Henoc Muamba Released by Colts!

gbill2004

I think let say goodbye for our hopes to see Muamba back in blue&gold.

With our current situation, he won't come back here to spend another 2-3 years with a chance to win a cup.

well then I hope every time he sacks our QB, tackles our RB behind the line for a loss, recovers one of our many fumbles or makes an INT I hope the Winnipeg fans boo him lustily! :)  Just kidding, I couldn't blame him for not wanting to join team Hot Garbage.

He is in fact a ratio breaker but we are talking about a team that for whatever reason chooses to start extra Canadians when they don't need to. I am all for being pro Canuck but when you have one country with a pool of 300 million and another with 1/10th of that does it not seem safe to believe you can find more and better qualified employees to play from the pool of 300 million? So let's start with playing 7 quality Canadians first and hope that Henoc's is one of them.

He is in fact a ratio breaker but we are talking about a team that for whatever reason chooses to start extra Canadians when they don't need to. I am all for being pro Canuck but when you have one country with a pool of 300 million and another with 1/10th of that does it not seem safe to believe you can find more and better qualified employees to play from the pool of 300 million? So let's start with playing 7 quality Canadians first and hope that Henoc's is one of them.

Is there a team "starting" just 7 Canadians?  It's a roster management ploy so they aren't stuck playing guys who don't belong on the field on O or D if there's an injury.  Barely affects how they deploy the imports.  The bigger problem here is the lack of impact players among the imports we're playing.

Roster ploy? When teams are struggling to find Canadians and replace injured Canadians in a league that has diluted the Canadian talent base by adding another team how is playing extra subpar players become a strategy? You are right this team needs impact players not just warm bodies, sum with barely a pulse.

If price was the same. Would you take Henoc Muamba or Ricky Ray? I only ask the question because should we be investing more money on the defence?

I don't think Ray would help this team at all.

Seriously!  Have you been watching the team this year?  Willy cant be depended on to play 18 games in a season. 

But again the point of the post is should we be spending probably $250,000on a defensive player.

If price was the same. Would you take Henoc Muamba or Ricky Ray? I only ask the question because should we be investing more money on the defence?

Seriously! Have you been watching the team this year? Willy cant be depended on to play 18 games in a season.

But again the point of the post is should we be spending probably $250,000on a defensive player.

I remember the Eskimoes having some terrible teams with Ray under centre and I just don't think he would be effective at all in this offence with this OL. I also think he's still not ready to start and trade talks are pointless. Not to mention the fact that he would get injured faster than Willy did. His body is no longer durable enough to take the hits he would here.

Muamba on the other hand is a clear upgrade who would help our team now and going into the future. He is a cornerstone piece.

Seriously!  Have you been watching the team this year?  Willy cant be depended on to play 18 games in a season. 

But again the point of the post is should we be spending probably $250,000on a defensive player.

So you think putting an aging QB that has missed large chunks of two of the last three years because of injury behind this putrid o-line would improve the situation? Ray would need to be scraped off the turf within a game or two!

So you think putting an aging QB that has missed large chunks of two of the last three years because of injury behind this putrid o-line would improve the situation? Ray would need to be scraped off the turf within a game or two!

Read the bolded section please.