Blowouts & Emergency Surgery: Buck

BigBlue

Blow outs are what get coaches (and GM's) fired

If MOS wants to save his job for next year he must appear to do something, attempt to resucitate the patient which is in this case is the BB Offence.

Making Buck Pierce OC might do it. The elephant in the parlor is of course MB's predictability, timidity and whatever else adds up to this tepid incompetence. Buck at least has fire in his belly and the courage to try.

The other appearance needed is to cut Brohm; If you won't cut incompetence you appear indifferent.

Bringing back Yantz might appease some of us. Saying he was too green to play was just MB's cowardice. He could find a receiver downfield and rifle it in to him. No skipped balls with Canadian star. And he brings a history of success and confidence, If that is too big a move, then go find Portris although that feels like defeatism.

The brass have to make a move or two immediately .... none of this rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Bringing back Yantz might appease some of us. Saying he was too green to play was just MB's cowardice. He could find a receiver downfield and rifle it in to him. No skipped balls with Canadian star. And he brings a history of success and confidence, If that is too big a move, then go find Portris although that feels like defeatism.

You must be the only person on earth that's seen Yantz play against CFL players.  You're making some massive assumptions.

Blow outs are what get coaches (and GM's) fired

If MOS wants to save his job for next year he must appear to do something, attempt to resucitate the patient which is in this case is the BB Offence.

Making Buck Pierce OC might do it. The elephant in the parlor is of course MB's predictability, timidity and whatever else adds up to this tepid incompetence. Buck at least has fire in his belly and the courage to try.

The other appearance needed is to cut Brohm; If you won't cut incompetence you appear indifferent.

The brass have to make a move or two immediately .... none of this rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but bringing in even worse QBs than we already have would not appease me in any way.

You must be the only person on earth that's seen Yantz play against CFL players. You're making some massive assumptions.

Yea trying to suggest yantz could be some form of savior is ludicrous.. If a guy like air canada cant get any traction after playing in a legit program... How is yantz gonna step in and be the man..

Smh.

You must be the only person on earth that's seen Yantz play against CFL players.  You're making some massive assumptions.

completely agree... you know who else can whip the ball around in practice... Brian Brohm... game situations are a completely different animal...

Let us bring in a "consultant" then.....

What I'm suggesting is that Wade is partially to blame for the Bellefeuille disaster.

Wade is to blame for the entire mess. He hired Walters. Walters hired our useless scouts & Mike O'Shea.

Iso...you starting to sound more and more like Nasty Nate.  All you have to do is start using those crazy nicknames and you're there.   :D  :D  :D

Let us bring in a "consultant" then.....

What I'm suggesting is that Wade is partially to blame for the Bellefeuille disaster.

Wade is to blame for the entire mess. He hired Walters. Walters hired our useless scouts & Mike O'Shea.

Iso...you starting to sound more and more like Nasty Nate.  All you have to do is start using those crazy nicknames and you're there.   :D  :D  :D

Please don't get insulting by comparing me to that douchebag. I want this team to win. Nate doesn't because he's a moron. I admit I'm becoming very dissatisfied with this entire regime. I don't think we're much better or further ahead than we were in 2013 & I'm not happy about it as you can probably tell. O'Shea seems as lost as Burke was trying to find the answers but he just handles the situation talking to the media differently.

Please don't get insulting by comparing me to that douchebag. I want this team to win. Nate doesn't because he's a moron. I admit I'm becoming very dissatisfied with this entire regime. I don't think we're much better or further ahead than we were in 2013 & I'm not happy about it as you can probably tell. O'Shea seems as lost as Burke was trying to find the answers but he just handles the situation talking to the media differently.

Hey if you get offended being compared to Nasty Nate don't offend O'Shea comparing him to Burke. He is a way better coach than Burke could ever hope to be. 

Hey if you get offended being compared to Nasty Nate don't offend O'Shea comparing him to Burke. He is a way better coach than Burke could ever hope to be. 

Okay, point taken. Although, I still don't think he's a great coach. O'Shea handles the media differently than Burke did. Burke was totally pathetic trying to look like this tragic figure. O'Shea at least has his pride. As far as Nate goes, how would anyone feel here being compared to him? Man, I'm going to have to spend about an hour in the shower scrubbing as now I feel so dirty.

I don't see the evidence that O'Shea is better than Burke.  They were both good coordinators with bad head coaching records.  Other than style, what's the difference?

I don't see the evidence that O'Shea is better than Burke.  They were both good coordinators with bad head coaching records.  Other than style, what's the difference?

I don't see the players quitting on O'Shea. They gave up on Burke entirely. Yeah the team right now has a hard time rebounding from a couple poor plays, but it's different than a team that just packs it in entirely. I mean just looking at that Calgary game, the defense fought tooth and nail in the first half to try and give the offense all the chances they needed to win but the execution simply wasn't there on offence. With Burke the team visibly checked out about 5 minutes into a game. 

Hey if you get offended being compared to Nasty Nate don't offend O'Shea comparing him to Burke. He is a way better coach than Burke could ever hope to be

Record wise and lame BS excuses wise, he's right there with him.

I don't see the players quitting on O'Shea. They gave up on Burke entirely. Yeah the team right now has a hard time rebounding from a couple poor plays, but it's different than a team that just packs it in entirely. I mean just looking at that Calgary game, the defense fought tooth and nail in the first half to try and give the offense all the chances they needed to win but the execution simply wasn't there on offence. With Burke the team visibly checked out about 5 minutes into a game. 

4 blow outs says otherwise

I agree the players haven't given up on O'Shea yet, he is much more of a leader than Tim B. however I do have many issues with O'Shea's style I think he is too easy on the players in practice and he gives then too much "rest" IMO , Cal Murphy wasn't too working about keeping his players fresh he wanted them to work in practice and lots of them...

I think for a team that has gone 4-14 over its past 18 games ( and only 3 without Willy ) we are not a very good team and its not from a lack of talent IMO its poor coaching especially our OC , ST and OL Coaches...

I agree the players haven't given up on O'Shea yet, he is much more of a leader than Tim B. however I do have many issues with O'Shea's style I think he is too easy on the players in practice and he gives then too much "rest" IMO , Cal Murphy wasn't too working about keeping his players fresh he wanted them to work in practice and lots of them...

I think for a team that has gone 4-14 over its past 18 games ( and only 3 without Willy ) we are not a very good team and its not from a lack of talent IMO its poor coaching especially our OC , ST and OL Coaches...

Coaching has changed and evolved since Cal Murphy was coaching. The task master doesn't work anymore. 

The offense was done in the first quarter last Saturday. I'd say they quit as a unit. Maybe not on O'Shea but certainly the offense quit on Bellefeuille & Marve as he was totally unable to do anything at qb.

I don't think they quit, I think they were just in over their heads. 

Blow outs aren't the only story. Sometimes a blow out just happens because you're over matched. With Burke the team quit on him and as I said, I don't see the team quitting on O'Shea. I see them getting overwhelmed by negative plays and it takes them a while to recover, at which point the other team has generally opened up an insurmountable lead. This teams problem is it can't shake off poor plays quick enough and can't capitalize well enough on the big plays they do get. Let's look at this past game as an example. Calgary turns the ball over in the endzone, what do the Bombers do? They turn it right back over and Calgary immediately puts it in the endzone. Bombers block a punt and come away with only a field goal. Calgary gets an INT to start the 2nd half and it's in the endzone. See what I mean? Gotta be able to capitalize on the big plays and recover quickly when you make a bad play. 

Coaching has changed and evolved since Cal Murphy was coaching. The task master doesn't work anymore. 

Kent Austin and Hufnagel would disagree with you.

The offense was done in the first quarter last Saturday. I'd say they quit as a unit. Maybe not on O'Shea but certainly the offense quit on Bellefeuille & Marve as he was totally unable to do anything at qb.

I don't think they quit, I think they were just in over their heads. 

Blow outs aren't the only story. Sometimes a blow out just happens because you're over matched. With Burke the team quit on him and as I said, I don't see the team quitting on O'Shea. I see them getting overwhelmed by negative plays and it takes them a while to recover, at which point the other team has generally opened up an insurmountable lead. This teams problem is it can't shake off poor plays quick enough and can't capitalize well enough on the big plays they do get. Let's look at this past game as an example. Calgary turns the ball over in the endzone, what do the Bombers do? They turn it right back over and Calgary immediately puts it in the endzone. Bombers block a punt and come away with only a field goal. Calgary gets an INT to start the 2nd half and it's in the endzone. See what I mean? Gotta be able to capitalize on the big plays and recover quickly when you make a bad play. 

Blowouts do tell you a lot about the team, and almost half the games this year have been blowout losses. Either the talent just isn't there, or the coaching is lacking. O'Shea may or may not have lost the locker room but the team is spiralling downward once more and the win/loss numbers do not lie. Don Matthews,Scotty Bowman, and many other coaches were not on their players' christmas card lists, but the teams won anyways. The same applies in the business world- it all comes down to results.