Nichols is the man.

Fatty Liver

Lets see how this goes against a real D.....

agreed, but as far as nichols goes, I think hes only going to get better himself getting more familiar with the team, the oline letting the opposing defenders at him isnt his fault. From what I saw hes got the ability to quickly get rid of the ball, has an arm and is fairly accurate. Cant ask for much more until willy returns.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet  - Ottawa.

At this point we may as well just poach other teams QB's.... bring in Gale  I'm sure he can be no worse then Brohm and at least he had 3 years of mentoring under good coaches and good qbs.

I think we're just so used to how bad MB is, that when his O becomes even slightly effective, we start thinking it's a masterpiece.

Nichols took a while to warm up, but once he got familiar with the receivers he was able to light it up a bit in the second half. SO happy he is here.

k nobody is calling it a masterpiece.. or that it should save his job even...

what we are saying is that with a legit QB it is functional and capable of producing points and yards.. couple with a stingy defense and error free ST..

2 outta 3 aint bad.

That's taking it too far, Lirim and Stoudermire are becoming the "usual suspects" in regard to ST errors.  Stoudermire looked better on his returns tonight but he fumbled the ball on hits at least twice.

... Hence 2 outta 3.. Our offense was good today and defense was stingy.. STs, while improved continued to be an issue even if its only down to two specific targets..

I never said the STs were good.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet - Ottawa.

Burris is still under contract with the Redblscks next season. His initial contract with them was for 3 years.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet  - Ottawa.

If Wpg. shows Nichols some love, I'd bet he'd be happy to re-sign here.  He has to look at his realistic chances of landing a starting position in the CFL and appreciate that there aren't many opportunities out there for a QB with his record and injury history.  Honestly can't see any team investing in him as their number one at this point. 

If Wpg. shows Nichols some love, I'd bet he'd be happy to re-sign here.  He has to look at his realistic chances of landing a starting position in the CFL and appreciate that there aren't many opportunities out there for a QB with his record and injury history.  Honestly can't see any team investing in him as their number one at this point. 

What's Burris' status for 2016? If he shows well for us this month OTT will show him the money.

One thing for sure - Nichols is far far better (as is Willy) than any QB recruit the bombers have brought in in the past 20 years. That's why most years we're doormats. I wonder where Nichols will sign next year? My bet - Ottawa.

If Wpg. shows Nichols some love, I'd bet he'd be happy to re-sign here. He has to look at his realistic chances of landing a starting position in the CFL and appreciate that there aren't many opportunities out there for a QB with his record and injury history. Honestly can't see any team investing in him as their number one at this point.

What's Burris' status for 2016? If he shows well for us this month OTT will show him the money.
Burris is under contract with Ottawa for 2016. He signed a 3 year deal.

Why would you say that? Your bet Ottawa?? Is that because it's Winnipeg & Walters will just say, ah he's not worth it so let him go? The season isn't even over & you're just being fatalistic. I tell you what, if Nicholls plays well & since WE TRADED FOR HIM which means he knows we wanted him, whereas in Edmonton he was more of an afterthought, I'll make a bold prediction... he'll sign here. Not Ottawa. 

what we are saying is that with a legit QB it is functional and capable of producing points and yards.. couple with a stingy defense and error free ST..

2 outta 3 aint bad.

That's taking it too far, Lirim and Stoudermire are becoming the "usual suspects" in regard to ST errors.  Stoudermire looked better on his returns tonight but he fumbled the ball on hits at least twice.

... Hence 2 outta 3.. Our offense was good today and defense was stingy.. STs, while improved continued to be an issue even if its only down to two specific targets..

Sorry, misinterpreted your intent.

By the time Burris is done there will be better options than Nichols.  If the RB's are smart they're already shopping

It's amazing what a win will do around here.

Nichols didn't win the game last night the defence did. Nichols could have cost us the game with 3 turnovers in the first half, but he threw a TD pass (The first since Willy went down?) so now he's 'the man' and should be paid like a starter? IMO, Brohm/Marve/'A dozen or so other backup QB's' have set the bar so low that Nichols just looks like our saviour. He's a big upgrade over our other backup QB's, but lets see what he can do for more than a single game against the worst defence in the league before we make any silly proclamations about him.

2 outta 3 aint bad.

Sorry, misinterpreted your intent.

All good, thanks for clearing it up :)

Nichols didn't win the game last night the defence did. Nichols could have cost us the game with 3 turnovers in the first half, but he threw a TD pass (The first since Willy went down?) so now he's 'the man' and should be paid like a starter? IMO, Brohm/Marve/'A dozen or so other backup QB's' have set the bar so low that Nichols just looks like our saviour. He's a big upgrade over our other backup QB's, but lets see what he can do for more than a single game against the worst defence in the league before we make any silly proclamations about him.

Way to gloss over everything. nichols threw deep balls better then marve or brohm. He executed the offense properly. Made better fakes and moved the ball with his feet when needed. Did he play mistake-free? No. Did it look like his first game as a bomber after 4 practices? Yes.

I dont think many are clamouring for him to be #1 but many see his value and that he is leagues better then previous QBs..

Give the man his due. If he doesnt make the first downs and move the chains, maybe our defense tires out again..

Sucks we lost Randle for the season, but I actually thought Leggett at LB is a good thing. He wasn't making plays at safety but he seemed to be aggressive last night at LB.

He wasnt making plays at safety because he was rarely if ever tested one on one and it always seems like whomever he was doubling was always blanketed.. Imo at least.

Why would you say that? Your bet Ottawa?? Is that because it's Winnipeg & Walters will just say, ah he's not worth it so let him go? The season isn't even over & you're just being fatalistic. I tell you what, if Nicholls plays well & since WE TRADED FOR HIM which means he knows we wanted him, whereas in Edmonton he was more of an afterthought, I'll make a bold prediction... he'll sign here. Not Ottawa.

Interesting, what happens if Nichols catches fire down the stretch and out plays Willy?

Way to gloss over everything. nichols threw deep balls better then marve or brohm. He executed the offense properly. Made better fakes and moved the ball with his feet when needed. Did he play mistake-free? No. Did it look like his first game as a bomber after 4 practices? Yes.

I dont think many are clamouring for him to be #1 but many see his value and that he is leagues better then previous QBs..

Give the man his due. If he doesnt make the first downs and move the chains, maybe our defense tires out again..

Bingo!

You're the one whose glossing over his mistakes. Better than Marve/Brohm? Sure. I said as much in my post.

'The Man'? After 1 game? Where he played inconsistently at best? Nah. We've seen lots of QB's have a good half before. Most don't end up being 'The Man'.