Randle, Leggett, etc. before they would even consider turfing their backup.

I am not sure what you think Nichols is making but he is a career backup, he might be marginally more expensive than Brohm. Why would you ever go into your QB corps to save money? Or use it as an excuse to not sign a star NI? Both are absolute roster priorities. Everyone else is expendable to make it happen. Cripes, thats pre-beginner roster management 101 stuff there.